So does the spirit world scenes of black panther recton out the edgy R&M tier “the afterlife is just blackness”...

So does the spirit world scenes of black panther recton out the edgy R&M tier “the afterlife is just blackness” from defenders as noncanon?

No.

No. Black Panthers are special.
>implying not having an afterlife is edgy
Faggot.

Or they're just hallucinations from the vibranium weed juice

Yes, having the afterlife just be conscious blackness where you can do nothing for eternity is edgy garbage, dickstick.

Maybe different persons get different afterlives according to their beliefs and what they want. The people in black panther dream of a northern lights savannah where they're transformed into big cats, and edgelords like Elektra dream of plain eternal nothingness.

>and edgelords like Elektra dream of plain eternal nothingness.
But she had no idea thats what the afterlife was like and was scared of it. And sigourny weavers character was aware of the same afterlife. And even though i didnt watch iron fist i also heard that concept was also talked about by a guy in their as well.

Could've been that Elektra was in hell.

So they had the same afterlife because they convinced others that the afterlife was what they believed, just like T'Challa got to the afterlife of his forebears and Killmonger got one slightly different for himself.

All of Defenders is non-canon. Just like everything else from Marvel TV.

Was it explicitly stated that the dead are conscious prior to being revived? Sounds bogus to me

Was that really the Spirit World

Or were T'challa and Killmonger just tripping balls?

Wasn't it explained that the ancestral plane is sort of a psychic manifestation of the memories of Wakandans? I personally interpreted that to imply that when T'challa encounters T'chaka there, it wasn't necessarily his eternal soul- rather his presence reconstructed from his and others' memories. I think it was left open to interpretation to avoid contradicted any other works.

Who said she was conscious?

>vibranium weed juice
Please, it's called purple drink.

purple *drank

The MCU is just going to have multiple afterlifes like the comics.

> Hel & Valhala
> Hades & The Elysium fields.
> Mephisto's hell.
> The generic hell Wolverine went to in pic related.

>"the afterlife is just blackness"

>Torchwood nearly got cancelled for this kind of shit
>It actually did get cancelled when it created something interesting with it

Let's be honest, none of the Defenders are exactly philosophical revolutionaires. Perhaps they couldn't see the afterlife because they never considered it in their minds, or because it is known that they were going to be pulled back? Can't let jimmy tell everyone which religion is right, if he's going to come back when someone punches him in the solar plexus in 10 seconds.

>Torchwood nearly got cancelled for this kind of shit
Wait, that really caused a controversy?

Netflix is basically non canon at this point

It was more the fact that DW was the right balance of cheery and dark at that time, and was pretty fun to watch. Meanwhile, Torchwood comes in and is like the edgy teen at a party to celebrate their older siblings PhD acceptance, talking loudly about how they might cut themselves tonight.

The tv series have never and will never be referenced in the movies

It was just to eye rolling, edgy teens wet dream. It gets obnoxious when you rather just have a good story over some weird ass lecture about how much life sucks. It’s also what started to hurt Rick and Mortey. The first two seasons had hope snuck into all the cynicism to show that things are not as bad as the show played up. Come season 3 it’s basically “everything and everyone sucks”

Hel has already been confirmed as an afterlife, as was Valhalla, in Dark World and Ragnarok and respectively. It all just depends on who you are.

How so?

That’s why I don’t get the rage about it being canon/not canon. It’ll never matter.

>Nick Fury literally uses a piece of tech from AoS in Winter Soldier
>have never and will never be referenced
Wut?

I'll concede that no major crossover is ever gonna happen but plenty of tiny shit here and there crops up.

It's implied she went to Hell.

Maybe Vibranium absorbs consciousness.

Forgot to also mention than in Agents of Shield Robbie sorta confirmed that Hell is essentially, at least mostly, a void.

Thing is, it's always used by people to be edgy. Notice shows that say this tend to kill off someone unfairly pretty soon after. In fact, there's been a crop of shows that have been boasting the no Afterlife thing. Iron Fist, Defenders, Rick and Morty, Black Mirror even Bob's Burgers. I remember Tourchwood starting its first episode with there is no afterlife thing. Even Bendis had Ultimate Gwen Stacy says there's just Infinite Blackness which Ganke responds with "Cool", and then next issue, Miles' mother dies.

The Netflix shows clearly included this to be edgy because everything about the shows are needlessly edge. Rape, gore, etc. The No Afterlife angle is the way they add the "Cool" factor.

