Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2xVHaXlczQo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DC is dead

Looks pretty good.

Hi Ladderbro

Neck yourself faggot.
Anyway. Looks alright. I’m interested to see what they do with it

I thought the rock was going to be shazam?

The Rock is Black Adam.

He's going to be Black Adam, the villain.

He's Black Adam

stan pls die already

Can anyone name the kid who plays Billy without looking it up?

Asher something

SAY IT, BILLY!

Adam Caprisia

I hope they dont fuck it up in post production by fucking the color grading.

Sort of expected him to play the good guy with all his protagonist rolls lately, plus he's not even black... except in that GI joe movie.

Looks like absolute shit. When are the rebooting DC?

The Rock was a heel for a while. He knows how to play the bad guy.

They're fine, even if the deal doesn't go through they'll sell WB and DC as a package. Other than JL (which was fucked from the get go) every DCEU film has made money, they're not going to stop

Black Adam isn't the villain in this film and likely won't show up outside of a cameo, they're doing Doctor Sivana

Looks alright, while I would have preferred the classic lighting bolt bitching wont change anything. Hopefully the CGI they'll probably do on it to get the New 52 effect will look good.

antihero

man that hair is fucking perfect

What are some good Shazam comics?

I'm glad, honestly.
Maybe they'll actually introduce Sivana back into the comics now.

so how is this going to fit in with they snyderverse

asher angel I think

selling WB and DC was a screen rant meme article

This might be a much needed defibrillation.

Maybe they'll try to use this as the new launching pad for the entirety of the DCEU, like what Iron Man was for Marvel.

Yeah but I doubt he'll be the mad scientist we're used to considering The Seven Deadly Sins are also set to appear. Moreover, giving Black Adam his own movie just seems dumb

No that would be smart

Mixed feelings about Sivana, it was always going to be hard to avoid a "This is a homage to Superman" vibe in this film, but they've really beaten Luthor to death in the Superman movies.

It's interesting that we've come around to the point where tonally this might be taken as a re-construction of Superman post-Snyder's miserable work.

He was in that issue of Metal Morrison co-wrote and played a big part in Multiversity, but given that Shazam has been completely awol during rebirth and was only on the JL during the New52, it's no surprise he wasn't used. Being a characterfag for unpopular characters is suffering, when will the metal men get their chance to shine? A YA metal men book in the style of their original run would be great

Black Adam, or really anyone's, usage in movies has absolutely zero to do with their current comic book relevance.

user, you shouldn't be a characterfag to begin with. It naturally leads to all sorts of autism which frankly Billyfags get enough of

Whoa Sup Forums is the first to leak the Shazam front outfit? I’m impressed, considering there hasn’t been much factual leaks lately, especially this fast and on Sup Forums

And I didn't say it was, I'm saying their absence is because Billy wasn't allowed outside of the JL book and has been Awol since.

by just starting from Justice League and pretending like everyone LOVES the Justice League

and Harley Quinn for literally NO reason

Lex morphing into more of a corrupt businessman who dabbles in superscience has done enough to separate him from Sivana, I think

I'm not autistic in my love for the metal men, it's just that they're such good damn characters but literally nobody likes them except a few people at DC who try to use them but can't because nobody will buy them

They probably just got some actual DC merchandise and put it on the shelves rather than making their own, it will probably be a background thing rather than something they actually bring up

Metal Men were science heroes from back in the day when grown men with 4th grade educations were writing stories for undereducated 10 yr olds.

Even you average modern grade-schooler has a better idea of how metals work than the Metal Men creators.

You are correct
Who?
Close

I'd actually be super happy if this had nothing to do with the DCEU at all. Assuming it's good (not getting my hopes up at all), it could be a fresh start

>Moreover, giving Black Adam his own movie just seems dumb
Why not? He has the material and he's more interesting than Billy.

yeah maybe

You think that matters? At marvel a big handful of heroes get their powers from radioactivity as the public had no idea what it does. The metal men are great character and have such good personalities, I don't care if the science behind them is rubbish, why would you even care about scientific accuracy of you read capeshit?

Cavill is already confirmed

and there's no such thing as a good DC movie

>Cavil is confirmed
By who?

I don't know, it just seems like there's nothing you couldn't tell through a simple flashback
>Teth Adam is chosen
>Becomes an asshole
>Is banished to the furthest star in the sky
Batman Begins was good

His ass

Metal Men are decent cartoon fodder, where you can have 20' robots turn into human-sized assault rifles because "why not?".
They are pretty rubbishy as a concept for a big budget film, this isn't the 40's anymore.

WB has spent the last 20 years trying to run as far away from that movie as they can.

Looks kind of cheep, I’m sure they’ll fix it up with cgi though, I’m looking forward to this, I just hope Johns doesn’t let Bendis write the comic when this movie is released.

Eh, I mean they did reference it at the end of MoS.

I'm not even asking for a film, just a monthly comic. But even so, when you can have characters like the GotG and Ant-man, why can't you do the metal men? Nearly everything in comics can be done in a way that people will like, the New52 did a decent job at setting them up in a more modern era as rescue bots designed to operate in areas too dangerous to humans, but they're self aware and have distinct personalities

Does a Sup Forumsmrade live near where they’re filming or something? The leaked photo isn’t on any other site

At a basic level, the "science" behind the Metal Men is just as convincing as Wonder Woman spinning a single penny into a suspension bridge.

