Writes one bad comic

>writes one bad comic
>is now considered to be the worst of all time
Why do people do this? Shouldn't a creators entire career be considered instead of a single work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KRS0ez8eQV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hello Gabby. Now fuck of.

Usually it's not just one comic. The comic that gets memed is the pinnacle of the worst that author has to offer over other mediocrity.

I said one, not every one

>Shouldn't a creators entire career be considered instead of a single work?

If we did this EVERY writer would be considered shit. Even most of Alan Moore's work is unreadable garbage.

This.
A writer who is generally good will be eventually forgiven his one fuck up, just occasionally mocked for it.
A bad writer might get a moment of spotlight for his one good work, but ultimately the creation will be remembered better than him.
Unless the "bad work" is so incredibly controversial and offensive to the zeitgeist, it will nor ruin a good author.

Loeb's done nothing wrong, the Ultimate universe was marketed as having real consequences and Ultimatum was the first time it actually delivered

This, but unironically

Agree with this.
If an artist has good runs and bad runs, it will described as a certain era.
Like Alan Moore and his post league of gentlemen writing or after.
There will always be a detailed look on it.

You're only as good as your last show.

I think he did it too far?

>writes one good comic
>is now considered to be best of all time

Nope, even his worst works are still great,Moore Record is pretty solid

>most of Alan Moore's work is unreadable garbage.

Thanks for articulating why I think Moore is an overrated hack who got lucky with Watchmen

Schulz is an example of an artist/witer that always improved his work until the day he died, the only other example I can think of is tezuka, and what made them good? they loved their job, they didn't wait for people to recognize them or give them thumbs up on twitter or whatever like modern artists that are on the industry just for the money and having their ego inflated.
why can't we have more schulz and tezukas and less gabys and bendis?

Bill Watterson is another example

Watterson is dead? wtf!? when?

He's dead inside, since 1995
youtube.com/watch?v=KRS0ez8eQV0

>writer is trite and unimaginative, mediocrity personified
>praised by Sup Forums for being "decent"
>somehow does wrong by hivemind's favorite character
>his past and current work is now actually being analyzed as it should have been from the beginning
Jeff Loveness right now

Oh, I think Loeb was a good writer. It's just that he lost his damn mind when Sam died.

this is the clown that made Crossed + 100

all he ever did was learn to write purple prose and spend his career using that limited skill to produce wink-and-a-nudge versions of other people's work

Loeb never produced anything worth reading unless it had Superman or Batman in it or if it was drawn by Tim Sale. This is true even early in his career. He did little known runs on garbage like Venom and Cable in the 90s that were SHIT. When he stopped producing enough quality work to make everyone overlook his shitty comics was when he moved to Marvel full time and stopped collaborating with Sale. He's never been able to write the Marvel characters unless Sale was there for some reason.

>Go to McDonalds
>Why do people like the food here just being alright?! It's not gourmet!!

Sounds tough.

>food analogy
Go home, Sup Forums, you're drunk.

Loeb never wrote Venom you faggot

What? Loeb's Cable was not only great, but a massive success. Cable is popular because of Loeb

Loeb is the best modern Superman and Batman writer

Sup Forums likes a bandwagon, news at 11

what's Loveness even done since Nova

neat thing about schulz stuff is how his art style became more, casual I guess? That's not the right word but I don't know enough about art styles to really describe it that way, but it's evident enough that his work on peanuts really changed over time with everything looking less clean like it was in the fifties, which I like a lot

It was more crude. Less clean.

There's merit in that, especially when you're drawing heavy abstractions.

1950's looks like stewie griffen from family guy

Maybe but on the other side, just because someone wrote good stuff, doesn't mean every shit he dumped should be gold coated.

For me, I see this as Spencer and so far he has written more things that I liked than things that I hated, unlike Bendis Slott and Snyder