Which one was the better Spider-Man and which one had the best film?

Which one was the better Spider-Man and which one had the best film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4
youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
youtube.com/watch?v=YPf5CvqV4ZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Garfield, Spiderman 2

I liked Andrew's Spidey
Tobey's Peter

The new guy does kind've a good version both but not great.

Spiderman 2....because of the game.

>Best Spidey
Garfield

>Best movie
Tobey, because of Spider-Man 2.

>Tfw you legit liked Homecoming
Why does Sup Forums have to be so Sup Forumsntratarian?

Tom holland, he is best peter morale.

Tom is the best Spidey but Tobey had the best film (Spiderman 2)

>The niggers, chinks, and spics are animals petey, and it's our responsibility to civilize them. If we can't then they'll hang from the elm tree over yonder. The Day of the Rope is coming Petey, if it is not then let me be killed in a car-jacking this very night. God bless the white man and God bless the American Nazi Party.
Jesus...

What character do you think Tobey should play if he got a role in the MCU?

It's just very mediocre, bro.

Norman Osborn.

Gotta go with Holland as best Spidey, Spider-man 2 as best movie.

Tobey's Peter was less nerdy and more creepy and that's what brings him down for me. Spider-man 2 is a great movie despite that though.

Garfield was wasted on bad movies, but he was definitely the best spidey.

And yeah, like everyone says, Spiderman 2.

Seconding.
Garfield was the best Spider-Man, but Spider-Man 2 is just one of the best, if not the best superhero movie of all time.

> Best Spider-Man
Holland
> Best movie
Maguire (SM2)

Holland Best Spider-Man/Peter

Best movie is a tie between Homecoming/Amazing (even though both are highly flawed) 1, the rest suck pretty bad

If they didn't force RDJ into every other scene it could have been a great Spider-Man movie. Maybe more practical effects too.

It had everything going for it, Keaton's Vulture was a sympathetic and charismatic villain, leagues above 90% of other MCU villains, Holland was a really good teenage Peter/Spidey (Garfield and Maguire both looked way too old for the parts), but they fucked up in the execution.

I still enjoyed it for what it was though and I hope they can solve those problems in the sequel.

Holland and Tom

>Best movie is a tie between Homecoming/Amazing

Holland. But Tob had the best film with Spider-Man 1

/thread

>MCU Green Goblin
Like pottery.

TOBY, TOBY (SM1 and SM2)

The Human Spider

Because it didn't have Dunkle Ben in the movie. And we all know there can never exist any form of spiderman without having a flashback to Dunkle Ben dying.

This. Toby all the way.

Who was the best Ben Parker? For me it was RDJ

Holland might have a technically more accurate Spider-Man character and i enjoyed the Webb films and MCU film but the Raimi films by far are the best out of all of them.

By FAR.

Because Spider.Man is a self.made hero and Homecoming has him desperately begging for Tony Stark's approval until the last scene and burdens him with lots of tech shit he doesn't need.
And his alter ego scenes were pretty bad as well. Like, Flash gets everyone to mock him at whim but at the same time he's a stupid fuckup who gets dissed by his teammates all the time. Is he a presence at their school or not? And all kinds of things like that.

>RDJ into every other scene
Except he's not. He isn't in nearly as much of the movie as Sup Forums seems to think.

Best Spidey - Garfield
Best Peter - Toby

However the both of them are brought down by how inferior their counterparts are, so Holland is the best overall balance.

That post really don't look like something from someone who saw the film

When he's not there's Jon Favreau literally as his proxy. And when he's not, there's wither Tom yelling MISTER STARK! or him interacying with a piece of tech he was gifted with by Iron Man.

I still don't understand how the tutorial AI was activated only after Spider.Man had completed his tutorial missions. Was Stark drunk-coding it?

Curt Conners probably

I thought for a second you meant ASM 2

How the fuck does Garfield's hair fit under that mask

toby, toby
the raimi's spiderman movies were the ones that kickstarted the whole modern cape genre in the first place
if you watch the first one again the sfx don't hold up and the green goblin can be campy at times but it was before Disney made a superhero formula so it was still finding its ground, its experimental footing makes it stand out from the other 2.
also they focused only on spiderman, the others had stupid shit in the background to establish plot, peter's scientist dad and iron man. while the others had these sub plots to establish who spiderman is and whats his plot motivation the original is just spiderman being spiderman, he gets super powers and decides to fight crime, he is not trying to impress iron man or try to piece together some dumb conspiracy theory about his parent's murder.

Raimi was a genius

Toby was the best SpiderMan and the best Peter. He had the best movies.

100% this

damn, that fight was satisfactory brutal.

Best moment in the Spidey's movies.
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4

youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
Based Raimi. How can MCU trash even compete?

