How much does it suck to not know anyone IRL that loves comics the way you do?

How much does it suck to not know anyone IRL that loves comics the way you do?

But user, I love it.

Very much.

I have a friend who's really into comics, and another who's shown interest in getting into them.

>tfw all the irl people you know who love comics are strictly marvel fanboys

Sucks man all this time we invest into the dc continuity and theres no one to relate, no one to get excited with about the same things.

it's worse to know that no one will love me IRL the way I do comics

I'm used to it.

user, can you provide for them the joy that comics provide for you?

I'll give oral

Just introduce someone you know to comics. I got my girlfriend into them with Gotham academy and now she's obsessed with anything that has Damian in it including morrisons run. All you need to do is know the taste someone has and then use that as a launch pad that will eventually lead into other things.

My girlfriend loves Preacher and Shade The Changing Girl so I'm fine.

Very untrue. All my friends can never get into comics because the availability of online gaming will always distract them.

Your friends have an addiction if they can't spare at most a half hour per week to read new stuff

I joined a comic book club
It's pretty great, and we meet once a month.

Why not make your own bookclub, user?

The only people I know are some of the guys working in my LCS, I've got a friend how's getting into rebirth now, but it's in the "Speedforcelol" kind of way, but it's better than nothing

I managed to get my best mate into comics and other mates to go to a small comic convention once a year. The issue is that now my best mate spends ALL his money on comics so I barely ever see him for a drink any more.

>only read old classic comics
>dislike DC's reboots and rebrandings
>all the movies are the new timeline now
>I'll never get movies based on the comic characters I read
It upsets me deeply.

Wait this isn’t a New Frontier thread?

Pretty good actually. I have other hobbies I can do with my friends, but I also have hobbies I enjoy by myself. Comics is one of them.

It sucks. Going on Sup Forums and having great 200+ response discussions about Kirby or pulp comics or Bronze Age cape runs or Vertigo or Claremont or Morrison used to make me feel better but now Sup Forums barely even reads comics.

Sucks enough to come here

>Even when I am in a crowd, I am alone

right? where did all the great discussions go?

I have actually a lot of friends that, while not having the exact same taste as I do in comics and cartoons, love the medium just as much.

It's not that hard to meet people with common interests, just socialize, anons.

They went to shit like everything else on this site after moot left and Hiro let fucktard mods like swaglord run the boards. You can't have discussions when mods allow Sup Forums and Sup Forumstards to spam the board with capeshit threads and racebait.

the prevalence of shitposters and astroturfing is unfortunate but discussion can still be had. just have to ignore the garbage

It's really not that simple. It takes time to type out a thoughtful post in a discussion thread. If Sup Forums posters are allowed to post 8 Black Panther WE WUZ threads a minute any real thread is gonna get knocked down into oblivion. Plus the general knowledge and ability to have quality discussion drops and drops each time one of those threads is made an allowed to stay on the board. It's becoming more clear each day that if you're a poster who give a shit about comics and cartoons it's just not worth it to post on Sup Forums anymore.

I used to seek out discussion on CBR forums too but they seem gutter tier now after their reboot. Where else are people going for comics discussion?

Sup Forums got sick and tired of all the capeshit movie threads and bullied mcufags into Sup Forums. Because of brand wars all the snyderfags came over as well just to shitpost and argue which took precedence over actual comic book discussion due to how many posts those threads get. Meanwhile on Sup Forums the capeshit shitposting increased due to how mad people were getting and as a result bane posting and general superhero movie threads took precedence over discussions of actual good movies. Long story short Sup Forums ruined two boards at once.

It sucks more not having a girlfriend that loves me.

>but discussion can still be had
Less and less. The biggest problem isn't the baiters, it's the idiots taking the bait. Instead of discussing something they're stuck in a thread feeding replies to some pathethic baiter.

>Where else are people going for comics discussion?
there's a community thread on Resetera. no idea if it's good or not, but the mods crack down on disingenuous shitposting pretty hard over there.

you let Sup Forums in unlike other boards that forces them to fuck right off to their board by shitposting sneak Sup Forums threads into oblivion so that they can't have Sup Forums discussion outside their own board

Most of the other boards got worse too though, like Sup Forums.

how has Sup Forums affected Sup Forums?

Cartoon and movie dominance is consuming the board.
I'm fine with cartoons and all, but cartoons anons will make a fucking thread for anything.

It hasn't, it just simply got worse. Hell, while Sup Forums was always one of the shittier boards, it too got worse once the capeshit boom happened.

ah, got it.

Sup Forums got worse because the anime industry is shit. you can't have a nice discussion when the industry is making its best to produce garbage aimed at the mainstream consumer or garbage made for harem otakus and 90% of the overall viewers don't care about older anime and barely talks about animation techniques. they at least ban non-Sup Forums posts and threads. meanwhile in Sup Forums we have literal celebrities daily life threads with MCU/DCEU camouflage

Yeah but there's almost no threads for anything other than weekly shonen jump shit, fucking generals everywhere. Back in the day naruto threads were not allowed now boruto AND naruto gets constant generals.

It sucks a whole lot. My wife is patient when I explain shit and she’s read an issue or two, but it will never be enough.

