What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the Mighty Mutanimals?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the Mighty Mutanimals?

Which iteration was the best?

Do you think they work as a spinoff, or are they only good as a secondary team in the TMNT main series?

Other urls found in this thread:

tmntentity.blogspot.com/2011/06/mighty-mutanimals-cartoon-that-almost.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UD-D8MSd-3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanna fuck that Jagwar.

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the Mighty Mutanimals?

Decent idea for a spinoff.

>Which iteration was the best?

Original, though IDW corrected some things I couldn't stand about the first version like the insanely overbearing eco-friendly messages.

>Do you think they work as a spinoff, or are they only good as a secondary team in the TMNT main series?

I think they could work, if you did some kind of hybrid between the Archie and IDW versions.

Didn't the Archie ones die horribly?

Yeah, the creators tried to get them an animated series which fell through then a spin-off series which fell through and then decided they would rather kill them off than see them hang around anymore.

it was as petty as it sounds

Yeah, which is a shame. I actually really liked their comic.

>Didn't the Archie ones die horribly?
>Yeah, the creators tried to get them an animated series which fell through then a spin-off series which fell through and then decided they would rather kill them off than see them hang around anymore.

Here's a good research article about it with a ton of production art:

>tmntentity.blogspot.com/2011/06/mighty-mutanimals-cartoon-that-almost.html

>tmntentity.blogspot.com/2011/06/mighty-mutanimals-cartoon-that-almost.html

Now, this guy I like

The demise of the Archie series pretty much cemented the idea that TMNT spinoffs didn't work. I'm glad that it was picked up again in IDW and the Nick TMNT after Nick bought out all the rights to the old characters so there were no more legal issues.

Lucky you, they genderswapped the IDW version.

>gender swapped
>no tits

what's the point?

Like all the IDW reworks of Archie characters, she was fucking terrible.

what a cute catgirl

Mondo Gecko is someone's waifu, and they have good taste.

Their Manmoth is awesome and I will no complaints otherwise.

It's IDW TMNT dude. Or to put it another way it's IDW. They have a LOT of SJW Liberal bastards working in there. So they have a big rule:

"NO visually appealing females."

That's why all TMNT females are flat chested or drawn ugly (April went through a phase where she had short dyke hair in IDW and it lasted a LONG time before they permitted the hair to grow out again). And honestly the females are also usually quote ugly. I don't think Angel is pretty and the muscled bald woman who is in love with Karai is well...Snake covers it:

youtube.com/watch?v=UD-D8MSd-3Q

Shut the fuck up Boco.

>IDW
>NO visually appealing females

With the exclusion of robots, I presume

Part of it is that transvestite artist they had with the super unappealing art style for women.

>"NO visually appealing females."

What about Angel?

No.

>Lucky
I wanted beefy, juicy jaguar cock. Not flat cat skeleton.
Fucking dropped.

pretty sure that's a guy.

Came here to post this.

That annoying Transsexual also undid Santoluoco's design of Karai and drew Karai with a horrible Bird Beak Nose.

I want to ride Mondo Gecko's dick while he's riding his skateboard.

Campbell or somesuch yeah.

>Best one isn't there
It's shit.

"Best one" being....?

The IDW revamp only kept Leatherhead and Mondo, which made it not feel like Mutanimals at all. I mean I like Hob and Pidgeon Pete and all, but that isn't enough for me to feel it was a Mutanimal revival. One or two more classic members and I would have accepted it.

GirlNull was hot though.

Yes, that's the name. Wish Campbell idiot would get fired already, his writing ideas are also objectively bad like the shipping or Raphael having a pet dinosaur he took from the past and named it Pepperoni. He also rants and whines that no one liked Koya, Campbell is to blame for that, he was the debut artist of Koya and he drew Koya as a literal Male Anthro looking thing, but supposedly Koya is a girl falcon. So that's his own retarded fault. Typically guys don't like mannish looking females. I bet this annoying transsexual's favorite show is Steven Universe.

