Why is it that girls cartoons tend to suck? I mean, the ones that don't (Jem, Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse...

Why is it that girls cartoons tend to suck? I mean, the ones that don't (Jem, Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse, Sailor Moon, Mulp) you could count on one hand.

Also were Bratz really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

bratzillaz.wikia.com/wiki/Jade_(Bratz)
noeling.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

my brain cells necrotized upon watching 5 minutes

The feet on bratz dolls are either scultped with their shoes on or pegs that you snap sculpted shoes onto. Yes they're that bad.

They're a semi-standard body size and widely distributed so they're a good choice to cannibalize for outfits for your better, more obscure dolls.

Bratzillas were better, they had more detailed joints and inset eyes and overall had more effort put into their construction. Those are discontinued however, because Monster High knockoffs are several years out of style.

This is a doll thread now

I meant more along the lines of "Do they really deserve the reputation of being slutty?"

Best girl.

Also, Out of the Past is the best Jem episode

>pegs that you snap sculpted shoes onto.
Makes sense financially, then little girls have to buy more shoes for their racially diverse whore dolls, because you can't give the black doll white feet.

If you're counting Sailor Moon, you have to also count a slew of other good mahou shoujo like Cardcaptor Sakura and Princess Tutu.
As for western cartoons, boys' cartoons in the same age range also often suck. The best stuff is aimed at a neutral gender appeal and a slightly older audience, like Avatar and Teen Titans.
PPG is also good.

There are more cartoons for both gender than for girls.

Well the boots and sneakers don't show skin so it's not that big an issue all the time.

But if you compare them to MH/EAH shoes, or even standard Barbie shoes, and they look like absolute donkey shit.

>Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon wasn't written for girls. Marketed, yes. Written, no. That's all it boils down to: The writing.

For whom was it written then?

A general audience. Why do you think the Powerpuff Girls reboot flopped?

Magical Girl anime was always targeted primarily towards girls

I said Sailor Moon specifically.

>that homely lady who scrubs the faces off of Bratz doills so they won't be such scurrilous whores
future serial killer

the manga was written for the shoujo audience. The anime was for the general audience.

OP said cartoon, meaning the anime.

>Also were Thotz really that bad?
Is that a rhetorical question?

>heart eyes
ive been trained well and i immediately figured she was staring at a big juicy cock

Repainting storebought dolls is actually a whole cottage industry. Some collectors want their dolls to look like real kids, others just want better paint than the factory provides. Lots of people find the Bratz octopus lips creepy, so it's not surprising that artists are providing faceups that tone them down.

Jade J'adore is a witch who specializes in 'healing broken hearts.' She is the cousin of Jade, a normal Bratz character, whose page on the Bratzillaz Wiki is currently vandalized and calls her 'Moist n Luscious.' bratzillaz.wikia.com/wiki/Jade_(Bratz)

So that's...that's happening I guess

>'Moist n Luscious'

Are you retarded or are you specifically referring to the anime and not the manga

That is actually a pretty impressive job on the face.

Read before you post

This guy's work goes for thousands of dollars on ebay, he's great: noeling.deviantart.com/gallery/

He does a lot of celebrity dolls that were collectors items to start with. A regular Bratz repainted to look like a regular kid probably still goes for a hundred bucks though.

If we are talking about the toy-based cartoons in particular (and let's be fair it's these that were the most heavily gendered) thenthe potential of the cartoon is kinda inversely relative to the toy's shelf-life.
A lot of the toy-based cartons had clear stories which were great to keep the cartoons going and promote new stuff but making things tied too closely to a storyline also means the brand will have to deal with the end of said storyline and either stop to make way for a new line (in a sense what happened with the Lego Bionicle although there were just comics in that case) OR try to keep going without the support of the narrative (and that's how you end with the weird derivation of the TMNT toys). In that way being tied to a specific story or world is a good initial push but ultimately means that the brand will come to a hard limit at some point.
In a way a lot of girls toys or unisex toys were not concived that way. If you take the exemple of Barbie, she is not going anywhere anytime soon precisely because she is not attached to any specific inside continuity, she is completely adaptable. That's also why when you have a figure like that that floats without any surrounding context, it's hard to build a story arround it.

Monster High and Ever After High were pretty good.
Bratz was always pretty bad, though.

>Bratzillaz Wiki

The before pic kinda looks like Tom Hiddleston

Still mad that the Cerise dolls always have human ears. I would have bought her if she was a accurate to the show

Can't you just take an exacto and lop her ears off?

That's a terrible idea, holy shit

This is not healthy for my high heel fetish.

Don't wanna sound like a feminist here, but it's because "feminine" things are viewed as lesser (by both men and women). And even feminists fall into this trap by saying that feminine things are a construct of the patriarchy.

Before Monster High noone would even think of trying to market monsters to girls, there's this idea that girls can't handle anything too dark, serious or complex.

Series like MLP are the rare exception to the rule, and Hasbro giving a shit about it only came about because it attracted male fans.

>Don't wanna sound like a feminist here, but it's because "feminine" things are viewed as lesser (by both men and women).

You don't have to be afraid of sounding egalitarian in regards to the gender. 'Feminist' as a term seems to mean a specific ideology today and should be considered different from 'wanting equal rights for women'.

But I agree.

So Hiddlestone could use make-up and work as superrman actor?