Elfquest storytime

Last time we saw that Cutter and his heterosexual life partner return to the old stomping grounds after five years at Burning Man, and wow the old neighbourhood has changed.

Issues 1-3 Issues 4-6

having some trouble tonight because of smcheck.org and piguiqproxy.com , but I'm gonna persevere. Please chime in if you're reading, if nothing else than to keep it from page 10 for a few hours.

they haven't invented house insurance yet

nice hat

> Old Maggoty uses Charm Monster
> it's super effective

do trolls know above-ground farming? I guess they've had five years to learn

> Cutter uses Lunge
> it's not very effective

missing nose, oversized eyes?
don't forget this is 1979 or 1980; Elfquest was anime before we had anime.

we find out much much later this isn't the first time Cutter's served table for trolls; he was a hostage when he was a teenager because of a Bearclaw prank that went wrong

fukkin Skywise

it's not all about you, elf-boy

Cutter can't hold his liquor

Picknose is a noble troll. Oddbit is a gold-digger... but that's attractive in trolls, I guess?

> tfw no recognition gf

> unga bunga where the troll men at

yeah Two-Edge gets a full-page spread

fight fight fight

pureblood trolls aren't animals, doofus

Don't think they're gonna hold Picknose to his promise.

guess he can do more with that mouth than just cunnilingus.

and that's issue seven. When the trolls are benevolent they're played for comedy, but when they're villains they're a hostile industrial nation against proficient but still hunter-gatherer wolfriders.

yikes page 9 already. I'll try to get another issue out even if I don't have an audience tonight.

In this issue: around five-finger, never linger

meanwhile, back at the ranch

even elves get catty and have their conservative ideas about family values

Leetah's lived in a gated community all her life. change is hard

Will do.

> three months
at 25 miles a day (horses, but no roads and rolling terrain) that'd be two thousand miles? From here in Vermont to Los Angeles? they must be going slower than 25 miles a day. Getting lost, stopping to hunt for food, etc?

listless? impatient? clumsy? loss of appetite? ask your doctor about elfexxor.

I've had fevers like this. Thankfully I also had modern medicine.

whoa shit you're not my wife

you're gonna pay for that door, kid.

#notallhumans

fire bad

fucking kids I just repaired that door

oh hello Savah. How's it goin?

Cutter you're a shit liar, but thankfully the five-fingers can't read your tells.
... hey Savah, you feelin' okay?

lights are out, nobody's home

Savah, this is why we use proxy servers

that's issue eight. and a pin-up of the wolfrider kids. Woodlock & Rainsong had a lotta kids, they were the only "stay-at-home" domestic types among the Wolfriders. Dart is Moonshade & Strongbow's kid, and we know who Leetah's kids are.

Gonna take a break, then the next issue I hope.

Good shit.

bump.

Issue 9 : Alas poor elf-yorick. and we are reminded to mistrust the church

clothes shopping montage? well, new costumes anyways. Wendy usually has consistent imagery for her comic book characters, but she does evolve their looks over time, and her clothes aren't just bodypaint and spirit glue.

Leetah's clothes are more functional, tho she still has that Elvira cleavage goin' on. and she's visibly armed.

Skywise the Smug

fukkin entitled sunfolk.
meanwhile, after Moonshade tried to shame Leetah into going, he son decides to stay.

if I remember correctly, Rainsong's unborn kid is "Mender" who does become a healer but he's also a bit... weird. not bad weird but odd even among sunfolk.

> i showd u my 5 fingers answer me

Mender is full blooded Wolfrider, but grew up in the Sun Village, engrossed in their culture and taking inspiration from others.

all these years I still don't know the name of that headpiece that Skywise wears. is it like a face-torque? but it can't be metal, must be boiled leather.

aw yiss, bathhouse scene

> I'm not afraid, you're the afraid one. baka.

how do they work? motherfuckin miracles

720 no-scope

blasphemers must be purged. only the Emperor's mercy awaits you

heretics must be purged! unless they bear gifts

what do you do when someone proves you wrong? you double-down, of course.

yeah Skywise, agreed.

so that's what happened to Rayek

pretty sure that's supposed to be Pike sending in panel 4. and who is the ayyyy lmao behind Strongbow

and here Wendy is showing off she can do more than just the idealized elves or cartoony trolls.