Thor Thread!

Hopes for the next volume of Aaron's run?
Hopes for Thor in the Mcu going forward?

Some Thor feels comped here - funnyjunk.com/Comic book feels/ibLwLvo/

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Thor-God-of-Thunder/Issue-12?id=2050
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

when will Rodi get another mini

Damn sluts want to ride Thor's Mjolnir.

I hope Aaron's run ends soon. I hope they never make Jane Thor in the MCU.

I hope someone at Marvel remembers all the ways his arm could be restored and then...do that.

Fucking THIS! Rodi has to have another Thor story for us

wow, and still Sif is impressed by Volstagg's girth

He's not called the Voluminous for nothing.

these are good and use sexy she-hulk still.

>yfw the Ragnarok story didn't happen

Volstagg is 2nd best Asgardian

It's funny because the whole 10th realm and Angela stuff was terrible. The stuff Thor and Loki did in the comic was great though.

Is that a loli?

come on casual, that's Hilde, one of the best kids in all comics

>It's funny because the whole 10th realm and Angela stuff was terrible
Sorry can't agree I think the whole mini was great.

It's Volstagg's daughter, Hilde I think? She has actually shown up in quite a few issues, though mostly older ones.

Can't believe Original Sin was 2014.
What the hell has Bianchi been doing this whole fucking time.

Like... the mini was good, I just thought adding Angela and the 10th realm to the Thor mythos was dumb. Seems they could have done something else with her.

>Original Sin was 2014
Whoa....

Does she know that daddy is dead?

I don't think we've seen her in a while, though she may have made sense in a comic with girl-power Thor.

He's worked on some Star Wars comics.

Not dead. Is currently in coma.

These are nice. Wish I saw more of this stuff in his actual stories.

read Thor Heaven and Hell by Jenkins, it covers a lot of stuff like that is from it

>in one issue, Jenkins wrote a better cancer story than Aaron's entire run

It's been going on so long now that it's ridiculous. There have been good parts (first 10 or so issues of God of Thunder, The Unworthy, some parts of Jane Thor, Original Sin tie-in...) but now the whole run is outweighed by Jane Thor, which was a random insertion that came out of nowhere.

>What's Jason Aaron's Thor run like?
It was overall supposed to be some sort of treatise about the concept of gods and how they serve humanity, or not, and how a god can earn his godhood.
>Wow sounds great
No actually Aaron never got around to developing that. He just had Thor fall from grace and get drunk, then a very ENTITLED Jane Foster takes over for most of the run.
You don't know her identity for ten issues, and you don't know why Thor became "unworthy" for about 30 issues, for no reason. Just drawing things out and making sure nothing connects with the audience, who are supposed to love everything or else they're sexist.
The main characters are out of character almost all the time. Jane is dying of cancer, but she never even references her child because Jason Aaron doesn't know the character. Instead Jane randomly makes out with Falcon and acts like more of an asshole than male Thor ever did, but it's male Thor who really needs to get his ego in check.
Mostly Thor just talks about dwinking mead and that's are far as Aaron can make him relatable.

With Thor it feels so incredibly lazy for so many characters just to keep using magical hammers. There are more weapons to use then just hammers (or swords since they are so common elsewhere) and more godly power then just thunder.

It is the same problem as Spider-man where all the various offshoots are all just a Spider-people + maybe a gimmick or some powers somewhat adjusted.

Thor don't need hammers or lightning to be based as fuck though

We need to see these two bro it up more often. Maybe even have Ares and Loki in the mix to cause trouble.

Does Thor kill people? I know he killed sentry but is that a thing he usually does?

How many issues of Whor did Aaron write?

>Gorr was right..
>WTF I agree with Gorr now

God that's retarded

HOT.

>this is the man judged unworthy by a magic hammer

I like to think that its less that Thor isn't worthy of the hammer and that the hammer isn't worthy of Thor.

Usually depends on circumstance. When he's acting as Thor the superhero he usually just smacks people around
When he's Thor the warrior of Asgard, or just really angry, he's totes cool with smattering your brain matter across the ground

>Thor literally donates his life force to fix mjolnir

>She leaves him the first moment he has self doubt

Clearly mjolnir is a grade a thot

>Hopes for the next volume of Aaron's run?

