/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Rebels is ending soon Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2018.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars Rebels S4E14/15/16: "A Fool's Hope/Family Reunion and Farewell" (Mon 5)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Tue 6)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Tue 6)
Star Wars #44 (Wed 7)
Star Wars Adventures #7 (Wed 7)

>Star Wars Rebels Mid-Season 4 Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=-jWIDwq44ZI

>Rebels Recon: Wolves and a Door & A World Between Worlds
youtube.com/watch?v=_XGJd_g1zDA

>Solo: A Star Wars Story Official Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs

>Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot
youtube.com/watch?v=9Szts88zY4o

>STAR WARS: Battlefront II – The Movie (2017)
youtube.com/watch?v=geqUtEjdREc

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Sabine/Ezra in this finale darnit! Please don't make me only enjoy this finale!

21 HOURS, 33 MINUTES AND 34 SECONDS UNTIL REBELS DIIIEEEEES

And why the fuck isn’t there a /LOTRCO/ ?

>Asajj Ventress has no muff hair

Reminder, Sabine will be decapitated soon. No joke.

Hey everybody! /SWCO/ is never gonna get laid!

good thing this is /swco/ and not it's bizarro cousin /SWCO/

But Episode IX's true enemy has yet to be revealed

Go to bed, George.

It's Luke's hand. IX will be like EVIL DEAD II.

Why can't Boba just have the darksaber? It's being wasted on Sabine

God, she was sexy

>I don't watch the show
Sabine hasn't had it since the beginning of the season

I only watch clips yea, what happened to it?

It got shoved up Zeb's butt

>IX will be like EVIL DEAD II.
Groovy.

The blonde lady that was in love with Obiwan's sister or cousin or something with short hair took it and became Mandalore.

Bo has it now. And now rules Mandalor.

Destroyed... by the Empire!

>EVIL DEAD II
So, basically the same as the first movie but with fewer actors?

Lies and slander they end up happily doing rebel things together.

No, the main villain will be Luke's severed hand from TESB.

Well that's fucking stupid

...and that pretty much sums up REBELS.

Why?

Luke Skywalker
A Cinderella Story

>lady mandalore
oh yee gods the EUfags must be mad

She is royal blood.

I can't argue with that. It sounds like a typical Abrams plotline.

Only a retard that has never read anything from the EU would post something that autistic.

>Why can't Boba just have the darksaber?
Sorry, but the Darksaber is for Mandalorians, or other real badasses like Maul, only.

This entire thread needs to be purged a week after the finale airs. It's dangerously idiotic.

so whats next?

new trilogy animated series?

>real badasses like Maul
poor little sith lord

Just passin' thru.

Excuse me while I become the only good Disney Star Wars movie.

look, Sabine is fondling Ezra's balls

Actually yes. Rebels 2.0 confirmed.

All of the Disney movies are bad, the only film I'd give the distinction of being "least terrible" is TFA.

what a sexy behemoth

They're all terrible.

This is true. Better plot and had best villain.

You think RO was worse that TFA? If you don't mind me asking, why?

Had Boba even appeared in Rebels?

Judging by the spoilers, Ahsoka & Sabine show.

god how is one user so absolutely right?

Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra right?

Might be resolved in a book like how a New Dawn led into Rebels.

I just want more story set in Galactic Civil War era

>Ezra
Sorry, Ezra's a dead beat Dad on the run from both his ex and his child-support payments.

TFA just made me leave the theatre feeling disappointed, I didn't like TLJ but it was entertaining seeing how low it could go. With RO, I just couldn't get into it. None of the characters were interesting or likeable, I couldn't get into the plot and halfway through I felt like leaving the theatre, it just ended up making me feel depressed for a week after watching it as I realized what Star Wars had become.

We dont need anymore Rebels vs Empire shit. There is enough of that shit in the NEW Films, comics, novels, games, and Tv shows. Enough with OT shit already.

Best shot in film.

>enough with the OT shit already
we've only been dealing with OT shit since 2014, you had a decade and a half of prequel content

LOOK AT THEIR LEGS

>best villain
>it is with great honors, I wilhuff tarkin accept this battle station

So far. I WANT to feel hope for Solo. Solo may let me down, but it hasn't happened yet.

You want to hurt me. I can tell. You're a bad person.

Your reaction when they pull a Korra ending with those two?

Husbando status ended with Mark Hamill
Now Adam Driver is best boy

Tarkin was forget after ANH and had no personality. Everyone knows and remembers Krenick

>OT shit since 2014.
Umm we have been dealing with OT since 1977. Over 30 years and still continue to get movies and books retelling and spamming about it.

>the secret imperial base known as the maw is shown
>proto types for the death star, galaxy gun, star killer base show up on screen

>that spelling
Tarkin got his own novel, Krennics was about his crying about his BF leaving

>Everyone knows and remembers Krenick

not even the official disney canon page mentions krennic on the death star page.

its like some kind of awesome joke, dude was meant to get jobbed.

Rogue One grew on me. Especially because it's seeming more and more likely Vader was extra cranky in the film because he was recovering/seething from the Tano fight.

