Patriot or Nationalist?

Patriot or Nationalist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

individualist?

his way or the highway.

This . Self-righteous asshole

Neither because Cap understands both those ideologies are fucking stupid. He’s a good man who wants to do right by others and that’s all that matters.

I'll give you a hint, if you use Sup Forums he doesn't agree with you.

More like Skrull plant. The real Cap was both a patriot and nationalist but he was killed after Civil War.

What kind of brainlet takes pride in being born on a piece of rock?

Beefcake

So leddit and tumblr at the same time.

Have you been on Sup Forums so long you can’t even form a coherent thought without buzzwords? What the fuck are you even saying?

I bet you attend BLM rallies and shit

A jew, then.

literal caveman logic

insecurity rots the mind of the typical poltard. that's why it's imperative that we call out their attempts at astroturfing Sup Forums every single time

Since you posted MCU:

>Openly questioned and eventually rebelled against his government
>Held to his own personal principles and beliefs in self-determination enough that he became an international fugitive
>Went so far as to abandon his title and attachments to his country (Nomad)

He's loyal to nothing general, except the dream.

>american dream
>implying that means anything
You fucktards change the meaning of "american dream" each couple of decades

It means nothing, a meme quote created to piss off Russians so you spam it everywhere

Are you memeing? There's a literal founding document that's basically "These are the ideas this country is founded on"

I’ve been to a BLM rally once. Pretty chill and peaceful. Lot of white people there too.

A document where slavery was legal, fuck off American dream means nothing, each american got their own version of this shit. Everyone got dreams, the expression "american dream" makes no sense

You sure seem mad about other people's aspirations.

>A document where slavery was legal
>Some of the people writing it were hypocrites, therefore the entire idea itself is to be discarded and nobody derives meaning from it

You really need to stop, you're just making yourself look worse.

>Everyone got dreams, the expression "american dream" makes no sense

How can one person be this stupid.

Yeah please stop doing that, that's the only reason they come back.
You're not stopping Sup Forums from invading you're just taking bait.

fuck off faggot "american dream" means nothing, this document is changed each 5 minutes and will probably be changed AGAIN to limit gun control

There is no American Dream, if you are loyal to this "american dream only " it's the same shit as not being loyal to anything

Stop hiding your beliefs behind a expression that implies something greater than your little opinion alone

a quick "fuck off back to Sup Forums" isn't taking bait

It really is thanks to (you)s, and it's hardly ever JUST THAT.

Civic Nationalism?

(you)'s are inevitable thanks to shitposters. acknowledging that the astroturfers are present helps keep others from engaging their arguments in good faith

>fuck off faggot "american dream" means nothing, this document is changed each 5 minutes and will probably be changed AGAIN to limit gun control

lmao you're so fucking stupid you thought I was talking about a different document. And you're even wrong about the document you're talking about. I meant the Declaration of Independence you retard.

>There is no American Dream, if you are loyal to this "american dream only " it's the same shit as not being loyal to anything

Yes there is. The American dream has a very, very clear tracking of philosophical and ideological origins in the birth of liberalism during the enlightenment era. Ideas of inherent equality, self-determination/self-reliance, individualism and meritocracy with a heavy political focus on opposition to tyrannical government and the maxmization of liberty (liberty as defined by enlightenment era philosophers).

Say what you will about the ideas themselves, if you agree or not really doesn't matter and I don't think anyone really gives a shit what you think anyway, but regardless the American Dream has a very clear origin and place in the creation of America, it's culture and it's politics.

>Plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world--
Dang kids, get off my lawn!

I wonder how many white supremacists can justify their behavior with this line of thinking

Well it's their right as an American to do so, so....

Libertarian and a nationalist in the sense that he puts his national values above other values.
Mind you, this does not mean he necessarily supports the american state, only the nation.

The potential edginess/dangerousness of this line is likely why they didn't have Cap himself say it in Civil War and instead had it as an emotional spark to convince him to do something that was in itself radical.

>tfw no kino scene of this acted out by Chris Evans and Jon Bernthal

It's really sad because especially in its full context it's literally just a flowery way of saying "fucking think for yourself"

That's unfair. Bad people hide behind legitimate reasons to justify what they did wrong.Being individualist is bad? Thinking critically is a problem if you challenge authority? I'm sure the german's who rebelled against the nazis justified their line of thinking in the same way.

>cap visits Sup Forums

>The meaning of the "American Dream" has changed over the course of history, and includes both personal components (such as home ownership and upward mobility) and a global vision. Historically the Dream originated in the mystique regarding frontier life. As the Governor of Virginia noted in 1774, the Americans "for ever imagine the Lands further off are still better than those upon which they are already settled". He added that, "if they attained Paradise, they would move on if they heard of a better place farther west"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Dream

So yeah you fucking narcissistic retard, there is no fucking american dream

nah, more like Cap reads the first amendment.

