How is this acceptable?

How is this acceptable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jif_6hXT7kU
desuarchive.org/co/search/image/8Uq3gP_CB5vqitJWYjKFfw/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>people can't have styles
>waaa waaa why can't fictional drawings be my waifu?!!! :'(

But if that style is ugly and bad, then what? Should people not have a right to complain that it's too ugly to look at, and far too ugly for a licensed comic where you'd expect certain standards of artwork to justify the price tag?

straw of man

Does Marvel pay you to patrol this board?

Sup Forumsocksuckers are first and foremost contrarian retards. You should know this.

Should people not be allowed to draw ugly characters if they want to?

How are you STILL on this shit?

Please, post that wedding commission by official marvel artist.

>I only like this 2D character if she meets my fuckable standards
>I will question an artist's professionalism if their style does not make me horny

the absolute state of Sup Forums

>How is this acceptable?
You're right, these threads should be a bannable offense at this point.

>it’s not a flaw, it’s intentional
This is why I can’t wait until america gets nuked

It explains why the Eltingville Club HC didn't sell well. There wasn't enough things for Sup Forums to jerk off over.

Cause it sells to kids who don't know any better.

Worse than the style is that she doesn't know how to make comics.

Not him, but Squirrel Girl isn't supposed to be ugly, as can be seen by how pretty much every other artist at Marvel still draws her

Don't worry baby, this new reboot is purging all this shit.

He raises a good point
Marvel didn't have to publish it, they could have gone with any number of artists or told the artist to draw it better, but they didn't and the artist chose to draw like that
Tell Marvel what you DO like by buying their comics, which I'm sure you do
The existence of shitty comics isn't the absence of good comics that could have taken their place. One person doing a crap job with one IP doesn't meant that good jobs with that same IP cannot also exist. If you honestly wanted a good Squirrel Girl comic, you could commission one

To answer OP's question
It's acceptable because people can like things you don't like. That being said, nobody is forcing you to accept it or buy that comic.
If you wanted, you could ask an artist that you DO like to draw a comic that you DO like

I'd agree if she wasn't so shit at everything else involved in making comics. Ugly style is just the tip of the iceberg.

youtube.com/watch?v=jif_6hXT7kU

She's supposed to be homely. Plain. You can't take artists that can only draw pretty women and hold them as the example when they're the ones that are wrong.

How is shitposting the same image over and over since the first issue of this shitcomic came out in 2015 acceptable?
desuarchive.org/co/search/image/8Uq3gP_CB5vqitJWYjKFfw/

It's made by a team of hacks, this has been known on Sup Forums since its conception. You fucks are still getting mad over random panels from the first three issues at best, if you're going to shit on this mediocre comic as this at least try to freshen things up a bit.

ugly people are ugly and unattractive because they are ugly. we as humans are intrinsically driven to dislike ugly and unattractive because such things are undesirable for breeding much like in the same way males are attracted to wide hips. and comics are a visual medium and marketing is driven by feeding on our subconscious desires and insecurity so it makes zero fucking sense to make your lead female character ugly as shit.

Can't read your writing which is a shame bc looks like good points

>Why isn't everything drawn in a cutesy anime style?
Stop crying already

That's Man-Thing, not Cthulu.

the art on the right isn’t better they just made her hotter

Easy the artist hired by Marvel only got the job because she has the same toxic ideological views as the majority of the staff. That and the is of the mindset that for a woman to be beautiful in any way mean that she's being oppressed by men.

Making things hotter is better in my book.

It's an unappealing style that's done quickly without a strong understanding of the flow of comics as a visual medium thus is not up to industry standard -- even for a cute littlte quirky comic, it's not good. Not only is the art style ugly, but it looks unfinished (and often seems to be). And yes; we know the art style she chooses to draw the characters with is intentional, but that doesn't make it right to completely disobey the common guideline of how the character looks in everything else (unless this was not canon). The art style is an unpleasing one mixed with an even more unpleasing take of the character with an embarrassingly unfunny writer, cheap webcomic-tier art, and should offend anyone who picks this up for treating them as a dumb consumer.

