Which titles will make it past 12 issues?

Which titles will make it past 12 issues?

Terrifics

I'm rooting for Terrifics and Sideways.

So we got Hulk, Fanyastic 4, Spider-Man, Punisher and Ghost Rider.

Who exactly are the rest ripping off?

Silencer, Terrifics, Unexpected, (hopefully) Sideways.

I've only really liked Terrifics and Silencer so far. Damage is just endless fight scenes without any plot.

Isn't Challengers already confirmed to be a mini?

Sideways.

Terrifics and Sideways will last past 12 issues for sure. Maybe Silencer depending on how hard they start pushing the League of Assassins tie. I can definitely see them having Damian and Ra's pop up

I haven't read it yet but the second issue of Damage is apparently much better than the first.

I read the second issue, it's just the same thing. Damage running around fighting the Suicide Squad until the next issue where he's going to fight Wonder Woman.

Terrifics will keep going thanks to the characters
Sideways has potential and is being co-written my Morrison later this year
Silencer has been the best story thus far and could get traction
Damage probably will be canceled since it has little character/story and is cameo heavy
Others are up in the air at this point.

Since Damage's powers only work for an hour I'm surprised they haven't linked him to Hourman.

Terrifics and Sideways were decent, so not those two. >:|

Assuming Lemire stays on Terrifics, I can see it lasting into the 20s.

Silencer is going to be gone ASAP, tacticool is out of trend.

Immortal Men and the Unexpected might get 9 issues or so, but a team of entirely new characters is a hard sell.

Sideways I can sticking around after the announcement of Morrison helping.

Challengers getting past 6 issues will surprise me.

Damage I could see ending up in the late teens.

Curse of Brimstone I have no fucking clue. There's next to no hype or publicity on it.

>Challengers getting past 6 issues will surprise me.
It was downgraded to a mini

Well, that's one for seven.

>Curse of Brimstone I have no fucking clue. There's next to no hype or publicity on it.
It did get a really good review on Bleeding Cool apparently it develops the setting and characters alot.

When is Brimstone coming out? I hope it does well. I've been itching for a new Ghost Rider since Marvel basically turned Robbie's book into an ad featuring everyone but him

I am rooting for Immortal Men & The Unexpected.

Unfortunately Ryan Sook will only be on the first issue because the bosses forced him to work with Bendis on Superman.

Looks like Immortal Men is next on the list to be released so Brimstone is after that. So a week from this coming Wednesday.

>>:|
Fuck off.

Isn't he only doing one issue of MoS?

I'd assume it's similar to Shaner were his schedule is set so he can work on both Superman and his New Age of Heroes book.

>Sook
>the guy that can't handle a monthly schedule period
>doing two books
m8

>Thanks to the characters
A bunch of D listers?

>Rooting for Orlando
Why?

This
More interesting question would have been which titles will make it past six issues, OP

I'd assume all of them except for Challengers.

I think Silencer will make it to 12 issues and get cancelled but be a beloved cult book for years.

Terrifics
Unless Lemire wants it to end at 12

I don't read comics for writers (except hickman), I read them for characters, concepts and artist.

Morrison is co-writing one issue.

it seems like thats what ppl are holding onto with that series, like its gonna suddenly be a morrison book after the first arc.

>Morrison is co-writing one issue.
no he is confirmed for the whole 2nd arc at least, going by a interview with Didio a few weeks ago.

Seeing as DC gave Superwoman 18 issues, all of them have a fair chance of making it to 12.

My money is on Silencer since it actually reads well. Didio is one to appreciate diamonds in the rough. Terrifics has the biggest chance afterward since its all established characters

Sideways and Terrifics have the best chance. I’ve surprisingly enjoyed Silencer so I wouldn’t mind that sticking around. Hope Brimstone is good, I’m a sucker for “deal with the devil” characters.

Shut your goddamn whore mouth about Plastic Man!

>I’m a sucker for “deal with the devil”

you've been reading Kill or Be Killed by Brubaker right? ..... if not you really should.

Silence aside from the shit art is a really fun read (basically John Wick with superpower). Damage on the other hand is just cameo-filled trash.

Would you keep reading a comic written by Gabby Rivera for 100 issues?

