Voltron Legendary Defender

Season 5 is officially out and we have some an interview with Lauren and Joaquim:

screenrant.com/voltron-legendary-defender-season-5-interview/

Season 6 will be released on June 15th.

Hope they end up keeping Kuron around after they get Shiro back.

You're at the Kral Zera, this guy walks up and slaps your MUH SHIRO on the astral plane. What do?

>Voltron is dead

rip

RACE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

>33 episodes left
So what's left?
>Returning to Earth
>Haggar defeated
>Sendak defeated
>Hyperphase/Stealth power up
>Vehicle Voltron/Lotron

Lotor is cute. CUTE.

godfucking damn it, why was it only 6 episodes ending on another cliff hanger? its just annoying now.

And he failed! FAILED!

>Vehicle Voltron
Please be rational. The showrunners never saw nor gave a shit about Vehicle Voltron. Aside from their comments about VV, Throk should have been your biggest clue to that.

Allura's alchemical shenanigans.

How was it a cliff-hanger? Seemed more like a typical mid-season lore/plot dump episode like S3's flashback.

Hello, we are the main characters now and you have to deal with it.

How did they meet?

That's not Allura and Lotor. I hate watching the show's intro because it still focuses on those irrelevant people in the colored suits, when it should just be 90% Lotor and Allura doing shit. Why is the show still called "Voltron" anyway? It should be renamed "Gay Space Elves".

This season changed something within me. All this time I thought I wanted someone kind and understanding to comfort me, someone like the original Shiro. But the way that Kuron switches between anger and gentleness, his controlling nature, everything about the way he treats Lance is making me go in way too deep for him. I want Kuron to yell at me to shut up while he uses me sexually then apologize before bursting into tears and begging for help.

Help me, /vld/. This is fucking me up. Why is Kuron make me diamonds?

>mfw next season ends with Allura realizing she got duped into using her new alchemy to complete Lotron, which Lotor will use to pillage alternate realities of their quintessence

Do you think anyone liked DOTU Keith growing up?
He has the least amount of personality on the team and while Pidge's voice is grating and Sven's accent is hilarious, Keith's voice just sounded stupid and odd.
What kid wanted to sound like him?

>3 months until the next 7 episodes
god fucking dammit I really liked this season but it's clearly made in batches of 26 with mid-season finales being around episode 13, I would much rather they release it in the 13-episode seasons as earlier.

You developed a sense of taste.

Well, Lance seems to be the only hu-man Allura seems to give a shit about and if I didn't know any better I'd think they were doing some kind of love triangle thing between them and Lotor.

Why must you shit up a perfectly good thread?

I can't believe this season made me do a complete turn-around on Kuron AND Lotor, what the fuck VLD

>Do you think anyone liked DOTU Keith growing up?
I liked Keith a lot when I was a child. He was my husbando too.

>Keith's voice just sounded stupid and odd.
What kid wanted to sound like him?
It's an 80s anime redub user, voices were always weird. And Keith was super popular too. Don't be dissing Neil Ross.

>Lotor actually just wants to find an unlimited energy source to secure peace in the galaxy.
>Allura is the one that goes mad with power.
>Rest of the series is about trying to prevent the alternate future Altean empire to happen for real.

How would you feel about this?

I still think Lotor is a shitter. Maybe it's because I grew up with the old Voltron shows, but seeing him this blatantly disingenuous makes me roll my eyes so hard. Even more than the birthday cake episode of DotU.

Same, though I never disliked them as much as being indifferent. But Lotor is at his best when his Galra autism drives him and Kuron clearly being a mess makes him and the Shiro situation more interesting.

That'd be fun, but considering Lotor attacks that space wolf thing he'll go down the Zarkon path.

He really is. I'd let him keikaku me any day.

>Implying there are good Voltron threads

>ywn have movie stars cosplay your characters

The second episode really did it for me, when Lotor is fighting other Galra his true personality comes out and AJ really sells all the hatred and disdain he feels for the people who dismissed him and tried to shut him out of power. You get he feeling he COULD be a good person like Allura, but he's too set in his ways and is using his high EQ for evil.

His hair is still ugly.

McCree technically isn't dead, so since they'll be returning to earth I expect to see a reunion between McCree and Krovila if she isn't a kill.

>his high EQ
No wonder Zarkon called him the biggest shame.

>movie stars
Who?
They look like totally average dudes.

It's weird, I kinda want them to have an happy ending.
Hagar is finally recovering from her Quintessance addiction. There's still time to make things right.

That would be too interesting for this show.

What if McCree is actually a McCuck?

They are the true OTP of this show.

Haggar gets better. Lotor throws the empire away to go explore with her. His former generals and him make up. They all leave to explore space/other dimensions.

But Kova gets put down. I fucking hate that cat.

Stop trying to cuck Keith's dad.

Then explain to me why Keith is Force Sensitive if it's neither a human or Galra thing and why they just didn't say his daddy be white. Because nigga is white

These are great.

It's okay if he fails. All of his keikakus should fail and maybe someday he'll learn how to live his life without plotting every two seconds

Fuck of Sheithshit.

Too bad Keith's mom is going to cuck him.