This would be perfect

Maguire.
Spider-Man 1 and 2 (take your pick)

The Raimi films were flawed, but they were still far better than what came afterward. The Garfield movies were pretty bad (save for Chris Zylka who was the perfect Flash Thompson and the opening 10 minutes of ASM 2), and Homecoming (race replaced characters, high-tech Stark suit that talks to him, Uncle Tony, no spider sense so that people can find out his secret identity) was even worse.

Toby. No contest.

I only remember Tony showing up about four times (the beginning, the end, and the two scenes he saves Spidey post-Vulture encounters). I guess Happy was there a bit more frequently which made it feel like Tony was always prevalent, but I was bothered more by Karen than Tony's presence.

I don't remember Toby being a particularly great Spider-Man. Is he just looked upon more favorably since there's no "muh scientist dad" or "muh talking suit" gimmicks attached to him?

Tobey is looked upon more favorably because Raimi is a good director and Spider-Man 2 is considered one of the greatest cape movies of all time.

It's like how people think Jamie Foxx is a good actor because he's been in a few great movies, but in reality he's kind of shit.

The Human Holocaust

This is it exactly. Although Molina is perfect Ock over the game as my reasoning.

I think Holland is good as Spidey and about as good as we'll get too. It's nice that he seems to be a good person irl which is something now that i want from my superheroes on screen.

I hate how Tom Holland’s quips are based on him being gullible instead of witty. Does that make sense to anyone else? Don’t know how else to explain it.

Tom Holland's High School teacher.

Kid Arachnid

Fully agree man. The fight scenes were fucking brutal and made you feel for the character making a comeback, or just getting his ass kicked. As well as the main villain also getting hits and dishing it out too.

What went wrong?

>Best Spidey
Amazing, no contest - almost leapt from the page, from the fake confidence to the cheesy yet funny quips.

>Best Peter
Homecoming, no contest. Raimi presented aa semi-autistic manchild, this milquetoast, bland, inoffensive, thoroughly uncharismatic figure. Meanwhile Webb over-corrected and we got skateboarding hipster Stutter Parker. Homecoming is the only one that resembles the comics Parker.

>best movie
Raimi, no doubt.

Ironic, that each franchise got something truly RIGHT, but none had the whole picture.

>it's 1:1 to comics so it must be good
wew

>I want Spider-Man to act as Spider-Man when in a Spider-Man movie and that makes me odd
>>>/anyotherboard/

Average-looking guy gets superpowers unexpectedly and isn't hollywood handsome? What an affront to the original concept!

I feel like making Flash a nerd was a mistake, too. As a jock, you could see how he was popular, in a Big Man on Campus sort of way. Plus he had the intimidation factor with his strength; while Spider-Man could easily fight him, Peter couldn't.

The train scene in SM2 is still probably the best cape movie scene I think. Both the fight circling the train and Spidey stopping the train was fantastic.

I'll also give SM3 props for the Venom-Spidey vs Sandman fight in the subway being great, even if most of the movie was pretty mediocre.

Please for the love of god add these thing to the sequel
>Peter actually throwing a punch with a real villain fight
>Peter swinging through New York
>Peter working at the Daily Bugle
>Better Flashbacking to a good memory of Uncle Ben, or at least have a photo
>An actual Mary Jane Watson

I originally hated it but I liked them going forward with depicting an actual modern high school. As 21 Jump Street lampooned, this isn't the 80s/90s, kids aren't being shoved into toilets anymore because of all the zero tolerance shit, school shootings making people second-guess torturing shy loners, and general culture of tolerance and pacifism being cool among young people today.

The actual cool person in a upper-middle class school like Peter went to (it did seem like everyone was either rich or smart) wouldn't be a dumb jock, they'd be at best the muscle for the actual cool guy, who would be wealthy and flaunts it, would have connections through his parents, and would subtly belittle others in school to further elevate his status. He'd be the kind of guy everyone would want to be SEEN with, but nobody really likes.

Homecoming got this down pat, the only mistake was not fleshing out his role on the Decathlon team - tell us it's his wealthy parents making him do this to help his college applications or whatever, sell the "disinterested rich asshole" trope.

Actually pusical bullying is still a constant reality on schools. a big part of studants suffer kicks shoving,punching threats and other things of bullies, things didn't really changed much

Also the problem with flash is how Flash behaviour is always used as an excuse for jokes, since flash is not strong or handsome he would only get the class support on this kind of actions by being "funny" and that's the problem flash was not trying to be funny in anyway, he didn't made jokes nor was trying to entertain his classmates, this makes his popularity and support not realistic

Pretty much. Turning Flash into a bitch was a mistake, he worked better as a big jock because big jocks don't have to try to be on top in high school, they're already there. It made his and Peter's positions perfectly clear.

