Did you see the twist coming Sup Forums?

Did you see the twist coming Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiphospholipid_syndrome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying that was real

What twist?

That her great great great grandfather was bojack

No.

):

i didnt watch that other show that did this so no i didnt see it coming

Wait really?

....….……no. Not really.

When watching that episode I based my expectations on that she was real so I watched assuming everything was going to be ok. Didn't see it coming

This episode did a really good job at giving a look into Princess Caroline's psyche. Very creative, pretty funny, with a decent amount of self-centered ambition coupled with a small bit of denial inherent with a lot of her type. Easily one of the best characters of the series.

Yeah, I got suckered in because I seen this extact trope used before in other sitcoms.

>Bojack Horseman
>sitcom

Bojack Horseman is a deconstruction your average 90s sitcom yes

If something is a deconstruction of a certain genre of format, does that in itself make it what it is deconstructing?

Yes..? What genre of show would you classify Bojack horseman as then? It's essentially a 90s sitcom that has no reset button and has actual consequences when characters behave like assholes

Unless your Todd, in which case you just kind of exist.

>Evangelion is a deconstruction of giant robot anime
>It's still a giant robot anime.
I mean how ELSE would you deconstruct something?

Todd is kinda needed. The humor and wackiness he brings serves to lighten up the show and remind us that while the show tries to be more "realistic", it's still a animated sitcom about cartoon animals and not to be taken too seriously. If not, I think the Bojack horseman fanbase would have turned into what the rick and morty fanbase is today. Even now it's slowly moving it's way there.

Well ok, let's start by laying what lines a sitcom typically goes by:

>problems are solved by the end of the episode
>characters are standard archetypes
>humor is usually act/react, typically not subtle, usually employing some kind of laugh track,

Keep in mind there are exceptions to this formula, and not every sitcom will contain every aspect of a standard sitcom.

To me, Bojack Horseman is a show about characters who desperately desire for their lives to be in a nice, understandable box that can be simply figured out and fixed with "universal" moral and virtues. The deconstruction of that with the sitcom, namely the show "Horsin Around", is juxtaposed with how messy each of the characters lives turn out to be, and how their problems are ever-changing and fluid, unlike the "problem solved in 30 minutes" typically found in the sitcom.

While there are parts of the show that parody sitcom tropes, the show tends to be more of a character-drama with occasional comedic elements.

Not at first but eventually I did. You see, I'm a lot smarter than the average viewer and I can sense such things.

how was that szechuan sauce you waited in a line 8 hours for?

It was great. Thanks for asking

I want to impregnate and have a happy life with Princess Carolyn
also
>Mia and Todd didn't get in a relationship
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You heard it here first. Mia and Mr peanutbutter is the endgame

>impregnate
And just impregnate. You wonk have kids because her womb overcooks babies.

Tons and tons of woman have miscarriages. It's actually extremely common.

I'd argue it stopped being an animated sitcom and moved right into animated drama around season 2 when the character moments and their personal trials and tribulations start to really take a focus over the shenanigans. It'd be like saying Moral Orel started out as a comedy and should stay one, when that both clearly didn't happen and wouldn't be as well remembered if it didn't decide to just go down the path of full on drama. I can understand why you want to keep him and by extension the more comedic elements, but we're reaching a point where it just doesn't fit the shows tone that any time some idiotic scheme involving Todd and or Mr Peanut Butter doesn't fit.

But that's like, my opinion man.

>absolutely everyone in this show have shitty life with tons of fuck ups
Is this the real life?

My Dad acts like a 5 year old. My sister is a sociopath. In my job I have to deal with a fuck ton of abandoned children and elderly. One notable case was a 7 year old that was raped by her stepdad.

Real life is much worse

This is a cartoon that has breached mainstream media by capitalizing on "such depressing" "it's sad, like real life!" and "awww bad things happen" but it's done in such a trite way that it's devoid of any nuance in its themes.

No, it isn't real life.
Real life is much worse.

When this episode was over, the two people i was watching it with either just started silently sobbing to herself while the other person just shouted oh my god and i just got up and paced around my apartment. she doesn't deserve anything but to be happy. PC did nothing wrong.

No, and it caught off guard and made me sad for the rest of the day.

I did.

Nope. Had lot of hopes for her relationship with the mice person.

watched it at night while marthoning the series. Cried myself to sleep an the next day I still felt bummed

I always liked PC but this episode and her speech in the last one made her my overall favorite character.

Your sister sounds hot.
Can she Firebend?

Yes.
When the episode started I thought the futuristic setting was way too wacky for Bojack Horseman standards and it had no reason to be there, then I started connecting the dots in the next few minutes.

I was more cringing through the whole thing so I didn't really care how it ended, just when I'd get to it. That episode was horrendous.

Todd is a 90’s wacky sitcom character played straight.

Bojack says in season 1 that he thinks wacky 90’s sitcom is the way life should really be, but acts like how someone would actually act around a wacky 90’s sitcom character.

Its pottery.

It's not so common to have three - or was it five? Miscarriages in a row. 20% of pregnancies are miscarriages, but the odds of have five of them back to back is 0.032% unless there's something wrong with you.

I see no reason to believe it didn't happen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiphospholipid_syndrome

They have it in every McDonald’s now. Walked in and they gave me some with my mcnuggies, it was pretty good.

I did, much to my dismay. I knew good shit couldn't happen in BJHM so I was doubtful from the start. Quite a shame, since I think PC deserves at least some happiness