Operation Wakandan Freedom (Parody Storytime)

I hadn't done an edit in a while (okay, two years, blame graduate school) but these are fun and always tracked well on Sup Forums. Here's a parody of Black Panther's first appearance.

Bump for interest

2/19

I love all the purples and yellows in this. It's like a disco exploded on everything.

The original issue is Fantastic Four Vol. 1, Number 52. The next issue led into a conflict with Klaw. T'Challa's rogue's gallery hasn't grown much since then.

4/19

Thanks.

5/19

Old-school Reed Richards is *jacked.* Still physically inept, but *jacked.*

6/19

Inhumans vs. X-men was a train-wreck's train wreck.

Bump. This thread is fun and I'm having fun.

7/19

Black Bolt may have the pointiest crown in fiction.

8/19

Glad you're enjoying it, these take far more time to do than I remembered. Still great fun.

9/19

And so the jobbing begins.

10/19

What the hell did Wyatt Wingfoot plan to do here? There's a fine line between bravery and suicidal tendency.

11/19

Wakandans also invented Reggae, Shogi, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, and Eurovision.

12/19

They don't let you into a parkour forest unless you can do a corkscrew-swingthrough-gainer flip. It's Wakandan tradition.

13/19

It's striking just how useless The Invisible Woman used to be.

14/19

What's everyone listening to lately? I've been on a Mutoid Man kick.

15/19

The original comic has some amusing nonsense explaining how that punch from The Thing didn't reduce him to a fine paste.

16/19

Wyatt Wingfoot, as far as I can tell, occupied a role somewhere between Robin and Brock Samson.

17/19

Finally, the battle of the century.

18/19

It's been interesting watching my family (black as the day is long) react to the movie. I think they'd like to make a national holiday for it. More importantly, it's finally gotten my brother to stop complaining about The Last Jedi for three minutes, so points to Ryan Coogler.

19/19

And that's the comic! If people are up for an encore, I could pop up a short edit I did of a hack teenage romance.

>wakanda invented togas, pierogi, and american cheese

Kek

>black as the day is long
Er, so they're really black or not black at all? That's a pretty relative metric...

Sorry, I butchered that expression. Fully black (Jamaican-American).

Blump