Thanos

Is this series any good?

No, but the Cates issues at least are decent, you just need to know that he doesn't respect any kind of power levels hierarchy.

It's alright. The latest issues have been particularly great, though.

I'm also interested but I absolutely despise current Marvel. There's too much SJW fuckery rather than trying to create decent content but I really enjoyed Gwenpool. I've got my eye on the following series: Black Bolt, Howard the Duck, Punisher(current run), Jeff Lemire's Moon Knight and Wolverine and Old Man Logan.

If that's the case then you'll like it.

Also Ben Reiley's current series.

black bolt is good.

OP here, I also would like to be recommended any other current Marvel title that is good. I don't care about diversity or events, I just want something good to read, better if it's more on the cosmic or weird side and less on the street level side.

Not at all

Moon Knight is decent. I think you might like Marvel Two-In-One. X-Men Grand Design is pretty cool too.

>events
the guardians book was great and it's leading to countdown which is also looking amazing
the runaways book is also fine if you like the characers
peter parker it's also good

How has Venom's ongoings been? I think he works better as a side or a secondary but I really can't see him holding down his own solo series. I haven't really kept up with Venom related stuff since Marvel got rid of Anti-Venom.

>Cosmic
Current Black bolt, will only be 12 issues and had good art
All new guardinas of the galaxy by duggan.
Captain America 695-703

had a decent crossover with x-men blue, but nothing worth the level needed

Iron Fist is secretly great

I'm liking Cates story, but I liked Lemire's run more. Mostly when Deodato was on it. I'd say read all of the issues so far.

Rogue and Gambit is great if you don't mind the "we undercover couples therapy" angle. It works well for them, and the continuity dumps work great in this art style

Spirits of Vengeance was a good standalone story that was pretty weird. One of the few recent stories to get this blatant with Judaeo-Christian mythology. It's marketed as a Ghost Rider story but it's mostly a Hellstrom thing. I'd like for the team behind it to get more work soon.

extremely terrible art after the first few issues

why is Hellstrom wearing a shirt?

New York's stricter public indecency laws.

It's gotten better now they've moved into the future and everything goes.

Ghost Rider Punisher and Silver Surfer with Mjolnir are neat. Old Man Thanos has potential, but he's not done a ton other than exposit so far.

Way too much Thanos wank, and not like with Starlin where he gets wanked like crazy but always ends up shooting himself in the foot on purpose because he's psychologically incapable of letting himself succeed. This just full, Thanos without the IG, punching out a dude with the phoenix force wank.

Deodato is garbage

Counter thought, Thane subconsciously feels he should lose and it was actually a contest of who could lose first.

I agree that a lot of his shit looks bad. But I liked him on Thanos.

No. In my opinion - which counts for nothing - it is awful garbage.
That is even worse than normal garbage.

You are a sick little monkey.

C'mon man, you can't tell me it hasn't been a fun few issues with Cates.

Now the first arc with Lemire, Thanos is dying and Thane wanted to get over on everyone with the PF, eh. It was ok. Just a vessel to transport Thanos comics more than anything.

Why didn't Thane use any of his actual powers and freeze people in that amber energy? Why was his left arm normal and not all black and spiky seething with black energy?

1st arc (Lemire/Deodato)...mediocre.
2nd arc [Lemire/Peralta(?)]...better.
3rd arc (Cates/Shaw)...good so far (only 4 issues out at moment)