Infinity G̶e̶m̶s̶ Stones thread

Now that the MCU made clear what color each stone is and the comics made synergy, do you think they will finally be consistent with their colors? what color do you prefer for each stone?

What do you think the Soul Stone does?

The colors were perfectly consistent until Hickman used the Gems in his stories.

True, but I liked some of his changes... I prefer a purple Soul Stone.

I dunno, man. Much as I like the Soul Gem being green on Adam's forehead, I'd've perferred red.

I love how Duggan has made a point of state the reason why the Gems have been reverted back to stones is because of Franklin and Reed resetting the universe, the gems, now being uncut, are just stones until they find some manner of cosmic jeweler to cut them.

>The gems aren't gems anymore, just stones
>They operate on a shitty feedback loop system that looks like it belongs in some kind of shonen anime instead of being pieces of the original being
>Adam's Soul Gem, the first gem even before there were Infinity Gems, is now orange.
>Nu Infinity Watch sucks dick

Fuck you Marvel. Every event I get more and more happy that I jumped ship to DC years ago.

I would be happy if Marvel just took a break from using the Infinity Gems/Stones and Cosmic Cube for a while

>Last time the Gems were used to do something they jobbed to Hickman's shitty event for plot device reasons

>Last time a cosmic cube was used it was a little girl and rewrote history to make Captain America a secret Nazi and then created another Captain America to beat him up and replace him

I agree. Marvel can't handle their plot devices anymore. Time to take the toys away from the irresponsible writers and put them in the toybox.

Uhm... when was the last time they used the Ultimate Nullifier?

>DC
Fuck you normies our latest event is Young Animal crossing over with DC and the omniverse is saved by Way's inflation fetish.

>Marvel
P-Please read our books normies! S-See? They're s-stones j-just like the movies!

The point is taking a break from mcguffins of ultimate power.

To make room for more Phoenix stories?

>The gems aren't gems anymore, just stones
They're going to be cut into gems. The Power Stone is currently unwieldable, 'cause it's the size of a small hill.
>They operate on a shitty feedback loop system that looks like it belongs in some kind of shonen anime instead of being pieces of the original being
The feedback loop and the origins have no link at all. The Stones have been stated as being like the source code of a universe, so they can still be fragments of the original being. As for the feedback loop, the universe was rebooted, it makes a modicum of sense that the Stones would function in a different way.
>Adam's Soul Gem, the first gem even before there were Infinity Gems, is now orange.
Yeah, and in Thanos Quest they weren't even called Infinity Gems, they were all called Soul Gems. And before that, Thanos made his own fucking Soul Gem, and it was about the same height as him.
>Nu Infinity Watch sucks dick
They're not the Infinity Watch. They're just the people who currently have the Stones going into an event that will likely result in the allocation of the Stones to a much more competent group. In fact, it'll probably end with the Stones being cut into gems and then allocated to a more competent group.

This event's been building up for months in Duggan's Guardians, and it's got a lot more going for it than most other Marvel events of recent memory.

Turk Motherfuckin' Barrett has an Infinity Stone? That's real neat-o.

Where do I read up on how these people received the stones?

I dunno about Turk, but Guardians for the Power Stone, Marvel Legacy for the Space Stone, Captain Marvel for the Reality Stone, and the two Infinity Countdown one-shots for all the rest of the shit. I think.

>They're going to be cut into gems. The Power Stone is currently unwieldable, 'cause it's the size of a small hill.

Mark my words... Lang or Pymtron will use Pym Particles on the Power Stone.

That makes all too much sense. But then again, Scott Lang's on the Guardians and I can't recall if they said he tried shrinking it or not.

Worst stone to have?

I vote Mind. Like, you're required to already have mastered the SOUL of all fucking things, and the reward is telepathy or intelligence. Not even both? Come the fuck on now.

Space might be the best. Power is the easiest of the 6 to acquire and train naturally, next to Mind, and teleportation through space is better than being as strong as you are smart.

I think only Star-Lord, Nova and Drax know about the the stone... but I'm not sure.

I wonder if Magus will still have anything to do with issue one or if being on the cover was a trick to make us think he won't die.

The rest of the team learned about it in Prime.

He is dead. Ultron killed him in Infinity Countdown Prime.

I mean, he's dead right now. But this is Magus.

True. But one issue later? Would they really do that?

Y'know what? They totally fucking would, wouldn't they?

I'm pretty sure he's just on the cover to be a fake-out so we wouldn't guess he'd die in Prime. I bet he'll be back once Warlock's part of the story picks up.

Probably. I reckon those eyes in the back belong to Kang.

It probably is, but I'm thinking that the big bad is gonna be a watcher. Uatu's been dead a while and that whole storyline with him and Nick Fury has just been hanging.

Based Aron.

Maybe Warlock becomes Magus at the end.

Red for power, IMO.

Soul gem will always be green.

>>The gems aren't gems anymore, just stones
Only the soul gem is a gem because it's cut and polished.

He was totally sidelined in Thanos Imperative but yeah maybe he will be back.

Nothing, cause Souls don't exist.

Didn't Kang send Warlock back in time explicitly to stop the Magus? How does he factor in at all if Magus is dead?