Voltron Legendary Defender

Ready to form Voltron, Sup Forums?
Season 5 is finally out with season 6 airing on June 15th!

Wondercon will be the next panel!

please no shipping

Rest in peace, gotta love the mice user, gone but not forgotten.

I don't want Pidge to be ruined by Hunk

do you think its because the mice were absent this season? i hope there ok...

>Wondercon will be the next panel!

Where'd you read that at?

I had a lot more squares filled.

I'm making a huge assumption with that one. They always go to Wondercon. The first VLD panel was held there.

True, but it's only a couple of weeks away. But maybe they'll show up.

What's interesting is the season six premiere is before SDCC this year. And usually they use cons to promote the new seasons. I wonder if it'll be Wondercon this year, or something else.

>Allura runs to school with toast in her mouth because she is late
>Allura: “I need to hurry or Lance will be worried!”
>Bumps into Lotor
>Allura: “I-I’m sorry!”
>Lotor: “Watch where you’re going, idiot”
>Lotor walks away and Allura is stunned
>Allura: “That jerk! Who does he think he is?!”

I want the mice to fight Kova in their tiny Voltron.

>writefriends returning
>drawfriends getting inspired
>multiple aspects of season 5 ascending to pure kino
>shorter hiatus
Did mice user's sacrifice make this all possible? We may never know.

>Allura has to get papers from the classroom after school
>Lotor is majestically sitting in the window
>A single tear falls down his face
>Allura: *KYUUUUUUN*

It turns out Lotor is the heir to an insanely rich family but he has severe daddy issues.

How do Hunk, Shiro, Keith, and Pidge fit into this?

Hunk - Lance’s best friend
Pidge - Tsundere for Lance
Shiro - Some teacher and Keith’s mentor
Keith - Mysterious transfer student and loner

Shiro is their teacher. Pidge and Hunk are Lance's unpopular friends who comment sarcastically on everything but come through when it matters. Keith is a weird loner kid who's obsessed with Shiro-sensei.

>Pidge - Tsundere for Lance
Oh wow, what kind of pancefag am I not thinking of that?

>Get my siblings into Voltron
>One of my sisters in middle school introduces Voltron to her friend
>Her friend gets four episodes in and already ships Klance to the point where she drew Klance fanart and gave it to my sister (who doesn’t ship it)
What IS it about this ship that just pulls people in like that?

I just introduced my friend to Voltron two days ago. I need to check in with her to make sure she hasn't hopped on the Klance bandwagon.

Why are the mice in this show? To sell plushies?

I'm so sorry for your sister's loss.

It was actually pretty well drawn for a middle schooler. My sister’s friends draw art for each other all the time, though my sister told me she had to pretend to be excited when she got that Klance drawing, kek

She might have gotten on the internet and gotten sucked in. Or she's just into that kind of pairing already and gravitates toward it. That's common.

So an user jokingly posted this in the last thread:
>her secret Altean brother, Lance.

Lance won't be related to Allura, but after the new bayard upgrade I'm surprised that any Altean Lance speculation isn't being brought up at all. The fact that Lance is now able to wield Alfor's ancient bayard sword is pretty fucking eyebrow-raising. And they put a lot of specific emphasis on it being Altean too, with Allura being the one to bring it up and go into further detail about it.

Maybe I'm just a fucking idiot, but now I’m unironically suspecting that this could be genuine foreshadowing and an early narrative setup for a potential Altean Lance plot arc down the line. The show already has a thing with race-specific blades indicating alien heritage, like Keith's Blade of Marmora sword and all. And it's weird that Lance didn't even acknowledge his father while he was naming off his family members during that earth messages segment. Maybe the tanned bearded man that we saw from Lance's visualized memories of his family from season 1 isn't his real father after all? Could be his uncle, or even his stepdad. I mean he did mention that he had two brothers - but I think one of the brothers from that family image was white, so that raises some half-sibling questions for him.

And seeing how much narrative buildup Lance is getting getting now, I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be halfbreed who has bloodline connections to some long-lost Altean noble lineage at this point. If this truly ends up being the case, then it might explain why he was able to talk to Shiro through the astral void, and that his heritage might be tied that fabled Altean planet that was brought up in episode 6, too.

I hope next season has less of Lotor being a suave manipulator and more of him being CUTE!

Hah, he's not acting, he totally thought they were gonna eat it. I wanna see how thin his "keikaku doori" facade is.

