/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

It's magick Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E14/15/16: "A Fool's Hope/Family Reunion and Farewell" (Mon 5)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Tue 6)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Tue 6)
Star Wars #44 (Wed 7)
Star Wars Adventures #7 (Wed 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Wolves and a Door & A World Between Worlds
youtube.com/watch?v=_XGJd_g1zDA

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nSboHneYRMY
youtu.be/aWoeAXDIv7k
youtu.be/3Q35l3Vxca4
youtu.be/4xW6woTAof0
youtu.be/TizzCmFZmas
youtu.be/XkAPmPDb_Ss
youtu.be/Y7QCWZC1Pfk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rebels end! show that Dave has No idea how to deal with Ezra's character
and he just Hight up his favourit character Sabine and Ahsoka!
Sabine need to returne Home and fight with her Family!

Reposting Rebels spoilers

-Kanan and Hera had a daughter and the show makes a time jump til after the OT to show her grown.

-Kallis and Zeb apparently survive and become good friends.

-Ezra survives the temptations of the emperor in his "cool grampa PT form" before being rescued by a purgill (space whale) and going to some unknown place.

-Ahsoka and Sabine go looking for him.

No info on Thrawn, Lothal, Rukh or much else.

>Star Wars Rebels 2.0

>airing right after Star Wars Rebels

>with no one to fight except Empire 0.5

BRAVO DISNEY

Were you really expecting anything original from Disney's Star Wars at this point?

No, but seriously, I was really hoping I'd get back into Star Wars and for a short time it was actually nice. Now I'm more turned off with nearly every new comic, movie and TV show.

This triggers the Sabinefags

Is she hot or is she ROSE?

Ezra went away to escape the sequel trilogy?

we need a fanfiction!

Dickgirl Seventh Sister making both Ezra and Sabine her fucktoys when?

Sith have cool sith magic, jedi dont' have cool sith magic. sith > jedi

>Dickgirl Ahsoka making both Ezra and Sabine her fucktoys when?
G
ftfy

The force isn't magic

No it isn't

the Thrawn "aaaaart" meme is so cringeworthy. The entire schtick is what a pleb imagines sophistication to be.

>The entire schtick is what a pleb imagines sophistication to be.

That is SW in a nutshell

I haven't watched much of Rebels, but I think Ezra and Sabine make a cute couple. Will they end up together?

Ezra is for Ahsoka

Anti Monitor is Sheev , Clovis or a literal who ?

How come Hera never gets flak for being damn near perfect at everything, when Sabine does? Only "flaw" Hera ever showcased was putting the rebellion before Kanan and that's not really a flaw to begin with, since she's key to saving the galaxy.

She let her Family Behind to fight and Now she run after Ezra!
Returne home with a Baby but not a father not a good idea!

Hera is shit commander that gets tons of her men killed

>Facts
Trevorrow was originally hired to direct Episode IX. Some time during TLJ production Trevorrow parts ways with the project citing creative differences.

Rian Johnson said on twitter that there wasn't a plan for the ST (pic related)

After Carrie Fisher died, Kathleen Kennedy said that there was a plan for each of the trilogy to be a film for "the big three" starting with TFA being Han's film, TLJ being Luke's film and Episode IX being Leia's film. But that they now had to scrap that and re-think their plan. Rian Johnson later admits that this was the plan

>This is from an interview with some French magazine.
According to Daisy Ridley, JJ Abrams had a plan for both Episodes VIII & IX ready for Rian Johnson & Colin Trevorrow and that they were expected to use these to adapt their own films. Ridley then says that nothing from JJ's episode VIII plan was used by Rian.

Rian wrote TLJ just prior to TFA going into shooting.

According to Mark Hamill, TFA's cliffhanger ending was changed late in development to not include JJ's originally planned floating rocks surrounding Luke Skywalker. Hamill was surprised that this was removed and called JJ. JJ said that this was removed at the request of either Disney or Kennedy.

Also according to Mark Hamill, prior to Trevorrow leaving the project, Hamill agreed with direction Trevorrow wanted to take Luke Skywalker.

Mark Hamill has said multiple times that he fundamentally disagreed with what Rian Johnson wanted to do (and did) with Luke Skywalker.

