Infinity War Spoiler: Thanos

So it seems they plan on making Thanos the hero of his own story.

>>Save the Universe from itself

More like they just had an intern write this.

If his motivation isn't to rebalance the universe so his conceptual abstract waifu will love him I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

This. I want to see Thanos desperately trying to appease a skeleton in Avengers 4. This will all be a complete waste of time otherwise

>"I'M GOING TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE FROM ITSELF"
>>"How?"
>"BY DESTROYING IT"

Unless it's an extra-universal threat, it's not an inaccurate statement.

Nah that’s retarded. MCU was always good at discarding retarded shit form the characters while still making them fun and comicy.

work on your b8 m8

I don't even read the comics and think trying to win over a skeletal death-waifu is more interesting than "bringing balance to the universe", whatever the fuck that means

he tries to win her over by bringing balance to the universe because there are too many people alive

He outright mentions in the trailer that he wants to bring balance to the universe. He may or may not want to bang Death, but he clearly thinks he's doing the right thing.

Black Widow can surely stop Thanos.

Problem with that is it potentially makes Thanos look kind of pathetic.

As far as his stated motivations are, he's all about bringing balance to the universe. Best guess would be he's gotta do some killing to prevent a Cancerverse scenario.

So Joe Fixit and The Professor are never happening right?

Chiffon is coming

>We have pondered Thanos vs the Avengers/Guardians, and not considered the possibility of a power play, an opportunistic trick by a third party.

>At some point there has to be a twist, a curve-ball.

>I believe if there is going to be a wild card in Infinity War, it will be Chthon. He will want Wanda to fight Thanos. He wants Vision to die. With all the stones gathered in one place, with Wanda being pushed to extremes, his goal may be for her to destroy the stones in an explosion of rage.

>Thus, the elements of order are banished from the universe as it implodes and rebirths, and Wanda is utterly corrupted; there is nothing the Elder God loves more than destroying good people.

>Thus Wanda, in those crucial moments, decides the fate of the universe...and the choice is a hellish, Catch 22/Kobyashi Maru choice between victory for Chthon or Thanos. The latter being the good option.

>A central theme of Wanda's arc is control, and the death of Pietro foreshadows the end of A: Infinity War; intense grief and pain triggering a loss of control, and a loss of reason. Her growth as a person will result in her not giving in to her pain and anger.
>She defeats the demon within her, but in doing so has to hand Thanos victory.

>Wanda is a human becoming a God-like being.
>Vision is a God-like being becoming more human.
>Thus, two souls on opposite paths that intersect.

>At the end of Age of Ultron, Vision states that Order and Chaos are not, contrary to what humans think, opposites. Vision represents Order, Wanda represents Chaos.

>Vision is powered by the Mind Gem. Wanda is not. Consider Pietro's powers, and Wanda being vastly different from Vision. Wanda's powers are connected to her emotions, wheres Vision's are not. She is, however, connected to the mind gem.
>Chaos Magic is connected to emotions, and was created by the Elder God Chthon, also known by his alias, The Other.
>The scepter was given to Loki by a being called The Other.

It's not happening. Let it go.

Steve's hair seems a little too actor-y.

Stop posting this, jesus christ

wft I like Thanos for saving us from Chthon now

The Magus is another possibility.
Well, the Magus is himself a potential prologue of Cancerverse