What's his name, Sup Forums?

What's his name, Sup Forums?

It was Captain Marvel and still is for most versions of the character, but he was officially re-named Shazam due to the difficulty in branding as they did not own the "Captain Marvel" trademark

Big Red Cheese.

Bazinga

Captain Thunder.

Shazam

The question is what we're calling the Shazam family since they've barely appeared in Rebirth

>Billy Batson
>not the son of Bruce Wayne

Weren't they called the Shazam Kids during Flashpoint?

The original captain marvel

>And still is for most versions
Not really, except maybe Thunderworld. He's officially Shazam now

The marvelous diversity tokens
The Movie bait characters

Freakazoid, only for some reason they forgot to color him blue. Awesome character btw, they should bring him back!

Divergence and Thunderworld = 2
injustice and new52 = 2

THUNDERCOCK

He's still called Shazam in current main continuity

New52 is the main continuity. Stop being autistic.

Rebirth is current continuity dumbass, there's a difference.

DMX
HE BE THE BEST
YOU SEE THE REST
THEY LOOKIN LIKE THEY NEED A REST

>there's a difference.

No, there's not. Rebirthfags are deluded idiots.

Shazamily and you're dumb if you don't call them that

Kind of. Outside of Superman (and they haven't been consistent about these continuity changes, like how they still had Cyborg calling himself a league founder even though according to the new Superman Reborn origin there was a league before the N52 league), they haven't really established what changed continuity-wise, but they seemingly taking more freedom to randomly reference older elements that previously weren't in the N52 continuity, like Batman having an anti-monitor tower from CoIEs or some vague reference to Cyborg and Raven having worked together before, which never happened in the New52.

I'm sorry, mind clearing it up then? Because to my knowledge, New 52 was the old main continuity, and Rebirth is the current main continuity.

Rebirth is just bringing back some old shit people liked and ignoring some new 52 shit people hated.

Depends on the Earth

Armageddon.

But its still not New 52 continuity, that was my point. Rebirth is just a mix of New 52 and older shit, like you said

The big two bring old shit back all the time, is it a new continuity every time?

Retcons =/= different continuity

But wasn't Rebirth the result of another universe reset/combination of timelines after Convergence?

you're simultaneously trying to defend one continuity change while saying another isn't valid.

No I'm confused as to how retcons in one situation is a new continuity and not a new continuity in another situation.

No, Rebirth has nothing to do with Convergence.
After Darkseid War, Wally came back, revealed Manhattan fucked the timeline, some pre-Flashpoint stuff is being restored but it's still the same continuity as the new 52.

you've argued that new 52 is the main continuity. no, it is not a "new" continuity every time. Only on shit like the new 52 which you're attempting to say is more valid than the retcon that attempted to undo their shitty mistake.

new 52 is a "new" continuity that was folded into the mainline continuity that was picked up with Rebirth.

Rebirthfags are morons.

>still the same continuity as the new 52.
post Superman Reborn you have no proof of this. rooftops in batman showed how it isn't concrete. Some year one stuff is now 'canon" again. and jor-el disappeared from the krypton blast, which was confirmed this past Action issue. it's clearly still a fucked up timeline.

So since he’s a kid in a man’s body did he ever have any crushes on girls like his sidekick?

says the person who's trying to argue the reboot that tossed continuity out is more valid than the more recent reboot that attempted to bring it all back.

I think the Billyfag is just doing alternative shitposting since no one took the "Captain Marvel vs Shazam" bait

Rebirth wasnt a reboot. Seriously what is wrong with you?

Then Captain Marvel.
Now Shazam.
To me is pushed meme character that people keep preteding that is good.

The one in the picture is captain marvel.

The Flash, I think.

Yeah it's not like they share the same first three letters or anything jeez.

Yes it was. I don't care about the shill spin, by the dictionary definition both it was a reboot. So was N52. Only one of them was based on throwing old continuity out though.

Not anymore hehe. The current Cap Marvel is even worst than Billy.

>by the dictionary definition both it was a reboot.

Don't be stupid, new52 never had a half cape or the prussian jacket.

yeah I was going to say 'both of them' but restructured the statement and left the 'both' by accident. But since I fucked up and it reads autistically you, of course, used it as an easy out rather than addressing the fact that only shills and pathetic fucks who are legit companyfags would argue rebirth wasn't a reboot.

THIS
H
I
S

It’s really sad. He gives Billyfans a bad name.

Shamwow
Cillit Bang
Oxyclean

The idea of Billy Mays as Shazam is hilarious to me

I hope every one of these kids but Mary and Freddy get left and forgotten in the new 52.

It's too bad Jon exists now, because I really like the dynamic of Superman taking Billy under his wing.

I don't think he really needs that. Part of Captain Marvel's appeal is new independence, he doesn't need to be suddenly put under adult supervision.

Exactly how fast is Billy? He gets his speed from Mercury, messenger of the gods after all. Which its probably still slower than Flash's bullshit but I thought I'd ask.

I would like to see Jon interact with Billy at some point

he's faster than flash.

I thought The Speed Force transcended godly power?

Both characters are as fast as they want to be. Comparing them is pointless and up to the whims of the writer.

also mercury himself syphoned flash's speed at one point because gods can do that.