That it will end soon, and be last we've seen of Aaron on Thor. Or at Marvel in general.

that reminds me, whats going on with Hyperion right now? Is he still around?

those are rules that are put upon him by humans and mostly The Avengers. There is no, no kill rule for him, but he generally respects customs of other worlds. But since the 9 realms are all about war and killing, that's part of their morals.

his Thor run has been good, just Odinson and Whor were bad, the world building was amazing. If you want a new writer I can not name a single one at Marvel that would do better, can you? Slott is the closest but I think it would fall flat

Slott should write Hercules not Thor
but I guess Cates by default should get everything now

His worldbuilding was based in retarded retcons and was awful from the beginning. It's the same with his other titles Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange... The man is as much of a menace as Bendis was if not worse.

Also Cates, Duggan and Ewing.

>Slott should write Hercules not Thor
he writes a good Herc so I can't argue there, but I say he could do both.
blame Fraction who started that whole bullshit
> cates, cates cates

I love the guys writing but I don't want him on Thor yet. He needs to stick to a book for more than 4 issues to convince me he can hold down a story. The guy is just a mini-machine right now (love em) but that is not what Marvel is

>a comic needs dozens of issues to tell a good story

Decompression shits GTFO

Did they just imply that that kid likes her dads dick?

You're not supposed to falter at any time
>kinda like some women out there

It'll be just as shit as the rest of Aaron's run
In before some idiot claims that it was good before Jane Thor. It wasn't

Iron man has never been a match for Thor, even with the Thor Buster armor he made out of the magical relic Thor had gave him for the purpose of turning it into a major source of clean eternal power for humanity.

Source me right the fuck now.

Reminder that Thor, The Thing, Hulk, and Spider-Man used to be on the same strength tier back in the silver age.

Spider-man was never at Thor's or Hulk's level of strength.

At most its ever said he was "still growing" and maybe he could reach the big leagues at some point.

Also 100 tons isn't really that much, the fact that its as far as Marvel's scale goes (100 tons+ basically equaling infinity) is kind of silly.

That sounds convincing. It would be a shame if I had two sources saying that I was right, though.

Jesus fuck Tony, stop cheating.

Different eras put them in different categories, Spider-Man vs Thor now would be like The Flash vs Usain Bolt. But back then, it was more equal.

Jail after the Squadron when into Authority territory in the most recent Squadron series and murdered Namor.

Thor God of Thunder #12.

Huh, I read God of Thunder. I guess I must've missed an issue and not realized it.

Godbutcher/bomb = Masterpiece
Accursed = Ok
Last Days of Midgard = Good
Fuck you.
> "but he just ripped off Jurgen's run"
Yes and improved on it in every single way and made it entirely his own beyond the base concept of a serial killer of gods.

Nigga, to be in the Execution Chamber, you did some pretty wicked shit. Why the fuck is Thor wasting time with some cannibal rapist?

Or get caught smoking weed like 4 times or something in a State like Texas.

Here - readcomiconline.to/Comic/Thor-God-of-Thunder/Issue-12?id=2050

user... read your sources more carefully.

Both of them literally say Spider-Man is still weaker than the Hulk or Thor.

>murdered Namor
That's a crime?

I said they were in the same class, not equals.

well if male gods of asgard have the same avarge worth human man do, then a male thor isn't even worth 0.0002 of a female one. But maybe it is different for gods.

Being a virgin is hard, huh

I loved most of God of Thunder but this issue was probably my favorite.

0_o but that makes no sense. If it wasn't for Thor alone humanity would be dead many times over, and that is just one god in the marvel universe. What about those gods tought the stuff like writing, fire etc. Heck if it wasn't for Bor killing the first gigant there would be no earth to speak of and people would not have existed.
But then again sad drinking is never good for anyone. thor should have drunk with friends and not sulked around drinking alone in the dark. doing such stuff always gives you bad idea.s