He was ready to fuck EVERYBODY up be it for the Death Star plans or some poor bastard screwing up his bantha burger order. People were gonna die one way or the other. That made the scene at the end scarier. Fuck wookiees being sore losers. Vader is so much worse.

Rogue One is amazing. Fuck off.

>tfw no Ashoka
>tfw no mention of the Republic/Imperial Commandos
>no Sev cameo
Vode An

all the shots with the DS over Jedha were beautiful. Especially the eclipse

indeed

>its power to create problems has certainly been confirmed
>a city destroyed, an imperial installation openly attacked!

krennic made him grumpy?

>because he was recovering/seething from the Tano fight.
you mean the one that was like two years prior?

Nice rebuttal.

The whole point of RO was that they were a collection of Rebels. No Lukes or awesome protagonists, just flawed people working towards a common goal.

That was your problem walking into it.

Eh, I could forgive the lackluster characters and pacing if the story was decent, but it felt like the main goal of the story, getting the plans, ended up an afterthought of the story. The acquisition of the plans isn't an interesting story in and of itself, but I thought they could make it work by doing an espionage thriller esque story, but the whole time it felt like some kind of melodramatic world war II movie, except the melodrama didn't work because I had no connection to the characters involved.

The problem wasn't that the characters were special, it's that all of them were flat as characters. I could get attached to the random background characters from the Prequel Era, like Plo Koon and the other Jedi masters, and got sad when they died in RotS, but by the end of Rogue One I felt like there wasn't anyone to care about.

>I could get attached to the random background characters from the Prequel Era, like Plo Koon
How the fuck did you do that

Jedi I guess.

Aside from just visual appeal, I think that one of the things the PT did really well was have characters look and act like they had a lot of background, even if realistically they aren't all that developed or original. Even though most of the Jedi Council aside from Yoda, Obiwan and Windu don't have a lot of background or screen time in the movies, they way they interact and how others interact with them implies that they have unique personalities and histories even if we don't see them. In Rogue One, the cast pretty much all treat each other as relative nobodies. Aside from basic descriptions, I can't even remember any of their names except for the main character and the director guy. I think they tried to go for the same effect, to have characters seem very distinct and unique through how fleshed out characters interact with them, but aside from Tarkin' s scene there wasn't really any anchor for the viewer to perceive the characters through, which made them all feel very shallow.

What was the point of Sabine taking on and training with the darksaber then?

Ahsoka gave him a good pounding...
That's right - one night of getting dicked by her means you have to spend 2 years in a bacta tank!

>Your reaction when they pull a Korra ending with those two?
upset because ahsoka is for ventress

and hatefucking bariss for betraying her

>Even though most of the Jedi Council aside from Yoda, Obiwan and Windu don't have a lot of background or screen time in the movies, they way they interact and how others interact with them implies that they have unique personalities and histories even if we don't see them. In Rogue One, the cast pretty much all treat each other as relative nobodies.

You're comparing a set of characters that have known each other for decades with a set of characters that have only known each other for a few days.

>Aside from basic descriptions, I can't even remember any of their names except for the main character and the director guy. I think they tried to go for the same effect, to have characters seem very distinct and unique through how fleshed out characters interact with them, but aside from Tarkin' s scene there wasn't really any anchor for the viewer to perceive the characters through, which made them all feel very shallow.

This is a you problem. I and lots of other people felt differently,

Futafags need to leave.

>upset because ahsoka is for ventress

Wrong. Obi-Wan is for Ventress. Though I would like Ahsoka and Ventress show

She was being prepared to lead, but she decided it wasn't really her role to play.

>Rebels, Rogue One, Solo, most of the Marvel Star Wars comics

How much more do you want?

It's okay for people to dislike the prequels, /swco/

So it was a pointless waste of time and character development then

It is. What's annoying is people coming here and going HEY EVERYONE THE PREQUELS SUCKED AM I RITE

The fact that the characters don't know each other very well doesn't invalidate the fact that none of them have any characterization or background that give you an anchor to analyze the other characters.

Again, that sounds like a you problem. I didn't have any issues with the characterization in Rogue One.

The problem isn't that the characterization in Rogue One is bad, the problem is that it's either minimal or nonexistant.

It sounds like you have a you problem too. Because I agree with that user and I'm sure many others agree too. The characters in Rogue One WERE forgettable.

So why do people like Kyle Katarn so much? My only exposure to him was in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and he didn't leave that much of an impression desu.

he's Luke's right hand man at his new jedi order

Why did they make her so ugly in Rebels? It doesn't even look like the same person. Did they fire the old character design guys?

She does have muff hair and it's as soft and silky as the hair on her head.

Jyn=broken bird, lost two father figures in as many days
Cassian=morally grey, has done bad things for good reasons
Baze and Chirrut=lost everything, out for revenge
K2=sarcastic droid
Krennic=overly ambitious, hubristic to a fault

what else do you need?

There's people who like him from the stuff in the books, but the big reason he has a following is because you play as him in games people liked. It's the same reason Revan is so popular.

ignore f*tafags
do not reply to f*tafag posts
starve them of attention and they will fuck off