The problem is the bumping, the outrage shitposting threads remain at the top of the board for sometimes days on end and real discussion gets completely buried and is unable to survive. It also hurts that people who are willing to discuss usually are posting at the high traffic hours because they tend to have jobs and whatnot, just generally be better adjusted people than the crazy NEETs and underage faggots doing the shitposting. Live action being banned would see a massive improvement in quality of discussion.

It’s a bummer

No we tried to get them to fuck off but the mods protected them. There was a sticky up for a long time "COMIC BOOK MOVIES ARE Sup Forums" because there was a point (it was when baneposting was ridiculously popular) when we said fuck that shit. But the mods, likely being moviefags themselves made it halal on the board. Of course we've seen how that went.

Share your love for comics and your wife's pussy with me.

I mean... I once got banned because I got fed up and shouted at people to stop taking the bait. Said shitposter of course didn't get banned and the thread stayed up for a long fucking time. It wasn't even subtle bait, it was the kind where someone posts a picture of a black shirt saying it's black and the shitposter says "are you crazy? the shirt is clearly red". See, a normal person would see that they're either dealing with an actual retard or someone pretending to be retarded, and they'd stop. Of course Sup Forums doesn't have normal people.

I have two friends that are into comics, one is a general reader who enjoys it, I don't want to say casually because she reads a lot of stuff and buys a lot of books but is just not as much of a fanatic as most people who are into it are. Another friend is really into it but he's got some pretty serious OCD and is autistically reading some chronological version of DC's continuity.
Of course I got both of them into it.

I more dislike that when I bring up anything about comics I get bombarded with moviefaggotry. I am nice about it and I grin and bear it but it gets on my nerves that people actually think the movies are that similar, and that their depth of enjoyment is the same as mine.

he did say online gamers...

Remember the two rules
>mods=fags
>They do it for free

I know three people who really love comics IRL.

My fiancee, but she has different taste in comics than me, and the genres we like don't overlap much.

One of my friends, really loves comics, but is only just now getting into them.

And an acquaintance of mind, who has absolutely horrific taste. Had to bite my tongue when she told me how much she was enjoying Marvel's America as kill-bill sirens went off in my head.

>how much she was enjoying Marvel's America
You must be making this up.

Why not politely tell her you're not a fan. She'll ask you why not and you can explain some of the more glaring issues with it, and use examples of actually good gay and minority characters if that's why she likes it.
>The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I swear to god I'm not. And don't worry, I can hide my power level. I just said the comic wasn't to my taste. Then I had a nice talk with her about Gotham Central instead.

>tfw they're MCU fan boys and openly don't care about any comics DC or Marvel

Sup Forums, and Sup Forums happened. I don't mind cartoons, cause ya know comics & cartoons board. But it's mainly just Sup Forums, and Sup Forums baiters. Sup Forums being the worse offender, seeing as I can't get 3 posts into a thread these days without some form of Sup Forums bait.

My friends don't have similar taste to mine either, but Jesus Christ, I can't even being to imagine what it would be like to have friends actually passionate about the mcu.

Yea and they're on this board right now.

This is indeed how you do it.

>Unironically thinking these women give a shit
I've seen this way too many times. The look of distaste on their face when the guy isn't looking, the continual need for explanation because their disinterest keeps them from retaining information, the cell phone being pulled out any time the boyfriend isn't there to drive the attention. It's much worse for comic books than it is for sports too. Trying to "read together" one of the cringiest activities of all time. Do not try to get your GF into interests where she doesn't initiate, it will only breed resentment.

It cannot be overstated how nice it is to talk to some fellow DC fags at Sup Forums. Any other sites or forums that you would recommend to have some decent conversations about DC?

I feel you. Sup Forums is where I go to let out my inner autist, nobody else gives a shit about me geeking out over old golden age stuff.

Nothing at all.

I've got you guys :)

Good man

It gets a little lonely sometimes, but I'm helping my friend get into comics, she's coming along just fine. Maybe one day we'll have a conversation about comics that aren't from the big 2

Honestly as much as people here dog it, I've had an account on CBR forums for a while just cause there's nice nonhostile dc discussion there, and most new announcement threads made there aren't done with an agenda attached like "DOESN'T THIS SUCK, BASED MARVEL" which devolve into company wars. That being said CBR does suffer from a bit of wanking favorites pretty hard with criticism being harder to come by.

>tfw when went to major sports centered school k through 8th
>tfw people thought it was weird I liked superheroes and comics
>tfw only friend that was Mildly interested in them had a falling out with me leaving me alone
At least college was pretty lit

My problem isn't not knowing anyone who loves comics so much as not knowing anyone who can discuss things in depth and appreciate classics. My uncle started wanting to get into comics after he retired and I started lending him trades snd graphic novels. I was a bit disappointed when he didn't want to borrow my copy of the George Perez Wonder Woman omnibus. Because men don't read Wondy I guess, despite that run being a fucking masterpiece.

I do though

>Friends show interest in comics after we discuss the Black Panther movie
What comics should I tell them to read?

I know the feeling, in primary school I was the only person to read comics and was consistently ridiculed for it and then come highschool the mcu had gone into full swing and suddenly a lot of the same people who ridiculed me went around in captain America shirts and shit like that.

Phantom, batman and aquaman as combined they make black panther but individually they all do what they do better than black panther