They are basically just magical toons, and we live in an era where actual robots and sophisticated software algorithms exist and do things in our day-to-day lives.

Assuming they do attempt a Black Adam solo movie, would Doctor Fate make a good adversary? Like Nabu foresaw Adam's dark future, tried to stop him, and the helmet was lost for years

>I don't know, it just seems like there's nothing you couldn't tell through a simple flashback
>teth before meeting SHAZAM
filler
>>Teth Adam is chosen

>filler

>>Becomes an asshole
>fight

>>Is banished to the furthest star in the sky
See it can work

>people cry about dark colors and not having comic accurate costumes
>give them just that
>people continue crying
You really can't win in this game, can you?

Guys, can I get my hopes up?
I know that WB is determined to drag my favorite characters through dirt, but I really like Marvelous Captain Shazam and hope this movie is good.

There was a point where they should have stopped "designing" that costume, and they blew right through it, and just kept adding rubbish to it.

The hell are you talking about? Most people said the costume looks good.

Pretty good. Looks like a smooth transition from the comics.

There's one guy dissing on the costume.
One guy, and you are wetting your panties about it.
Will you man the fuck up already?

They're literally doing the bleeding edge armour in IW, what about that is something they can't do? The metal men are the same.
>Exist in our day to day lives
And the metal men are completely self contained, self aware AI, that doesn't exist in the real world. They're basically the MCU's vision but can shapeshift.
What about them can't be done in a film?

Not even, The Wrap started it

Over the years people always claim that shazam was not a really popular super hero, but everyone just seems to like him, the cast it's awful, another case of race bending.

>Race bending
What? They're not race bending anyone

Sup Forums is EXTREMELY fickle with costumes its ridiculous as demonstrates. It's either "Its boring, too simple" or "Overcomplicated tacticool shit!!!" there's no winning nor in-between

Nanomachines are a scientific possibility.

A walking, talking hunk of lead with a "responso-meter" in the middle of it is just stupid.
Why build a man out of toxic lead? A robot that's retardedly heavy for no real reason? Then put him on a team with 3 other robots that are substantially MORE heavy than he is?
Kid's wont buy it. When the Metal Men were created, paint chips weren't considered bad for you, and people thought the red shit in thermometers was actually Mercury.

Dr Fate's boots in that picture are several steps beyond ridiculous.
There are some good design ideas in that Fate costume, but it's preposterously busy.

He's half black. That makes him blacker than Black Adam.

What are you getting mad at me for?

Comics Adam is probably 40% Kangz.

so they made it a triangle instead of a bolt?

Marvel it's obviously a Hapa.

It's the most recognizable trait of the character design.

It's this shape.

Because you are a cringy little shit who comes on Sup Forums and gets upset that the internets are full of amateur critics and opinionated people?

You need a Fischer-Price computer that simulates a safe-space positive internet experience.
That's why.

the only complaints I see are the peices that are in fact NOT comic accurate still. Why do shills ALWAYS have a confirmation bias? Why not just report back that it's going well?

Power of Shazam from the late 90's early 00's, and the old Fawcett stories have aged great.

sash belt > hard belt

that would be even worse.

Building a suit that's as durable as Ironman's and is able to fly and produce energy projectiles from nanomachines in your blood is not possible, not for a very, very long time, if at all.
>Kids won't buy it
Fucking how? They're fine with a walking tree and a man who was trapped in ice for the better part of a century. Sentient robots who can shapeshift are not something that's so far outside the realm of possibility that kids won't get it. If they can accept something like Transformers, they'll have no problem liking the metal men.

So are we know that:
1. The costume is recognizably Shazam
2. No one has died on-set

So yes, so far it's going well.

>that would be
Are you blind? That's the exact shape on there.
I traced it.

Metal Men aren't robots, they are blobs of metal with sentient little devices inside them, that make the blobs of metal move.
The problem is that the metals are both redundant and poor choices if you were going to make robots that were useful based on materials.

There is a bolt on the triangle

And I'm telling you that you've traced it poorly. There is a third upper portion. It's based on the JLWar logo so it has the three "sections" of the bolt they're just nearly indistinguishable from a poorly rendered triangle.

if it was as you traced it, it would be even worse because that's a fat ugly triangle AND it doesn't have three portions.

More faithful than I expected honestly pleasently surprised.

Thanks

I know, and I I feel it's too fat. but I like the suit all in all. gold bracers on the wrist are too thick and the boots are shit, and I'd have preferred a sash but it's all in all not bad. Not like how flash fans got fucked over at least.

The new52 suit it's horrible, it's just superman+a hoodie.

Prussian jacket, half cape and the sash made him look like royalty, way better

To what? it looks terrible

Like every Superhero movie ever, this will all come down to a writer putting down a good story, and writing an enjoyable hero,
And an actor's ability to take that and sell the character to audiences.

Everything else, the costumes, SFX and backdrops, are purely secondary.

And the transformers are made of shapeshifting, living and programmable metal. What does it matter if the materials aren't realistic, would you rather them be called "titanium nano-weve" or something like that? They chose the names and thus materials because they're common and easy to remember. Again, if people can accept the transformers why can't they accept the metal men?

BIG HANDS!
youtube.com/watch?v=2xVHaXlczQo

Making a science-golem out of Titanium actually makes sense.
Making a robot out of highly poisonous Mercury "becuz liquid at room temperature", when the whole fucking team is completely malleable, is just fucking stupid.

Noice