This isn't even good enough to compare to a value-brand Harley Quinn -- it's just too awful.

>"Hah Cthulhu get it nerds?"
Nigga, that's Man-Thing.

Same with Korra threads. If you're still crying about shit from 3 years ago, you need to leave

what's that third panel redlining trying to say? that it should look like he's talking out of his armpit?

The writing is honestly worse than the art. North has this obsession with making everyone constantly say stuff all the time, like Ghostbusters 2016. And that faux alt text thing he does at the bottom of every page is so amateur. Am I reading a Big Two comic I bought in a comic shop or am I reading a third-rate hack webcomic?

That his balloon shouldn't be between them. If they are drawn smaller or closer there's plenty of room there to put the balloon.

It still amuses me that Squirrel Girl reformed and befriended a Nazi.

Of course, they kind of swept the fact that he was one under the rug.

Marvel is shit, what else is new?

The art style is hideous and I'm gay, so you know I'm speaking from an unbiased perspective. You can make a plain, homely girl and not make it look like someone threw up on every page.

It's not acceptable.

I'm okay with quirky, but the art is sloppy.

Not if they want their comics to sell.

The person I was responding to was arguing she's supposed to be attractive because some artists draw her that way. Just because Hernderson's art is ugly doesn't mean she thinks she's drawing her ugly since all of her characters look the fucking same. She probably thinks her SG is a thicc beauty.

You don't have to argue with someone that agrees with you, user.

Marvel readers have no standards.

It's because it can be done by a deadline

Tell that to japanese artists, hey, member when Marvel released this shit in japland?

What if your style is shit and nobody likes it though?

i havent read this. It looks like a comedy comic book, not a pin up book, right?

That has nothing to do with meeting a deadline and more to do with that Marvel "artist" having no talent.

No one buys SG but they continue to publish it and relaunch it, meanwhile Sam Nova gets over 40 issues and they kill the title and bury it.

>you can't criticize my shitty art because it's my "style" lol!!!!1

Fuck off.

He's writing this comic book the same way he writes his webcomic. I like Dinosaur Comics, but it does not translate to a naratively driven story AT ALL, and it has become clear that he thinks himself far more clever than he actually is.

Pairing this mismatched writer with a talentless artist does nobody any favors.

I was gonna say maybe they got some sort of contract but then I remembered that the writer is some literally who webcomics guy and the artist is a no note hack, so what's the deal?

More women in Marvel, that may or may not deserve to be there but hired because of diversity.
On top of that the best artists in any field are almost always men.
Then women don't seem to be interested in improving and reaching excellence but just want to reach what they think is good enough, add on top of that desperate men who praise them whether they deserve the praise or not and the women crying foul because there should be more women in ______.
Any time women enter in large numbers into a previously male dominated area, you will inevitably see large drops in quality.
They think the only reason they were not present in large numbers was because they were being "discriminated" against but no, the majority of them simply weren't good enough to compete and never even tried to.
Only till the complaining was loud enough and the standards lowered enough did they start coming in any kind of numbers, but they don't see this, it's only sexism if they are not present, all other reasons are irrelevant.
Yeah, this is sexist as hell but true, no industry has ever gone up in quality once women got in, only standards and skill drop.

>giving a shit about the art on a book about a one note joke character that was never good to begin with

Then why's DC's art so much better? Then why do all the artist I've worked with seem to be able to draw something superior in mere DAYS? Even if I take your word that the art is bad so it can meet a deadline, that's not helping your case -- it means they need a different artist to give them better results. For squirrel girl, they just have someone that isn't talented for comics, and there's nothing wrong with saying that. I won't say she's untalented because, hey, I can't draw for shit and I'd never be that good, but this art is practically half made. It's slop. The simple fact of the matter is that this artist is objectively not up to par. You yourself even admit that it's bad, too, so it can meet the deadline. If you like Squirrel Girl and want good art, then you should be upset. If you don't care about how good the art is, that's fine -- I can't change your mind and I won't. But there are people here who feel like they've been given something that's of poor quality -- and, again, it objectively IS.