He got some deep cuts in on Sendak too, I can't wait for him to finally turn on team Voltron and just start dragging them with catty banter.

We all know she's going to sacrifice herself for him and it'll be depressing.

Does anybody have a source for the DnD episode thing? Did someone on the staff actually say that was going to happen or was it just speculation based on that screenshot of Allura/Allura's mom?

I know this is /vld/ and there are eternally constant catfights about everything but I just wanted to say that I liked S5, I like all the characters and while the show is flawed I am entertained.

To quote Ezor:
>Lotor's plans always fail

Because while everyone likes a good guy hero type, Kuron is assertive and that's attractive. To top it off, he's all tossed salads and scrambled eggs which makes him vulnerable and troubled which is also attractive. You need to be the cream filling in the Shiro/Kuron oreo.

I don't want that but I do want some sort of light redemption for Haggar and Lotor.

>McCree technically isn't dead
He's not?

Can you stop?

Yes but I want to cut off his hair antenna

Can you stop getting triggered? Luckily for you this is the last one.

I value and respect your opinion but I believe the opposite. I think S5 is pulling the show in a bad direction, concentrating more on the overall lore and focusing on Lotor, the Galra Empire, and all the ancient past stuff instead of the core Paladin team just flying around helping people out. I wanted the show to be about the characters caught up in a war, not about the war itself. However there is still a lot to enjoy and I will keep watching.

That really sold Sendak on me even more, he really is Galra autism personified.
>Lotor: Sendak you're STUPID
>Sendak: I'm a WARRIOR
like holy shit no wonder Zarkon kept him as his right-hand man for millennia

Where's the merit? None of these are remotely funny.

Supposedly Shada mentioned it in some interview, don't know the direct source though.

They have to build the threat back up to give them something to do, user.

No, when Keith spoke to him in season 2 he just sounded, "Oh, it's you dad."

It's just pics.

Someone mentioned that the archer girl has a willow's peak, while Allura and her mother-aunt don't. It could just be a design choice if it's a D&D episode.

What? He sounded a bit surprised to see his dad. If not dead, the guy has been missing for a long time. Keith's official bio says he was orphaned.

Yeah, S5 has maybe edged out S3 as my favorite, though White Lion was a weaker episode to end on than the cool loredump flashback. The fight scenes really stepped it up this season though, and they buckled down and made progress on a lot of character subplots. Really hyped for the next batch of episodes.

Yes, I'd like to fill Shiro and Kuron with cream.

The Garrison got 'im.

yeah those are all real fucking bad

Unfunny pics. I have to write you a citation.

>the core Paladin team just flying around helping people out
Thing is I felt that were wearing thin already in S2, the "flying around helping random alien and races" were always very hit and miss, the Arusians are fun, the Balmera okay the first time but overstays their welcome and becomes dead boring, the Olkari so-so, the mermaids wasted potential, the Weblum is great etc.

Of course the space opera aspects are hit and miss too, but when well executed I think their drama and fights become a lot better.

McCree was a conspiracy theorist who was ubducted by the galra and was used as a breeding tool by cucks until he died of space std's

Yeah, a bit surprised, but not a tone of someone who knew they lost somebody. McCree isn't dead, something happened but I don't know what, all I'm confident about is he's still alive.

His dad could have died when he was so young he'd barely remember it.

White Lion was weak but clearly a random episode in the middle of a season, I really wish we got the full 13 episodes with a worthy finale. My worst fear is that they take the release format in consideration when they produce the rest of the episodes so they wind up with 6-batch season starts and finales instead, though.

What was Lauren's comment about the baby daddy? That it isn't what it appears? Something like that, I'd have to find it.

McCree would have been a reverse bull for the Galra with his human-sized dick.

Yes but it's ok to have a dream.

I would have been down for an entire show of exploring space and helping out cool rando aliens, but an user in a precious thread pointed out that VLD doesn't really settle into a status quo like that. Things are always getting shaken up and the characters are adjusting to new dynamics, and while the execution is hit-and-miss I think it's part of what makes it so compelling for me, you can never be quite sure of what's going down next.

I'm guessing Haggar's flashback isn't quite what it appears either, since everyone including Lotor has glowing quintessence eyes.

If you cut it off, how would he receive radio signals?

How many more shakeups can this show handle with the episodes that are left?

Maybe Kova is manipulating her memories.

never fear user, the writing has been locked in for so long they couldn't change that shit if they wanted to. I think people are going to look back on the pacing more fondly once all the episodes are out.

Yeah, I agree. My biggest peeve is the season formats, but unfortunately I don't have the self-control to wait for the entire 26-episode production seasons. I like how things change; characters, situations, goals and motivations, but the pacing and executions varies in quality and the short seasons feel like they end at very off moments.

>The size difference
Fuck I just want them to go at it. Disappointed in the lack of Keith and Lotor interaction. Maybe Keith will finally be allowed to exist again for extended periods of time in part two of the season.

Allura is a mary sue. There, I said it.

What a TERIBLE season that was. Nothing good can be said of making Keith a part time member.

Kova has an agenda.

We all know who would wear the pants here. If the relationship was real and not just keikaku

>ywn get to be used as Krolia's dildo