How do we get people interested in math?

How do we get people interested in math?

Rotating your image 4.71 radians would be a start desu

You don't. It separates the elite from the plebs, it's fine the way it is.

stop using letters

ROTE. MEMORIZATION.

Math isnt supposed to be fun, its supposed to work.

Testosterone injections.

>How do we get people interested in math?

Interest in math is for autismos.

The way you get normal people interested in math is to make them interested in something that requires the use of math.

Like, building a soapbox racer or something.

Math is best left to the autists.

i enjoy math. but i use it in my work a lot. the more i know the easier my work is. so thats a good way, incentives math by actually making it useful to life/work

school turns people off math because it isnt taught in an "engineering" fashion

if you did this it would take thousands of lines to describe a simple algorithm. its a very bad idea.

the solution is to demonstrate numeric solutions but focus on application/abstraction so the person can actually apply the maths to broader situations and not just the one you spoon fed

This is bad. A well-educated student should know how to reproduce most identity equations by proof.

I always found it much, much easier to memorize the proof than to memorize the equation itself.

Vaccines

>Interest in math is for autismos.

So that would make /sci/...?

>Stop teaching it as memorization, if you cant deduce EVERYTHING then you dont really know it, math is just thinking

>Motivate students showing them real cases where that concept was really used, without real world uses math would be just useless arbitrary circlejerking

There, I fixed math courses

Vaccines can't build concrete roads

The only math that I enjoy is math doing something for me, not just doing more math.

Teach people that real maths =! arithmetic.

Every time plebs ask "when will i use this lol" give them details of how their iPhones are using calculus at that very moment.

Show them gifs of Tauroids being turned inside out (at least that's what got me into topology, and therefore real math)

t. mathematician

You don't. Some people are just genetically better at it. No sense in trying to improve the untermenschen.

Agreed

The truth of the matter is that math is hard, and you're going to have a problem getting roughly half the population interested in it by virtue of IQ

Of course they're mostly autismos. That's required to be good at those fields.

Studying all that shit is like building a giant sand castle that nobody can see but you.

>Show them gifs of Tauroids
show them goatse, it'll be just as effective you fucking autismo

math is a huge waste of time
name ONE benefit of math and whatever that thing is harmful

Repeal common core for starters.

Their math section is fucking terrible

Decolonize it, the math that is taught in schools today is white math, while mathematics of color is completely ignored.

you mean 1.5 radians

math tells you nothing about the universe worth knowing

You don't. How else am I supposed to make profit from the goyim's ignorance?

Two idiots. Two Flags. Two Truths

Do it the same way everything else is made cool, ban and criminalise the fuck out of it

Spoken like a true amerifat. So how've you been enjoying your time in the military?

>military
as an insult? go back to pleddit you limp wristed faggot

If you made it less hard people might like it more. Start by taking the alphabet out. That bullshit doesn't even matter. And for that matter math doesn't matter

With Anime

You fucking mentally challenged liberal. You're a fat sack of shit

Who the fuck needs soldiers when we have nucular weapons?

>Enter this thread
>See this
>Turn 2π radians and walk away

Pay them. Or at the least make it less expensive to study at the collegiate level.

Math credit hours cost .5x, while sociology hours cost 2x.

This. This is really important, my Jewish trans muslim friend was thrown out of my patriarchal maths class for trying to suggest using a non colonial approach to differentiating trig functions, using Nigerian bush voodoo.

Stop allowing maths professors to publish bullshit textbooks. Nine times out of ten the vocabulary they use is so overblown and esoteric that the average student doesn't have a chance of developing an intuitive grasp of the concepts. And if you're working through a proof work the fuck through it, don't stop halfway and say "Yeah, any fucking idiot can see how the rest of this works out". People need to see how concepts fit together. Don't tell people they fit together and expect them to guess how. If you only want to teach maths to people who already have an instinctive understanding of maths then FUCK YOU.

Its tells you everything about every possible universe

THIS
H
I
S

Tell them that maths is a minority interest

programming / computer science

allows people to apply the math they're learning and get immediate results

Math is fucking fun. Solving a math problem is no different than solving a puzzle. It's just games broken down to their most basic components.

It's applying math to the real world that's boring.