And that Cyborg is allowed to exist despite selling below 9k I think these will all get 12 issues at least

I thought silencer was Black Widow rather than Punisher.

Immortal Men and Unexpected, one of those has got to be X-Men. Maybe both, since there's always a bunch of X books.

Silencer, Sideways, Terrifics all have potential
Damage doesn't
Haven't seen anything else but Immortal Men will get past 12 issues, cause Tynion is the biggest (literally and figuratively) beneficiary of cronyism in mainstream comics.

I'm a year behind on DC but I enjoy me some Challengers of the Unknown.
Hopefully that lasts a while.

I don't think we have ever reached a consensus about who Silencer is supposed to be. I thought she was Punisher until the first issue, which made me think Widow, but now second issue just makes me think she's going to be neither and go full John Wick

I’m rooting for Terrifics, Sodeways, and Silencer. I can’t really comment on the unreleased ones as we don’t know the quality yet. Damage will probably get canceled the soonest out of all of them. I’d like to see Sideways last 100 issues or more personally

Sales are mediocre so far. Realistically they'll probably all end around 12-18 issues. 24 would be lucky.

Silencer is WAY closer to Black Widow than Punisher. Though she's probably even closer to Dark Horse's Lady Killer.

They're monthly and most are on 1 or 2, right? Then none of them because DC doesn't have another year left

ALREADY?! Were the pre-orders THAT low?!

Nobody cares about Hourman.

Probably.
Sucks because I love the Challengers

Why wouldn't DC have another year left? Their sales to customers is higher than DC's and their sales to retailers is nearly as high as Marvel's and their sales-per-issue is HIGHER than Marvel's. Plus they're subsidized by Warner Bros., so all that doesn't even matter.

WHAT ARE THE RELEASE DATES FOR ALL THE REST OF THE BOOKS? ONLY 4 HAVE COME OUT SO FAR.

>Plus they're subsidized by Warner Bros
Until June 21

Then they either get bought by someone competent like Disney or they go out of business either way DC as it is is dead

Not fucking likely.

Is Shaner working with Bendis Supes? Wasn;t going to buy any of Bendis' DC works but if theyre drawn by Shaner I may have to. Shaner drawn Superman is too good to pass up.

Bump for Kill or be Killed, literally THE best comic on my pull list. Every time I read it I just can't wait for the next one. Puts literally every DC/Marlel book to shame.

Tacticool isn't the selling point, it's the over the top mom is a super assassin gimmick.

The challengers have a tiny tiny fanbase, they didnt want a new fucking team when theirs havent gotten a miniseries or series in millions of years.

Good point. Don't try to fix rosters that aren't broken.

>Still posting this after it was exposed to being rumors perpetuated by The Wrap
At least it's different than that laughing Evans pissing on DC's grave picture, Ladderbro.

Ehhh... Kill or be killed relies way too much with the in medias res flashback narration to tell the story, it's gimmicky as hell and there really isn't enough happening per issue. It's also a bit too on the nose smug in tone, mixed with the completely boring is he or is he not crazy subplot. It's become painfully obvious that Brubaker cannot mix genres, Fatale always sucked when it tried to do horror, KoBK becomes a snore fest when it tries to introduce a supernatural element or psychological red herring.

>they didnt want a new fucking team when theirs havent gotten a miniseries or series in millions of years.

Somebody actually cares about Prof, Red and co.? I want to like Challengers but the relaunched always come up with really shitty gimmicks instead of emphasizing the retro adventures into the weird motif. Four people that nearly died getting into weird shit and they're "living on borrowed time." How is it that hard to do?

I will avoid truly horrible preachy writers.
But it's rare I can tell a difference between a mediocre writer and a good writer. They have to be exceptionally great for me to take notice and even then it's typically just for that specific run.
I'll give a example. I loved Rucka's Punisher & liked his Rebirth Wonder woman.
But I don't see much of anything they had in common. If they lied and said they were written by 2 different people I wouldn't have questioned it.

Exactly. I'm not pissed or anything, but when i heard about the challengers coming back i was happy, there's a lack of retro adventures in mainstream comics, instead we get another attempt to modernize something that NEEDS to be old school and retro.

>Keep on pushing the dead Ladderbro meme
>Pushing rumor made by the Wrap