>Those are what can be substantiated. The following is the "rumour"
Allegedly Trevorrow did not leave Episode IX by choice but was instead fired because he had a falling out with Rian Johnson over the fate of Luke Skywalker. It seems Trevorrow wanted Luke to survive TLJ and have Leia be the one to die. Kennedy sided with Rian and Trevorrow was fired

Cont.

This is primarily based on Mark Hamill's many statements on the handling of Luke Skywalker. Supposedly JJ Abrams had a plan to make Luke Skywalker "incredibly powerful" as hinted by being surrounded by several floating rocks across the island. This would be in line with JJ's treatment of characters - Rey is natural, Poe is the best pilot of the Resistence, Finn is in his own words "A good Shot," Kylo was incredibly gifted. People have also drawn comparisons to Star Trek 2009 where Uhura is now the best communications cadet and has knowledge of obscure and difficult languages, Scotty is the inventor of the transwarp equation, Chekov can do on the fly transport calculations ect. Point is: JJ's characters are usually the best or very, very good at something.

So apparently executive meddling has this changed and Rian does away with JJ's plan and writes his own vision (which apparently is also the first draft) where Luke Skywalker is now... well y'know. Trevorrow apparently would have also had a different vision for Luke, which may or may not have aligned with JJ's plan for Skywalker.

JJ finishes TFA and is off the project. Trevorrow would become aware of Rian's draft for TLJ and would object, wanting Luke Skywalker to survive and be dealt with in Episode IX and for Leia to be the one to die in TLJ. Apparently they would have a falling out over this, Kathleen Kennedy would get involved and would side with Rian Johnson. She would then either fire Trevorrow over the difference in vision or he would leave the project himself.

Look this rumour is a long one to explain so there's going to be a part three. Give me a few minutes

Is this a pasta now? It's somewhat informative, but the exact same thing has been posted on /tg/.

Go back crossboarder

>Mark Hamill's part in all of this is the clearest since Hamill has been so vocal. So unlike the last post which is conjecture, most of this is fact according to Hamill.

Mark Hamill would have been signed on either without knowing JJ's outline for the Trilogy or with that knowledge but without knowing about Rian's plans. He would tell JJ his head-canon for Luke Skywalker's history and give suggestions for why Luke is missing and ask that he should appear during the third act, either witnessing Han's death or appearing in the forest, being the one to catch the blue lightsaber instead of Rey, as a homage to the scene in Empire Strikes Back where it is revealed he can call to his lightsaber in the Wampa cave. Justified by having heard Leia's calls to him and returning at the eleventh hour. In Hamill's own words:
>JJ basically patted me on the head, said "That's nice" and gave me a cookie and sent me on my way
Abrams instead decided to go with his planed mystery box ending; including the levitating rocks all around Skywalker. Hamill is under the impression that this is to be Skywalker's depiction.

However while TFA is in editing Hamill receives a copy of the script (First Draft?) to TLJ
>"When I read [The Last Jedi] before [The Force Awakens] came out, I said 'what?!" and called JJ [Abrams] or Rian [Johnson] to say, 'Are you guys aware of this? Have you seen a cut? Is there floating boulders?' And they said, 'No, we caught that and we worked it all out.'"
Hamill fundamentally disagrees with Rian's depiction of Luke and... well there's far too many videos of Hamill saying how much he doesn't like the new Luke.

[cont.]

>It seems Trevorrow wanted Luke to survive TLJ and have Leia be the one to die. Kennedy sided with Rian and Trevorrow was fired

>Alright Rian, what are your plans for Luke
>He's gonna drink titty milk, make jokes and and be knocked down by goddess Rey and did I mention he wanted to murder his nephew? And and then he dies because he got tired hahahahaha
>Uh no, we should have Kylo kill Leia and...
>And then she flies like Superman back because THE FORCE IS FEMALE biiiiiih
>Rian stop
>AHH SAVE ME MEIN FUHRER KENNEDY HE WAS MEAN TO ME

RULE NUMBER 95, KID! CONCENTRATE!