Billy can get closer to the Flashes speed than Superman but that is not saying he is faster. In Justice he was still unable to reach Barry when he was in overdrive, and Black Adam in JSA still needed Jay's help to open a time riff.

Shamaz

Thundercock

Darla wasn't bad but Pedro and Eugene need more development.

Those kids aren't going anywhere since they're in the movie so get used to them, user.

I'd love to see DC pull a Ghostbusters and try to brand him "The REAL Captain Marvel"

Cool Captain Marvel.

For a moment I though that blond dude transformed into that brown haired chick.

>did he ever have any crushes on girls like his sidekick?
You mean Mary? That's his sister dude. Please return to Pakistan.

They won't, because in 1973 they tried to do that and sued Marvel Comics over their use of the name (which DC had previously had no stake in, and Marvel had been using for 5 years without issue).

Basically at discovery it became obvious that DC not only didn't own the name but, thanks to DC's own shenanigans with the company that originated it, DC could never own the name unless Marvel voluntarily gave it up.

DC agreed to drop the suit in return for never, ever using the Captain Marvel name as a marketing thing ever again. The fact they've used it in a few comic books since - never on the covers, though - doesn't change that; they'd really be fucked if they tried, in any form.

The Real Ghostbusters is a different argument anyway as the Ghostbusters naming rights were known about at the time the first movie was released, and Columbia did in fact acquire the rights to the name for their movie - but due to a miscommunication thought they also held them for a cartoon, which later turned out not to be the case. So they re-named it the REAL Ghostbusters to avoid directly infringing on the name - but since they also held the movie rights to their own characters and the title rights for those movies too, and the first movie had already been released without complaint from Filmation, there was never really a serious threat of Filmation being able to sue over the "Real", whereas with DC, calling him the "Real Captain Marvel" would simply be a violation of their 1973 settlement, in which they agreed not to use that name for branding purposes.

Since DC has (as other anons have noted) chosen to call the movie Shazam (after the 1970s shows, in fact, which were name that way for the same reason) and even the character since 2010, flipping back now would just mean the movie was held back (because a court would order that as soon as Marvel Studios requested it) until DC/WB were prepared to be grownups and change it.

Was Marvel's pre-Carol CM ever any good? Always seemed like a C-lister to me.

Captain Marvel no matter what DC and Marveldrones say.

The Flash-Man!

Captain CAVEMAN

ZIMBABWE

Just call them the Marvel Family

cute..it's Shazam no matter what you say

capitan Marvel

Mary is for Superboy

Rebirth wasn't a clean slate change of continuity like N52 was.
It was just them "going with a different direction".
Stuff from N52 was still canon.

S H A Z A M !

soon user
soon...

I wanna cream that blonde shazam
both versions

Blaine?

Captain Thunder.

Why do you fucking casuals always spew way too much shit?

DC doesn't have the trademark. There. I said everything you did. They do have the copyright. And it's not just a few times in the comics it's everytime he appears he's called Captain Marvel.

Shazam is, as you noted, the marketing name due to the trademark. I don't see why you people death signal and ballyhoo like it's more serious than it is. Especially because user clearly made a joke.

They don't have the trademark on the name "Captain Marvel". There is no chance of them ever owning it.

They have the copyright on the character as designed and published by Fawcett, but not even on all issues, because DC screwed up there, too, so issue #2 I think is now public domain. Which means you're free to use the Fawcett designs because they really didn't change that much before 1953, when the character effectively ceased to exist. So DC doesn't really own the copyright to the character or its concepts either.

Casuals like yourself, who think everything in a 70-year history of shameful legal wrangling on DC's part should be reducible to a couple of words that convey how little you know about anything, really should fuck off and die. This whole thing - these shitty, endless threads about the name of a character that DC killed off, and DC later bought out of a misguided and frankly moronic attempt to fuck over their competitor, the shitty movie that's never going to even allude to the name Captain Marvel and will probably be forgotten a month after release - is a result of your casual attitude and your casual understanding of this character's history. So shut your cunt, because the stench is getting me down.

Kablam.

Captain Marvel

Billy Batson is the real Captain Marvel, not that sidecut dyke. Yes, I know the story behind how DC got him and how Marvel sued over the name, but I still think it was really shitty of Marvel. Not that DC was better, but they had him for decades, at that point, and MArvel was shamelessly using the same name.

This is such a major principle for me, that I will not see the Carol Danvers movie in theatres, even though I'm an MCUdrone,. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD and borrow i from the library.

Trademarks are renewed every ten years. If marvel ever decided to stop using the name for more than 5 they'd need to prove they plan to use them within the next five before renewal.

And they don't own the initial runs of whiz, cap, all American and others because of the terms of the settlement only including what was housed in the fawcett office and storage. You can't conceivably call me casual because I'm not just spewing generalities like yourself. Go read a few more blogs about a character to don't care about faggot. The initial runs ring public domain (for nearly every fawcett character) is common knowledge to anyone who isn't a complete fucking casual.

The point is you faggots come into these threads attempting to tell people history they already know while mangling it. And you do so over a joke that really required no response other than "imagine that, kek" or "nah, that'd be dumb."

Captain MoreBalls!

It'd be more entertaining if a woman lusted after him not knowing his secret identity.

He and Stargirl dated but they had to stop because the JSA thought he was a grown adult man dating a young teenager

William Batson

ShaFam