The bigger question is why is a middle schooler associating lance and Keith's behavior as gay, and so quickly.
That's not normal. I mean, you gotta go in LOOKING for gay ships to find them that quickly, that young in voltron.

I remember Mice user mentioning they were running low on mice pics and needing to use fanart.

Pidge is always at her computer and is a huge otaku.

Romelle is a teacher and a Christmas cake who lives with her younger brother Bandor and is always being pressured by her brother Avok to get married. She is always stressed out and angry.

Coran is Allura’s weird family friend and his stuffy son Garrett use to baby sit her.

Keith shows troubling behavior and Shiro becomes his mentor to keep an eye on him. Keith becomes obsessed with Shiro.

Allura dates Lotor but he keeps showing his feelings for her in messed up ways. Sometimes he slaps her or says no one will ever love her except for him. He’s the bastard boyfriend archetype.

Acxa is the popular girl with a crush on Lotor and thus resents Allura.

That's the thing. There are things he does when people aren't even looking at him that made me laugh or hint at more than keikaku. I hestitate to read too much into that, though, because the writers aren't that trustworthy.

It's two skinny twinks who are on the same team and have some kind of color contrast. Fujoplebs fucking eat that shit up.

You forgot the key element: They have an antagonistic relationship

I told him to use DotU mice.

I only just noticed that he got Acxa back for shooting him when he attacked her (but didn't kill her) at the trade off.

This is so perfect. I love it.
I suppose Lance is the dogged nice guy who can’t take a hint then?

I told him he can use my webms if he wants.

Noctis/Prompto and Yu/Yosuke are the best friends and they do the same shit

>and his stuffy son Garrett use to baby sit her.
Tell me more about Garrett's role.

Yes, he’s the next door neighbor and has had a crush on her for ages. She’lll never return those feelings though.

I’m guessing it’s due to something like this , or maybe they were a fujo to begin with

Fuck, I love Christmas cake ones-san Romelle-sensei already.

Hunk has a girlfriend from another school and they trade sickeningly cute texts all the time.

Fujos start pretty young, I didn't get into it until way later but I remember already being acquainted with fujo culture in middle school. Went on sites like Quizilla finding quizzes about yaoi ships also was introduced to hentai via some of the saucier quizzes

Because they're written to be foils for each other and a number of their scenes, similarities, issues and contrasting characteristics are indeed romantically coded, even though the /vld/ general is still in complete denial about it.

whether it ends up being canon or just ends up being fujobait is still a touch and debatable subject though. But it's probably the latter.

You're aware that out of those three pairs only Yu/Yosuke has any credibility right? Yosuke had some romantic lines in the unused voice files.

He and his father are completely different but they love each other dearly. Ever since Lida died they’re all they have left. In some ways Garrett is trying to emulate Lida’s maturity to keep the household functioning and Coran is a sad clown who puts on a happy facade and cracks jokes to hide his pain.

T-thanks for the input, I guess.

>Allura dates Lotor but he keeps showing his feelings for her in messed up ways. Sometimes he slaps her or says no one will ever love her except for him. He’s the bastard boyfriend archetype.

SHOUJO AS FUCK

>the surprised yelp he lets out when fighting the white lion
its the little things

He's Warren from Life is Strange

Such a sweet yet sad loving family.
What about Bandor, Avok, and Merla. And Nanny

Lance is cuban (and likely catholic), they're pretty big on the matriarchy of the family, less so the dad.
Also, i do suspect, given how kieth is apparently half galra, with no distinctive looks, that lance could be half altean. Lotors cheek marks only glowed because he was the alchemist tribe (which we can now say with reasonable certainty, are the dark skinned alteans). If lance came from one of korans ilk, his cheek marks likely wouldn't show either.

A lot of it depends on how the five man band will be.
The lancer, i.e. rival/right hand man is always either a mirror to, or compliment to the hero.
Is keith the hero? Then lance being half altean makes sense. This is how it seemed for a few seasons, but 4 and 5 really shifted towards allura being the hero, with shiro being her equal-opposite, and lance being the heart of the group.
Now with lotor and matt in the mix, and kieth returning, i think we're going to get a voltron 5, and a lotor 5 (kieth rejoins as the black lion, and shiro joins lotor and his crew)
In that scenario, i just don't see a secret altean heritage as being meaningful.

>a young girl is excited by sexy dances performed by female mice

Before looking at the fandom I thought for sure Sheith was the fujo favorite. I guess fan reactions are always unpredictable.