Interesting, though I always assumed Trevorrow was fired because Book of Henry was a critical and box office bomb. On another note, if it's true that JJ had an outline, and Johnson didn't want to play ball, I wonder why Kennedy would have sided with him. Maybe it would have been more costly to cut Johnson, as his movie was further up in the production timeline and that paired with Book of Henry being shit made getting rid of Trevorrow seem like the lesser of two evils. Still doesn't explain why Kennedy would award Johnson with his own trilogy, unless it was never supposed to happen and just a marketing ploy to show confidence in TLJ. Again, if this is true, I'd love to hear JJ's true opinion on what Johnson did. Maybe something like "Gee thanks for shitting up my original concept and now leaving me the shambles to make sense of it all. Further thanks for not leaving me anything to do in the 3rd movie, after killing what was supposed to be the main bad guy. But hey, at least you got to make your standalone non-trilogy movie."

>You didn't protect his smile
>Every time you argue that TLJ and Luke's character was done right, remember this smile

It's that same autist that claimed to be a milk and ski-speeder expert. He's a JJ apologist.

And you are a Rian apologist lets be butt buddies

Shouldn't you be scraping up shit right now? You know, since you claimed to be a farmer and all?

Sometime during all of this, likely mid-TFA Hamill meets Treverrow and approves of his plan
>"The changes in the directors have been hard for me because I admire Phil so much. I admire Chris so much. I admire Colin, and their body of work. But again, it's got to be real difficult to come to a meeting of minds on something this massive. I had discussions with Colin. I was very excited because we were on the same page in terms of where we wanted to go and how we wanted to see Luke in a way that we never seen him. Even in this current version. But I don't know what went on. I don't want to know because there is no upside to that story. I like all those people. I like Kathy, and I like Lawrence Kasdan and all the people involved in that decision, but sometimes ignorance is bliss. And they don't tell me anything [laughs]."

Obviously, if Mark Hamill is not on board with what Rian Johnson was doing in Star Wars: The Last Jedi with Luke, but did like what Colin Trevorrow - who was removed - was going to do with Luke in Star Wars: Episode IX, we can guess that Luke was going to survive The Last Jedi prior to Rian Johnson.

And that's about it. Mark Hamill is the lynchpin to the entire rumour, it was a thing from last month before Daisy Ridley involved herself. So Johnson & Treverrow weren't on the same page and KK fires Treverrow. Montages of Hamill looking soul crushed are made to increasingly depressing cover songs. The end.

Again, I must point out, much of this rumour is conjecture. We also don't know what Treverrow's plan for Skywalker was, just that Hamill liked it, that Hamill doesn't like TLJ Luke and that there are several videos of Hamill explaining why he doesn't agree with TLJ Luke.

Shouldn't you be sucking Rian's dick right now? You know, since you are known to be a shill and all?

that comic was absolutely fantastic...luke's childhood, flying his t-16 around, generally quiet life. just magical.

How am I a shill for calling you out on your bullshit copypasta? You don't even have a source for everything you just posted, you autist. Yet there are many sources that contradict your statement.
Really makes you think.

Prove me wrong than Rianfag I'll wait

not really. 1-6 is deeper than laser swords and wizards and dogfights and splosions. Some of it is quite shallow and some is quite inspired. That's George.

I won't even address the sequels because they are so transparently a product.

Thrawn's art thing is just wank. I can't even explain it i'm falling asleep. The way fanboys eat it up says it all.

Personally I like the idea that there are other 'powers' in the Star Wars universe beyond the Force.

>Mark Hamill has said multiple times that he fundamentally disagreed with what Rian Johnson wanted to do (and did) with Luke Skywalker.
He's also said that that was just in the beginning and thst he came to like Rians Luke

Source?

Yeah and my middle name is Springfield

I myself and other people have already proved you wrong before and you never replied back. I'm not going to waste my time looking through news articles and reports from the past five years again only for you to ignore those posts and continue spamming your shitty crossboarding copypasta when people are asleep.
There's already countless sources that Hamill already disagreed with Luke's character long before TFA was released, the sequel trilogy had no plan, Hamill also speaking out that the trilogy took a different approach than the OT and that each director made up the story as it went along, the only scene that Rian requested to change in the TFA ending was to swap BB-8 for R2, Treverrow leaving because he had trouble coming up with a satisfying conclusion for the trilogy, Rian having at least half a dozen drafts written in separate books which are on instagram, one of the first drafts was supposed to have Poe go to Canto instead of Rose etc.
Maybe try watching interviews and getting your sources right before posting.