Again, it depends on the type of school - Peter was shown as going to a very well-funded school, one which had a Decathlon team that won the national championship. These kinds of places are more about subtle power plays and shows of influence/dominance than physical bullying.

For one, there's more risk to the individuals (the kids come from well-regarded families) and to the school (more reputation to lose), as well as it just not being something that's commonly done among pampered rich people.

Flash was shown as being popular because he's rich - he drives amazing cars, he has a giant house that he throws lavish parties in, etc. He's the cool guy because he throws his weight around, not because he's funny.

He's probably incredibly insecure, as we've seen everyone turns on him whenever given the opportunity, so his friendships are probably very shallow. This could be why he picks on Parker - easy bait with few social ties that helps him portray himself as strong while using the bullying as basically stress-relief.

That part of the movie was fine, if in need of a bit more fleshing out.

>also they focused only on spiderman, the others had stupid shit in the background to establish plot, peter's scientist dad and iron man

This is something missing from superhero movies since shared universes and sequel bait became all the rage, IMO.

Today's superhero movies just don't have those singular, focuses, and tight feelings of Raimi's Spider-Man or Nolan's Batman. It's all about marketing future movies, causing them to introduce shit that doesn't actually benefit the film at hand. It's all about that future payoff.

We will continue to have superhero movies that are popular and do quite well financially, but we will never have another Spider-Man 2 or The Dark Knight, IMO.

What about the sideplot with his fucking Russian landlord and his ugly-cute daughter who wants to get the Spider-D?

There were plenty of dumb ass sideplots in the Raimi sequels, they were just not galaxy-spanning mysteries.

>An actual Mary Jane Watson

Skip her. You have fags complaining about marriage shit again.

Old cape movies could stand on it's own and tell the actual story from start and end. MCU is just tv series shown in cinema.

Fine. Then use Chat

Tobey wins all categories.

>Not enough quips
While I do agree, he hit the absolute most important thing about Spider-Man: To someone inspire hope and heroism in the viewer, yet still feel like he's just a kid way in over his head trying to save the day. Garfield didn't sell me on that at all, and Holland just feels TOO much of a kid and not heroic enough. Tobey made me believe in both aspects of Spider-Man, even with the mask on.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 are among the all time best superhero movies.

>youtube.com/watch?v=YPf5CvqV4ZI
Toby was the best. ;_;

*To somehow

Toby was an alright Peter, not a great Spider-Man. I love the first 2 movies, but take the nostalgia goggles off

I really hate how they turned Autn May into fucking bimbo in Homecoming.

That's an exaggeration and you know it. You guys act like she was tits out, on dates every night, and a ditzy milf getting plowed by the football team. She's a young Aunt May who still worries about Peter, big fucking deal

Spider Man 2 is one of the best cape movies ever made.

It was a beautiful speech, with white power comes great civilizations

Okay, I'll admit this. Seeing the Green Goblin beat the shit out of Peter in the original film scared me as a kid.

Still the best fight in a superhero movie.

Not denying that, but I can still acknowledge Toby's limitations

The side-characters were all kinda about establishing things about Peter's life, though.

The landlord represented Peter's financial struggles, and struggles maintaining his commitments as Peter and his life as Spider-Man.

The landlord's daughter kinda represented that, despite often feeling all alone and anonymous, there are actually people who acknowledge and appreciate Peter.

Fuck, the scene with him eating the cake is one of my favourites in the movie. Modern cape films have no cake scenes.

>Chris Zylka who was the perfect Flash Thompson

Jesus fuck this. THIS to no end.

Meanwhile all side characters on homecoming except Tony Stark are completelly pointless and baddly written characters

toby will always be peter parker for me, just like the frodo guy will always be frodo and the harry potter guy will always be harry potter. I just can't disassociate characters from the actors

Pajeet Thompson is almost as baffling a casting decision as Jesse Eisenberg Lex Luthor.

>Tobey Maguire as Black Spider in SS2

Toby was the best by far, but I do like Andrew Garfield.

Best girl pic related. Prove me wrong, homos.

To be fair, May is his aunt, not his grandma. She should be around Peter's parents age. I've never understood why she was 90 years old while Peter was 15

I liked Homecoming a lot too. The only thing that really bothered me was Flash, but I can look past that considering the amount of screentime Flash was ever going to get in the MCU.

fpbp

I'm all for a distinct nose, but that thing's a national landmark

FPBP

Why do so many people think garfield's spider-man was the best spidey? Not only he was whiny, but he was an extremely egotistical asshole (especially in ASM2). He was the least Spider-Man of the three