Redpill me on Moon Knight, Sup Forums. What's his deal?

Redpill me on Moon Knight, Sup Forums. What's his deal?

Marvel Batman

He's a fucking nutjob with D.I.D. and a worshiper/champion of Konshu, Egyptian god of the moon/night travelers/whatever.

>Marvel Azrael

I like the superhero with schizophrenia angle, normally that'd just be played for laugh. Where could I start on Moon Knight?

there is no deal with him, every writer ignores everything that came before and does something edgy or weird.

The original Moench run.

Pulp action hero with mental illness. He deals with the weird, the fantastic and the mystical, alongside with criminals and mafiosi. He's a former mercenary turned rich guy / taxi driver / whatever Marc actually feels like he is in order to protect those who wander in the knight. Also is at odds with the god he worships: sometimes he believes in him, sometimes he doesn't. He's not afraid of using weapons of all types and hurt, maim and kill his enemies.

Sometimes he's just the lovable crazy ass tough guy: sometimes, he's foolish and gullible, and sometimes he's an idiot that saves the day even if he's about to fuck it up.

Either the Ellis run or the original run as are good starting points. Depending on your tastes about old stuff.

You know I'm curious if Marvel Studios would ever touch Moon Knight. Either way it'd be a monkey's paw. A Netflix show would just be Marc out of costume most of the time, never using The Mooncopter, and a movie would severely toned down in terms of violence.

How well was the run overall where he was committed to an Insane Asylum and everyone was an Egyptian conspirators? I stopped reading it when he managed to leave the asylum and everything was a desert.

I liked it, but it depends on how much you enjoy a story that basically it's asking you to just give up making some sense until the end. It had some good points and strong art, in any case.

I enjoyed the whole ride. He started using different artists for each personality and it went far crazier than what you read

It was a boring slog

Grey batman but crazy and sometimes with powers.

Each time someone says that Moon Knight is Batman but in white and actually crazy, god kills a kitty.

Insane Batman

This run is fucking amazing

mew?

I want Dexx-tar to join the outlaws.
Lobdell please.

Batman with multiple personality disorder and more mysticism than science.

He's pretty great.