What does Sup Forums think of Dreamwork's Boss Baby?

What does Sup Forums think of Dreamwork's Boss Baby?

Should have won

Don't get how this shit and John Cena got nominated over Captain Underpants, Lego Batman and A Silent Voice

It was a funny and wholesome movie, I really don't get why it is so hated

Alec Baldwin, duh.

Meme tier.

I think because DreamWorks and Fox took advantage of the Oscars rule change and had their employees vote for those movies.

Visually interesting movie with a bare bones plot and very predictable/lowbrow humor. People treat this movie like it's the spiritual sequel to the Emoji movie, but it's not that bad

I like that it angers weebs. I haven't watched it though.

The Emoji movie wasn't as bad as people make it out to be either.

It's pretty okay.
It certainly didn't deserve the Oscar nomination, though.

This.
And you can add In This Corner of the World and Mary and the Witch's Flower to those nominations.

Hell, even Leap!, which didn't try and compete for a nomination, deserved a nomination much more.
The reason why it didn't compete for a nomination was because Harvey Weinstein doesn't care about animated films.

I really loved Leap!.

And also, Hosoda and The Peanuts Movie didn't get a nomination in favor of some literally who Polish film because Funimation doesn't know how to do Oscar-qualifying runs back in 2015, and as for The Peanuts Movie, I don't know why it didn't get a nomination.

Also, Shark Tale got nominated instead of The Polar Express or The SpongeBob Movie back in 2004.

Back in 2001, they gave the win to Shrek, while that and Jimmy Neutron got nominated instead of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and Waking Life.

And in 2010, they only had three nominations instead of the usual 5 just so Tangled and Summer Wars won't get nominations.

Same thing happened in 2007, when they only had three nominations so Meet the Robinsons and Evangelion won't get nominated.

2011, they nominated Puss in Boots instead of either The Adventures of Tintin, Wrinkles, or Winnie-the-Pooh.

I'm not one to go "hurr reddit spacing" but you really don't need a space between every fucking sentence. Learn to format better.

How does the Academy judge by their criteria on the animation department anyways?

By what their kids watched

I'm serious, user.
Really?

GKIDS has the distribution rights to these movies, so hopefully at least some of them will be nominated.

Yep, they don't give a shit about animation. A lot of the time the voters don't even watch the movies

Too cliched to really like. Storks was better.

Fucking kill yourself. I'm so sick of you anigay fans and your stupid victim complex.

You seem upset

People are upset that A Silent Voice didn't get nominated instead even though it would've lost anyways.

Why do you space

every sentence

like this?

It's

Unnecessary.

GKIDS is probably the greatest animation distribution company to come out as of late. They're one of those few distributors that if I see their logo pop up, I have higher assurance that the movie is going to be at least pretty good - if not great.

Yes....yes it was.

Nice.

Same thing happened with Your Name. (Kimi no Na wa.).

You think it's gonna be pure shit, but then you watch it and you're pleasantly surprised.

I'd take the worst dreamworks movie over any animu shit.

it's bullshit.

The people deciding these things treat every animated movie like it was made with 4 year olds in mind and mostly know about the once they nominate because their own kids went as saw them.

I thought it was alright. I laughed quite a bit. A little too long, some scenes could have been cut. Decent kids flick.

Underpants and Batman were a step below mediocre.

I thought it was decent, not Oscar worthy, but definitely a decent kids movie

Surprisingly not QUITE as awful as one would think.
If my niece wanted to watch it again I wouldn't choose to leave the room.

deserved the nomination more than your chinese shit you fucking retard rice queen

Hi mr.enter

Because people in the real world don't want to be associated with pedophile shit like anime.

oscar nomination = we'll get more of it in many form, sequels, bootlegs, cartoons,phone apps, youtube daddy finger and so on.

This. OP is not even trying to be subtle about it, the thread image alone steers the discussion into the same shitty "OMG why didn't Koe No Katachi win?!!!!!!!" angle. How the fuck is it possible to be THIS petty about the Oscars that you make the same shitty bait thread every week? Get a life, OP.

> visually interesting