Not the same guy but I think he's talking about this.

youtu.be/nSboHneYRMY

Pretty sure he still disagrees with Luke's character but understands that it's for the audience.

But the audience didn't like Luke's nu character either.

I meant normies and casuals. Real fans didn't want Luke to end up failing at all.

>Maybe try watching interviews and getting your sources right before posting.
Ironic considering that wall of lies.

Literally every interview he says this, it just gets edited down to mean the opposite of what was intended. Watch whole interviews instead of out of context sound bites.

How is it ironic? I don't see you proving me wrong other than screaming lies and bait.

All's he says is that Luke's arc works for the movie Rian was trying to make. Not that he likes that Luke or that if had the choice he would pick that Luke over a more conventional version.

Not an argument.

I don't see you proving his stuff wrong. I see you pretending videos of Rian saying there was only one draft don't exist for some reason. I see you lying your ass off without a single shred of proof. Yet we've all seen the videos of them admitting to fucking up

>Shill copypasta
Nice. Real low effort.

Fucking classic
I'mma leave these here...
youtu.be/aWoeAXDIv7k [Open]
youtu.be/3Q35l3Vxca4 [Open]
youtu.be/4xW6woTAof0 [Open]
youtu.be/TizzCmFZmas [Open]
youtu.be/XkAPmPDb_Ss [Open]
That's just a taste of videos proving your lies wrong

Oh but I'm sure you can back up your bullshit right?

>Posts edited out of context sound bites

What did he meme by this?

>I don't see you proving his stuff wrong.
I did many times before, but you choose to ignore them and pass it off as bait.
>I see you pretending videos of Rian saying there was only one draft don't exist for some reason.
Then post it, you idiot. And not the one that's on Jar Jar Abram's channel. Also
youtu.be/Y7QCWZC1Pfk
>I see you lying your ass off without a single shred of proof.
I did before many times.
>Yet we've all seen the videos of them admitting to fucking up
Who is "them", user?

>I myself and other people have already proved you wrong
What? You proved wrong a rumour that I was asked to summarise? Were these multiple posts deleted from this thread or something?
>and I'm not going to waste my time looking through news articles and reports from the past five years again only for you to ignore those posts and continue spamming your shitty copypasta when people are asleep.
Fucking WHAT? I literally just typed all that out now because I was asked for a quick rundown. Search for my posts in the archives and you won't find a single duplicate. What are you on about?
>There's already countless sources that Hamill already disagreed with Luke's character long before TFA was released, the sequel trilogy had no plan, Hamill also speaking out that the trilogy took a different approach than the OT and that each director made up the story as it went along, the only scene that Rian requested to change in the TFA ending was to swap BB-8 for R2, Treverrow leaving because he had trouble coming up with a satisfying conclusion for the trilogy, Rian having at least half a dozen drafts written in separate books which are on instagram, one of the first drafts was supposed to have Poe go to Canto instead of Rose etc.
Alright you're fucking high or something because half of that isn't true and most of it doesn't have anything to do with my posts so... again; what are you on about?
Who the fuck do you think you're taking to? You are sperging over shit with nothing to do with my posts. Take you fucking meds son.

>Rian Johnson only had ONE draft of TLJ
>posts a video interview of Rian Johnson that contradicts that statement
LMAO, did you even watch the videos you just linked?

>I did many times before, but you choose to ignore them and pass it off as bait.
You haven't made ANY posts. Link to ONE

>Were these multiple posts deleted from this thread or something?
In the previous threads, dumbass. Don't even try to pretend to be stupid to get out of it. It's in the archive and everyone else has seen you chicken out before.
>I literally just typed all that out now because I was asked for a quick rundown.
That's odd considering that this copypasta has seen here more than a couple of times and another user just said that he seen it on another board.
>Alright you're fucking high or something because half of that isn't true and most of it doesn't have anything to do with my posts so... again; what are you on about?
Stop pretending to be retarded. Those are all true, even try googling those sentences out and you'll get results. They also refute your points so they do have something to do with them.
>You are sperging over shit with nothing to do with my posts.
Again, stop pretending to be retarded.