>The IDW revamp only kept Leatherhead and Mondo

Isn't Ray Fillet in the new Mutanimals too?

>hating Pepperoni

Okay, now I KNOW you're full of shit.

Is he? I don't think he was in any of the issues I read.

In fact I don't even remember seeing Ray in IDW. I guess I need to pick it up again.

Slash, too. He was an honorary member in Archie.

He's a pacifistic military genius. Hasn't done much.

Dreadmon is in IDW too, but he hasn't joined yet.

Yeah, guy in the centre

I almost forgot about Sally Pride.

Could have sworn I saw eyelashes.
Dammit, I wanted a radical early 90's tomboy.

They really need to add more females. Hob's group is too much of a sausage fest. And don't go and say "Damn your feminism." Animals aren't humans. Animal females can still fuck you up, case in point Zodi the scorpion woman using her poisonous tail to impale security guards. Human women are worthless, animal ones can still destroy you. I mean there's a reason many females in animal species are feared.

>Didn't the Magiswords guy draw this
>He did

Archie TMNT was one of the most fun TMNT series ever.

It was a bit environmentally preachy, but there's nothing wrong with that when you do it in such a fucking radical way.

I think it's more that they need to add more females that stick out. Alopex had a strong arc at the start but now she's just kind of there, and Sally was generic "THE STRONG GIRL" from her very firts moment. It's telling that there's such a spread of the male characters in the Mutanimals (and IDW in general) and the females are all kind of bland.

>environmentally preachy

Bitches don't know bout my Conservation Corps

>That annoying Transsexual also undid Santoluoco's design of Karai and drew Karai with a horrible Bird Beak Nose.

Doug Funnie?

It's like the artist almost had an attractive female design then fucked it up with that huge bulbous tumor nose.

The worst issue of the whole Archie run. Hands down. Not even the really shitty annuals with the rotating creative teams were as bad.

awww I liked that design

lol everyone look at this freak.

>awww I liked that design

So you like Campbell's she-males?

Fucking Skyshark.

>Sally was generic "THE STRONG GIRL" from her very firts moment

Sally does have a good role in the Mutanimals. She drives all the vehicles that transports the group during their missions given she was trained by Null to do that. So yeah she has a use. And another thing, Sally has an important character trait, she doesn't give a damn about Human Mutants. This opposes Hob's view of filling his group strictly with pure animal mutants.

>Fucking Skyshark.

What about her?

>Drawn by Amanda Conner

I had no idea she'd been in the industry since the early 90s.

I wanna fuck that Gecko

and?

I wanna fuck that shark.

>I wanna fuck that shark.

She wasn't as hot in the actual comic.

I'd still fuck her.
Also, now that IDW is going to conclude the Mirage run, I have hope they'll finaly relase The Forever War.

I don't remember even half of those characters.

>Also, now that IDW is going to conclude the Mirage run,

They;re concluding the Image run, which used to be the continuation of the Mirage run, but was decanonized by Mirage Vol. 4. So it's still up to Laird to conclude the Mirage run if he ever gets around to it.

Yeah, sorry I mean the Mirage one.

I get why people like this shit, but to me it embodies everything wrong with the bad versions of the turtles (that is everything but (some of) the mirage comics, the first movie, aspects of the next three movies, and most of the 2003 series) it's really sad that it never went away but instead came back with a vengeance

women are supposed to be neotenous and not have a lot of hair, you catamite. and let's be honest, original April looked like something you'd pull out of a drain and the drain would thank you afterwards.
jesus christ, though, this looks awful

I'd love to see a redesign of her that wasn't as hideous. Something like Shark Girl from the X-men.

Leatherhead > Wingnut & Screwloose > Mondo Gecko > Dreadmon > Man Ray > Jagwar

Not counting Ninjara here since she was never a member in the comics.

Pepperoni is trash so shut your mouth Boco

Why did they make Jagwar a girl and then not even pair her up with the others?

they're gay furries