II don't understand why the US doesn't enact federal law making it impossible to vote without ID on a nation-wide basis...

II don't understand why the US doesn't enact federal law making it impossible to vote without ID on a nation-wide basis. Why is this decision left up to the individual states when it's something that can be easily exploited? Allowing states to govern themselves is fine for things that concern only that state, but not when it's something that can effect the entire nation.

It's like a teacher not bothering to make sure their students aren't cheating on a test, it makes the results completely meaningless.

Other urls found in this thread:

inquisitr.com/3719036/3-million-illegal-immigrants-voted-gregg-phillips-votestand-donald-trump-final-popular-vote-count-2016-predictions/
youtu.be/8I4jRjRqdjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because both parties want unchecked illegal immigration, and believe it to be beneficial to their side. Trump aside, most Republicans still believe this.
>"natural conservatives"
>"labor of love"

3 Million Illegal Aliens Voted in the Presidential Election
inquisitr.com/3719036/3-million-illegal-immigrants-voted-gregg-phillips-votestand-donald-trump-final-popular-vote-count-2016-predictions/

I have wondered this too. Libs claim it is because it is racist, no joke.

The govenment here in MN was even going to make the IDs free. But the left shot it down.

get rid of the two party system and there wouldn't be as much objection to it

dems only care because minorities tend to be the ones without IDs, and they tend to vote dem

alternatively, get minorities to start voting republican and watch it flip

Me:
>why are illegal immigrants, convicts, etc. allowed to vote without ID?

You:
>hey, illegal immigrants are voting!

Why the fuck do you think I made this thread, genius?

The left always parrot the lie that women and minorities are more likely to have no photo ID.
Unless you are bed ridden or full blown retarded there is no excuse for not having a fucking ID.
So if there are as many people as the left claim to have no form of ID they have other issues to cry about than being able to vote.

illegals use mexican VOTER IDS to bank in the us. without even needing a social.

but voter id laws are racist when white people do it.

youtu.be/8I4jRjRqdjQ

It'll change when trump takes over and we got a majority Republican government.

I understand why some want it while others don't... the question I'm asking is why was it ever allowed to happen this way in the first place? When the system was being designed, this would have been a glaringly obvious weak point.

It leaves the door open for a hostile takeover of the country by outside forces, on top of being exploited internally.

>911

>Libs claim it is because it is racist, no joke.
This is even taught as an argument against voter ID laws in college classes.
>why not have voter ID laws?
>"""studies""" show that it suppresses minority voter turnout
>therefore it's racist and prevents equality and diverse representation and blah blah blah

It's a meme argument like the wage gap, it's an idea that's embedded in the majority consciousness.

I heard the name Horwitz and braced myself for liberal bullshit but was wrong.
Good shit.

In order to do this the government would have supply free IDs to every citizen

You're a great nation but sure as hell your elections look like they have been imported from Liberia.

>When the system was being designed
I don't think anybody really expected that there would be 10-30 million illegals living in your country hundreds of years ago

So much for "small government", right?

That's the problem with each end of the spectrum there is corruption and idiocy that happens. If only there was a happy medium.

What's wrong with that? They already provide social security cards/numbers, why not just use that as voter ID? 1 vote allowed per SSN, problem solved.

SSN are stolen more than any form of identification there is. Reason being all you need is simple information to go along with it and you're in. The point of picture ID to vote is to insure the person standing in front of voters representative is able to not only match the information but the face as well. So JTerry B. from 123 Gimmick is who he says he is.

The problem with picture ID is that people could easily be turned away for looking different than they did when it was taken. SINs can easily be stolen, sure, but as an extra layer of security in addition to name/address I can't think of any reason why not. Unless California issues them to illegals?

>turned away for looking different than they did when it was taken.
The scenario of someone looking vastly different than there ID is super rare. You'd have to have been recently deformed or something. And even if you were it only takes a trip and a couple of bucks to get a replacement ID card with you're new Toxic Avenger face.
The base of the lie is that it's "hard" to get an ID when that's bullshit.
You'd have willingly be too lazy to make your way to the DMV for an ID.
I have family who live in Buttfuck, Georgia miles away from anything of importance with no car and they make it to the DMV to get their shit taken care of.

Oh and in some states (I know in mine) you can bring secondary forms of ID to supplement your photo ID just in case.
So there is no real excuse.

You've never known anybody turned away from a bar because they got a new haircut, shaved a bushy beard, dyed their hair, etc? It happens all the time.

You're comparing bouncers and bartenders to old blue hair who range from sticklers to zero fucks given.
At least that's what I see at my voting sites.
I just don't see it happening at a voting booth. Where when ever there is an issue they converge and deal with it as a team.
If Granny Grunt can't see it's you and you insist she will ask Grampa Jessie to take a look for her and you'd get to vote.