>So yeah you fucking narcissistic retard, there is no fucking american dream

You've took "has evolved over time and some extend it to other areas" to mean "It didn't exist in the first place"? Can you read? Also nice job actually trying to refute my points.

Cap is naz-bol

He probably understands that when we justify bashing one political ideology we justify bashing all political ideologies.

And that the people who like bashing other ideologies are normally extremists themselves, trying to weaponize state powers to further their agenda.

If nazis or stalinists got into power, that's what they'd do. The first ammendment to go would be the first.

I mean, come on, I'm a libertarian non-white non-american born and I've been called both a nazi and a commie, and by some people's logic that gives them the right to silence me.

>based french
not so fast

I should clarify: I'm condoning that we argue with people, rather than "BASH THE FASH" or "THROW THEM REDS OUTTA THE HELICOPTER".

Legal repercussions and violence should be reserved for people who are actually infringing on others rights. Not just talking smack.

He is USA dog. He is not patriot, he is neo-con.

Ok but he's talking about freedom of EXPRESSION which doesn't really apply to the massive surge in violence stemming from white supremacists groups that America been experiencing in the last year.

Cap's thoughts on a non-violent white supremacist rally are debatable, Cap's thoughts on a radicalized member of that group murdering an innocent woman in an act of domestic terrorism is not.

Ult. Cap is what Sup Forums thinks Cap should be.

He was right. France did nothing in WWII.

Hilarious because Millar was using the character and the entire book to shit on Americans.

And yet their reaction was totally understandable considering what they shouldered in World War 1.

Millar's alternate universe Cap:
>LOL I'm a big dumb retarded close minded ignorant racist piece of shit like all brain dead Americans

Sup Forums:
>Based Cap! Our guy!

>highly fuckable stud

He's just covering for his own history of racist comments.

Ult. Cap was basically an embodiment of Bush era America.

>Millar's alternate universe Cap:
>>LOL I'm a big dumb retarded close minded ignorant racist piece of shit like all brain dead Americans
You are just making shit up. Also why are so obsessed with Sup Forums?

Man don't you remember when idiots on this website rallied around Red "Actual Nazi Supervillain" Skull once he delivered one articulate speech against immigration? Sup Forums is DUMB.

> totally understandable
Yeah, totally understandable to suck nazi dick.

>>LOL I'm a big dumb retarded close minded ignorant racist piece of shit like all brain dead Americans
Dunno,maybe for some people of the inbred hick varietyit makes sense, like:

Did nobody read Ultimates? Ultimate Cap was just a more brutal Cap. The only edgy thing he said was the France thing. He wasn’t racist, xenophobic, or sexist.

You can't be a patriot without being a nationalist.

>use a despicable fictional character as a mouthpiece for decent points
>trying to invalidate said points by association with a bad character
I get the feeling you're not the brightest bulb in the bunch.

>We're on the wrong side of every war!
>Even the one with those nazis

How Hydra Cap get away with this for so long?

They're bad points and people are stupid to agree with them.

Why can't we all be more like Red Skull?

WTF I LOVE REFUGEES NOW

Not true. MLK was a patriot for fighting for the well being of all Americans but he definitely wasn’t a Nationalist because he protested all the bullshit America was up to.

it's almost like he told them what they wanted to hear, then strapped fucking suicide vests to them

How can you hate people who are fleeing from countries you ruined with your imperialism?

>”B-But they commit crime!”

Yeah a minority of them do.

I am not from USA. USA fucked up ME and they should fix it.

Sup Forums is retarded

Dude they're never going to get it through their heads. Don't bother.

>Implying the Great Satan will ever take responsibility for its actions

You're right

>The government were nationalists during MLKs time
*Slurps soy profusely*

america's founders were all white nationalists so if cap values the "american dream" he would be one too

>How can you hate people who are fleeing from countries you ruined with your imperialism?
Why should my country take them? Obama and Bush destroyed Middle East.

>The government were nationalists during MLKs time

Except that’s not what I said

So to quote the late great President Reagan, suck my dick faggot

the 'american dream' wasnt a thing until the early 1900s

>he definitely wasn’t a Nationalist because he protested all the bullshit America was up to
Its what you implied.

Reagan was shit.

That’s not what I implied either. Do you know the definition of nationalism, kid?

you're thinking of the melting pot
america's dream prior to that was manifest destiny, spreading the white race across the continent

Did someone say trickle down?

Oh here we go

>The IQ of a Sup Forumsack

Why would he like them?