>Female
user, I...

user...

source your quotes

Watching with my wife, who is deeply rooted in social media, is hilarious.
She'll watch some eps, and be like "this is why they ship kieth and lance? Have they never been around two boys at the same time?"
Or lately, at the "how i met your mother" line, she's like "oh they're just beating you over the head now"
And then, of course, the moment allura and lotor touch "oh no, i think i ship it"
To be fair, she's got a fairly high (65%) success rate and shipping.
I'm closer to 95, so I'm curious to see which one of us is right.

Finally caught th new season Keith's mom is hot. I knew they would go the Lotor/Allura route. It be a set up for a love triangle for sure. Also Shiro was put on the back burner pretty hard.

Avok is Romelle’s jerkass older brother who criticises all her life choices. Bandor is Romelle’s lazy younger brother who won’t get a real job and keeps leeching off of her.

Merla is Lotor’s betrothed because they both come from rich families which practise arranged marriage. She’s an ojou-sama and seems snooty but can be quite nice. She makes fun of Lotor a lot.

Nanny is uh, a nanny?

Watching this always makes me feel so dirty.

>both producers say outright it's not going to be canon and they aren't trying to queerbait
>"it's either going to be canon or queerbaiting!!!!"
The absolute state of klancefags.

That's cause next season is gonna be super shiro heavy for an ep or two
Sendak pretty much confirms we're getting the final backstory for him.
Kieths plotline is almost done. He just has to come back to the black lion.
I'm betting hunk gets a spotlight ep too.
But now it's the allotor show

>I'm closer to 95, so I'm curious to see which one of us is right.
Alright Mr. 95%, who do you think is endgame?

Would you, /vld/?

She's Lotor's betrothed but Lotor has Allura as his girlfriend who he slaps around? I buy it.

The creators even admit to being wtf at how it became a thing user, it's not fujobait. Sheith is probably intentional fujobait going by the fact that the staff attend parties for it and Kihyun Ryu draws gay shit for it.

i aint no fuckn furry

>i just don't see a secret altean heritage as being meaningful.

I agree. I can't see a secret Altean heritage bringing anything meaningful to the plot at this point in time either, but with the way everything's going right now, who knows. I mean, they just outright killed off Zarkon in this season, and with very little character follow-up. In episode two nonetheless. Let's admit it: nobody was expecting that shit.

The fact that they put so much emphasis on it being Altean-related is pretty fucking weird though. It's like they really wanted that detail to stand out.

>source your quotes

The fucking show? Did you even watch the new season?

5 Seasons!?

You're telling me this show has run for 5 years!?

5 years have past since this show first aired?!

Shiro got solid progression on whatever the hell is going on with him, like hell he was back burnered.

Yes this is a shoujo manga

Oh then that's typical. Carry on.

Nope, it'll be two years in June. And this fandom, in those two years, has made me feel like Sendak looks.

Allura’s parents are always busy with work so Nanny is Allura’s housekeeper.

Reasonable pairing theories
Kieth/axza (or whatever her name is)
Allura/lotor

Crack pairings (i have no real evidence, just vibes and intuition)
Pance

Time will tell
The wife is team punk, and i don't think she wants to pair kieth with anyone
I think she might hate him

Altean Lance is directly debunked by the show itself, dum-dum Why is it always the most autistic theorists that also miss the most obvious things?

I still think there's more about Keith. Like why does that Lotor waifu chick keep saving him? Also maybe Shiro will die because of the whole mind influence thing Haggar is doing. Like he finds out he was never the real Shiro and was always a puppet. That would be sad.

>Kieth/axza (or whatever her name is)
Hate to break it to you, but Acxa clearly loves Lotor and Keith and her would never get together. He's more likely to bang Sam Holt tha Acxa.

Strangely handsome?

They made his face oddly detailed in this shot. Looks like an 80s OVA here.
I was never attracted to him in season 1 but he's pretty handsome now.

stop, you're killing me

When will Hunk get his time to shine?
Some interaction between Hunk and Shiro would be nice too.

But Lotor is inevitably going to callously ignore her and she and Keith have some kind of weird mutual respect thing going on. Not say I think it's going to happen but it's far from the dumbest speculation.

>Like why does that Lotor waifu chick keep saving him?
Warrior's honor. They're not siblings ffs.

I like how they made him more OG sendak
Also, sendak is the name of the author of where the wild things are

Yes. With crusty lips.
Yeah, they did it a few times throughout the show with Zarkon and Shiro. I love it, and wish the whole show could look more like that, but I understand why it doesn't.

That fucking mullet is majestic though.

I asked for your endgame expectations.