I wouldn't mind her "style" if she actually had to time to finish drawing it, too. I wouldn't like it, but I'd be forgiving. Shame, though, because she doesn't seem to get how things in comics flow.

How can it be a comedy book when there are no jokes in it, and none of it is funny?

Neither of them are acceptable.

Oh man, forgive anyone for bitching about the art in a medium almost entirely dependent on it.

>On top of that the best artists in any field are almost always men.

Amanda Conner is chopped liver?

Japs don't have lives.

That's why I said almost, there are a minority of women that can actually hang with the guys, they tend to legitimately like the things they claim to like which is why they get into it by playing by the rules, unlike the ones that come later with a laundry list of things that have to change in order to "fix" the industry.

>not posting art from the run being discussed
>art that was posted is done by a japanese artist

retarded and a marvel shill

>have terrible fundamentals and no idea of what's attractive
>"It's my style!"

This shit has been on the internet longer than you have

>More women in Marvel, that may or may not deserve to be there but hired because of diversity.

They weren't there in 1930, 1950, 1970 or even 1990. Yet now that Disney owns them the company is very abruptly full of women and minorities, given creative and directing roles with the exact same suddenness.

I don't need to tell you how quickly Disney is willing to drop standards, values or scruples just to make a quick buck, nor do I need to tell you how the current mass media clique loves social justice more than their own parents. I also won't imply it's impossible for women or minorities to put out work on par with white/asian/jewish men, but it's incredibly rare they do. It wouldn't be unfair to assume these women and minorities who put out total garbage were hired less for their "abilities" and more because it's good for PR.

>waaa waaa so what if my art is trash I want my participation medal!!!
Post-modernism was a mistake, but that's just like my subjective opinion and beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you can't judge me.

The leftist hates aesthetic beauty especially that of whites and thus seeks to destroy it.

That's what a shill would say

>defending THAT garbage

Most women aren't stupid enough to want to work the long hours and short pay it takes to work in comics now a days. There's far more women self publishing.

Henderson got in because North specifically requested her, which happens a lot. Not just with women. North is a retard. She was probably cheap since it was her first comic.

Henderson has such a quick shitty style she can do multiple books a month, and does. So it's probably worth it to her to keep doing. Kids don't give a shit that it's ugly art with bad story telling they just think it's funny and the trades sell on Scholastic. Marvel doesn't care as long as it's selling.

>Bloobloobloo Muh sales charts
Doesn't take into account the trades sold through other means.

You want the book to stop selling I dunno convince kids to stop buying it. Which I contend is a shitty thing. I would love if the book looked better but I don't want to scare kids away from comics.

Adult males aren't the only comic audience and should never be the only audience.

>Adult males aren't the only comic audience and should never be the only audience
What makes you think that adult males will only read something written by another man, and that women will only read something written by another woman?

It isn't, that's why nobody is reading it.
Hacks make bad art. That's why America is being cancelled, proof that bad writers can't get a pass because "muh marginalized minority".
Squirrel Girls barely selling any copy proves that bad artists can't get a pass because "muh vagoo"

guy on Sup Forums is a failure that never applied himself hence being on Sup Forums. Marvels artist applied for a job and gets paid to do what they do. Sup Forums guy didnt even redo the whole chapter in his style because its too much work which is why he sucks

Be specific asshole.

being a manga artist in japan is nightmarish. the only time off they take is to sleep or eat.

Pssst, it's the same for writing, and basically anything.
It's acceptable because you keep buying it.

That's man thing you fucking casual. You're actually worse than Henderson.

why does everyone she draws look like the cave troll from lord of the rings

What makes you think that's what I meant when the preceding comment I made was about the audience of the comic being children.

This triggers the Sup Forums

Just here to check if someone still trying to defend this abomination. Yep, it's all there.

I don't give a shit if a character is ugly. Ben Grimm is ugly and I like him. I care about the art being ugly. Squirrel girl isn't just an ugly character in these books EVERYTHING is ugly. Henderson couldn't make an attractive character fit into this art style if she tried.
It's one thing to have an ugly character, and a different thing to turn what's supposed to be a fun story into something that's painful to look at.