There's an issue of X-Factor where M says there's no good afterlife, just nothingness. There's hell if your bad, nothingness if you're good.

I really don't get why writers love this bleak shit.

>just blackness
We didn't see any white people in the spirit world.

I'm wondering how the Soul Stone will play out in the MCU. The comics have changed it so that the Soul Stone gives you an afterlife now.

Its a metaphysical necessity.

You can write stories involving hell and demons. Its easy to make them the ultimate bad guys, forces of evil, sources of infernal power.... etc. Fear of hell/the devil is a powerful driving force.

But once you establish there is a heaven, all of the stakes just went out the window. Death for good guys is actually a sweeter deal than still being alive. And it raises the question of why the good guys are necessary for beating the forces of evil at all if there is an all powerful force for good calling the shots with a host of angelic superbeings at his beck and call.

A heroic story can play well with the presence of hell. But it cannot survive the inclusion of god and heaven as verifiable things.

>Forgot to also mention than in Agents of Shield Robbie sorta confirmed that Hell is essentially, at least mostly, a void.
So where are all the demons, or the beings that gave him the ghost rider powers in this universe?

>even Bob's Burgers
What episode was that? Also, how the fuck is infinite blackness cool?

Sigourney had been dead before.

AOS will always have small, supplemental stuff to the movies, airing around the time of the movie's release, or even months later. The mouse hole, the location of Hydra in Sokovia, the Helicarrier, Ghost Rider's portals being the same as Strange's, etc. Just this week they pointed out there was an Asgardian sighting, which was probably the girls who took a picture with Thor posting it to facebook or some shit.

The only truly show-original thing to make it to the movies is Metro-General, from Daredevil to Doctor Strange.

But user, Wakandan afterlife is 100% blackness.

He got his powers from Johnny Blaze, but where Blaze got them from, we've got no idea.

It was smart to do that, though, because if they ever wanna do a GR movie, they can do Johnny and that's that.

Something (Robbie directly states it was the Devil) made a deal to revive him and thus Johnny Blaze came up and past the "Ghost Rider" on.

I need to watch the season again 'Cause I can't remember most of the other things, though. There were also ghosts but eh.

It's the writers.

Just like how in the comics, characters who have literally been to Hell and have met Satan himself can claim there is no afterlife.

I think they both received information from their fathers that they didn't previously know, pointing to actual spirit world.

No. The thing with defenders is that New Yorkers have no soul, and thus face oblivion.

It just seems unreasonably cruel. Like, is removing the comfort of an afterlife that much of a stakes raiser? All that does is just shit on D-List characters even more while Bruce Banner just comes back to fuck up shit again.
There's some episode where two of the kids were like "There's no afterlife, death is the end" and then they high five.

And you know why Infinite Blackness is cool. It's a way to smugly look at those over zealous Christians and think "Yeah, fuck them. It's going to be hilarious when they are stuck in an infinite void and they crack cause there's no heaven"

M fucking lies nightcrawler was in heaven when he rejected it to save his friends and got cast out of the afterlife forever!

It could be that they went to an afterlife and just don't remember it. BP being different because of the magic fruit/Wakanda fuckery.

When Robbie talks about the devil, he means Johnny Blaze.

He also says that he died, and there was nothing, only darkness, then the voice talked to him.

>There's some episode where two of the kids were like "There's no afterlife, death is the end" and then they high five.
Pretty sure that is a joke user, considering louise is shown to be a psychopath

Why can't people be okay with there being multiple afterlives in shit like this? Murdock's a good little Catholic boy so maybe his afterlife will be a Catholic one while Thor's will be Valhalla.

Because then your religion isn't the right one.

Polytheistic religions can play nice with other people getting their own afterlives, because they never claimed that their gods were the only gods. Just the Best Gods.

Abrahamic religions claim that their god is the ONLY god. Valhalla also being real means that a major tenant of the christian faith is provably wrong, throwing all of the rest of it into questionable authenticity too.

Well I guess thousands of years of storytelling are null now because edgy writers from the 20th century said so.

honestly are the tv shows even canon?
>inhumans
>shield
>iron fist
god I hope not

That makes sense but considering we're talking about a fake universe, you'd think people would be a bit more passing on the idea lol. Thank you.

Except the show tends to side with her.

>conscious blackness where you can do nothing for eternity

You're not going to be conscious when you die. There's no "blackness" because you're fucking dead and not a cognizant being anymore.