JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

annual 2

this user has good taste

splitting up all the good white mage spells between Garnet and Eiko was such a bitchmove, tho

>muh Rick and Morty
>muh Black Mirror
>Schiti turns to /m/ series as inspiration for Tony's new armors and stuff
>implying Slott will turn away from OCs

how long must Tonyfans suffer

OIlie you fool

Yo storytimer.
I finished reading O'Neil's novelization of the first arc of Question over the weekend. Solid 7 book, very interesting to see O'Neil build his own Vic from the ground up. Plot is mostly the first arc but with bits of the plastic guns and military renegades arcs.
Only problems were that a lot of the more dramatic moments of the run are gone (no Danny Boy and the buried alive scene gets resolved way differently) and the third act loses a lot of the most interesting characterization in lieu of action thriller stuff with Batman, who also sorta steals the book at the end and not in a good way. Also, there's a very small Tot/Alfred team-up.
So yeah, worth the 4 bucks (and 17 dollars in shipping) I paid for it. And getting to read O'Neil writing Shiva again was like a soothing balm for my troubled soul.

Ah, that's a shame in those parts. But sounds interesting where it could.

Goddang Batman

that sounds like the kind of thing people used to pirate into e-format out of the goodness of their hearts

(early days of ebooks had a lot of that work done)

They really did.

Although you got a few stinkers too.
Like years back I got a pirate version of the Godfather ebook that was literally just summaries of individual scenes from the movie

r-r-r-recap

I really like when they do this, show the same dialogue/scene from two PoVs.

time for small mental breakdown

hey, at least Vic isn't having his live on cable TV

hi thread, i forgot we were back today.

i'm interested in slott's iron man before i drop it like 2 issues in.

you didn't get the lady with a huge vagina subplot!!!

HI user

>you didn't get the lady with a huge vagina subplot!!!

Call me crazy, but I love all of those subplots.
They're just really good filler and help give a sense of passing time and people.

The Johnny Fontane subplot could have been a movie on its own.

inferior to a haunted vagina subplot, obviously

man, quiet night, yeah

it was 60 and sunny here all weekend and today it was 30 and snowed/rained the entire drive home

please go away, winter

el hombre loco...

I keep having to haul plants in and out because it's sunny and 70 and then 40 at night

well, shit

so TNC Cap #1 vs Batman's Wedding on July 4th. Big comic day

money on Batman

I think Batman will have a better sell through rate, but Cap will do better on Diamond charts thanks to retailer incentives and 30 variants

>Batman's Wedding

So, have they figured out who the real Batman is?
Is it Batwing? Batboy, the Gotham Teen? or The Crusader?

>mfw this is 60 pages

dem annuals.

why do people not like that movie shazam costume? it looks like shazam.

i can't think of any comic things to post ab out

GOOD DC EVENTS

INVASION!
One Million
METAL

Forever Evil was pretty damn good.
Just needed more Ocean Master.

I like it.
I like the cast.

Fucking kek.

I remember liking "The Final Night"

Invasion was dogshit, the only good parts were that it gave us LEGION and the Wally/Castro teamup.

Final Night was of surprising consistently high quality, IIRC

i was really excited about the kid from IT being in it but then i found out he wasn't Billy

Was Final Night the one where the sun went out or something and we read it with Legion ?

it was ok.

thinking about dc events has me sad about marvel's though

I think he'll be a good Freddy.
He seems pretty energetic in the cast pics Billy's actor posted

yeah, and Parallax Hal saved the world

Hey OP.

how are you owls

I need to go jogging after this :|

HI

the main event was 4 issues + the Parallax tie in right? it seems harder to fuck up shorter events, plus Final Night had a clear problem presented and no random curveballs or cliffhangers

Hitman had a particularly nice tie-in issue, too, but the event itself was short and sweet

...no shit, Ollie

>He can't outrun an arrow

All the chem profs with the pumped up kicks.

Byam wrote the short BC run that honestly wasn't very good but helped Chuck Dixon ultimately pitch BoP

>Tony
>Fans
They know what they chose.

did we talk about Nicky on ASM yet?

gonna be a masterpiece

To be desu I'm way more interested in Ottley.

>clutching pearl necklace
Something lewd and lascivious is right.

I'm just kind of curious about the whole enterprise in that ASM is such a cash cow, still, that they must think he's got something worth pitching to put him on it even after the full Internet shitshow

Is that Question/GA BatB mini also on the docket?

which Dinah is in current DC canon right now, anyways?

I can add it, I also have the Quarterly

err, I mean, I don't have it but we can read it

I'm not off again until late Friday, sorry

This is something I love about this run as a whole: nothing ever really ends. Characters have massive epiphanies and huge transformations and pop up later, still alive and trying to deal with what they've become. It gives the whole series a feeling of "life goes on" that really helps the setting feel more alive and believable.

I hope/feel like Superior Foes is gonna turn out to have been a good precursor. Now you're hoping that Lieber gets to draw a little. Ottley can keep up a monthly schedule though can't he

now, letters, and what you all came for

WHO'S WHO PAGES

did you see Lieber's Pretzels vs. Wondy commission

ummmm

well, that's one approach

I'm the user who's reading old LoSH right now, and so far I've caught letters from Fabian Nicieza (asking for a LoSH OGN) and a Colleen Doran

FabNic wrote a lot of letters, there's one of his in Infinity Inc., IIRC

>that hurt
>where'd my gun go

Am I wrong in imagining these as cartoon dum dum voices?

thanks for reading

back late Friday

So James Cameron isn't an award winning director in the DCU?

Jesus, exposed mouth Question is a thousand times creepier.

Thanks OP.
Here's Doran asking about the no-kill rules.
I'm guessing that this is the artist, especially since Giffen got a few early gigs for her

Metal suddenly became good for me with the last issue/Wild Hunt

As I said way way back, being on Spider-Man is the only thing that could possibly make him become more hated than he currently is. Except maybe being on Batman.

>all the monkeys

You forgot JLApe.

Yeah, a lot of the problems with more modern events comes from their arbitrarily long lengths and attempts to be surprising because angry readers are engaged readers or whatever bullshit.

Thanks for the storytime! Have a good week!

Grell does a super creepy Question.