>what is the archive

Given the shitshow of the OT's productions and the candidness of the PT's behind-the-scenes features, do you think we'll ever get insight into the nature of the ST's productions that aren't studio approved PR?

Anyone got "The Art of The Force Awakens"?

Did you? The first thing said is that Rian's script was the first draft. Rian then agrees with that and says he wrote it just before TFA went into shooting.

Fucking shills I swear to god. You really think we won't watch the videos posted? It's the first fucking thing said in the video

>Literally the first line
Okay then

>I did many times before
When? Prove it. I'm in this general every day and I've never seen this bullshit
> you choose to ignore them and pass it off as bait.
Prove me wrong then. Show they exist
>Then post it
I did many times before
>And not the one that's on Jar Jar Abram's channel
Problem?
>I see you lying your ass off without a single shred of proof.
>I did before many times.
And you're doing it again right now. Can you NOT lie your ass off without a single shred of proof please?
>Who is "them", user?
Rian mostly. Plenty of videos of him. First draft one you can't handle included. But it also applies to Kennedy's statements too

See

Some faggot is currently false flagging or arguing with himself here and on /tg/, posting the exact same things.

>When? Prove it.
See arachive.
>I'm in this general every day and I've never seen this bullshit
Ahh, the pretending I didn't see it excuse. I'm guessing you're going to say next that it wasn't you that claimed to be an expert on milk.
>Prove me wrong then. Show they exist
See for an example
>Problem?
Yes, posting small clips from an entire interview that are meant to be taking out of context doesn't count as evidence.
>Can you NOT lie your ass off without a single shred of proof please?
See archive.
>Rian mostly.
Then post them.
>First draft one you can't handle included.
I literally posted a video link proving that to be false and also mentioning that an instagram pic backing this up.

Wrong, after Revan finds out from Mandalore that the Sith Empire is out there, they go searching for it and eventually make their way to Dromund Kaas, the Sith homeworld. They gather intelligence and eventually try to confront the emperor, and they get blown the fuck out and end up getting mind raped and turned into the emperor's puppets. They go back to the republic to conquer it on the emperor's behalf, but Revan and Malak shake off the emperor's control and try to take over the republic for themselves, leading to Kotor 1.

Goddammit! How am I supposed to post my shitpost meme on Monday now when everyone knows basically how the finale is going to go?

The flak she gets is the death of all her fiends.

Oh that's sad. It looks like Colin (I'm not going to attempt that surname) really wanted to fanboy out and give Luke a real send-off. Although it's fucking grim Disney were that transparent about killing Han, Luke & Leia off each film. I just figured Harrison Ford just wanted out and that Luke & Leia weren't slated to die from the beginning

>shills
Amirite?

>luke
>han
>leia

Whites. Blech.

>aren't studio approved PR
Probably not. Pretty much all BTS stuff in the studio film industry nowadays is over produced.

Anyone know if the mega has the Original Trilogy costumes book in it? And if so where?

I can't seem to find it.

Back to farming, milkboy.

No. Fundamentally George is honest and disney-nu-lucasfilm is not. Rogue One extras are a farce.

Coruscant was going to be in TFA?

No, unfortunately. Disney didn't want any connections to the EU or PT in their films.

Some of the art from the "Art of the Force Awakens" is awesome, though.

Post yfw she appears in the Ahsoka and Sabine show

Yea sure. And not because House of Mouse told him to tone it down because it might effect the films reception. Which was shit anyway but still.

>3 difference bullshit narritives in one sentence

>Hamil hated the film
>was told he wouldn't get what he wanted if he wasn't a team player
>now has a star on the walk of fame and a chance to be Luke again thanks to JJ Time Travel ala Star Trek

But can someone answer this?

So, why every planet in RO was named except Mustafar? Seriously, what's up with this?

>So, why every planet in RO was named except Mustafar? Seriously, what's up with this?
PREQUEL TRASH, NOT AUTHENTIC OT!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Coruscant in the flashback wasn't named either

Reyfu!!!!!! Post more of reyfu!!! I love reylo and star wars. Butthe prequels sucks!

Probably because it was in the previous movie, Revenge of the Sith, while the rest of the planets weren't?

What interview was this?

Plese post more Reyfu brotha! I'm back!

Freak off to your containment thread in tv.

Noevr! Frenchie for liefe!