Why is the MCU so dark? I thought DCEU was gonna be the dark one

Why is the MCU so dark? I thought DCEU was gonna be the dark one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NE0pC-12kvk
youtube.com/watch?v=bYHn8H9O5Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=xU5GV6zsK1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Name one superhero movie without one tragedy

Spider-man Homecoming

The Original Batman
Iron Man 2
Antman
Green Hornet
Green Lantern
Antboy

Green Lantern.

>Antman
youtu.be/NE0pC-12kvk

You know, it's a real sign of success when an ant's death make me feel more than Superman's

>The Original Batman
batman parents?
>Iron Man 2
who dies?
>Antman
Anthony
>Green Lantern
the entire movie is a tragedy ok.

Marvel has long sold itself on being edgier and more "realistic" than DC. You can debate if they actually are or not, but that's their stated goal.

Then the suits at Warner brothers looked at Marvel's success and said:
>"Oh yeah? Well OUR superhero franchise is gonna be a hundred times darker and edgier and realistic-er!"
And they did and it was terrible.

>destruction caused by the enemy means Superman didn't save anyone

jeeze, I'd for you to read actual comics where Superman intentionally causes damage.

I'm not claiming he didn't save anyone, and yes there are plenty of examples of superman being horrible.

The general public has this preconception of Superman as the ultimate good-guy, the always-right boy scout who saves the day and delivers a happy ending. You can prove them wrong and call them casual, normie, plebeians all you want. But they buy tickets and merchandise so a studio has to consider their opinion to justify a modern special effects budget.

Yet at the same time, DC/WB looked at the MCU and Dark knight's box office and decided all superhero movies had to be dark and gritty with allusions to 9/11.

The absurdity of people cheering "the hero saved us!" as the camera pans over a burned and shattered city is, to me, a perfect representation of Snyder trying to do both and accomplishing neither.

Just cause Uncle Ben’s death wasn’t shown doesn’t mean it didn’t happen

Vulture goes to prison and the life of the nice girl Peter takes to the dance is ruined.

That's a wholesome fkn poster

>Ywn be viciously beaten to death by an associate you thought was dead but was actually captured, experimented on, tortured, mind controlled so he could be sent to assassinate you and your wife in a scheme to infiltrate an organization and develop more enhanced killers
Why even live?

>die in car accident
>footage shows Bucky brutally beat Horward Stark to death then strangled Mrs. Stark to death with his bare hands
>car accident
I realize that was in the 60s or something but from the injuries they should have been able to tell it was murder.

You would think more effort would be put into the autopsy of the world's richest man

The whole mind-controlled-revivified-cyborg plot is convoluted enough that a hydra agent at the coroners office dosen't sound too far fetched.

Yet I also cant help but imagine two mad-men era doctors doing the autopsy:
>"Hey, Mrs. Stark has hand-shaped bruises on her neck!"
>"Guess she must have burned the roast!"
>they both laugh and drop cigarette ashes into the open cadavers.

Or maybe the US doesn't want to publicly announce a top scientist was brutally murdered on US soil.

I shouldn't laugh at that

a car crash

whoah beats me how he didn't go full edgelord

Since they get their hands on the tape we can assume Hydra eventually got involved and ran cover.

I was referring to seeing an old man brutally beaten to death by an old friend
Or any of the other fucked up dark shot in the MCU.

HYDRA could have easily covered it up.

Best scene in the entire MCU?

Gutwrenching

Definitely the best Tony Stark scene in the MCU. RDJ sold Tony's crumbling mental state obscenely well.

The movie itself was a tragedy.

dang.
I like that poster.

>That filename
He didn't really care about his dad.

>Antboy
youtube.com/watch?v=bYHn8H9O5Qk

He didn't get along with him, but he still love his old man and regretted that the last conversation he had with him was an immature argument

Yes he did, he says so himself in the movie that he deeply wishes he could've reconciled with him. And I think generally his father played a *huge* role in the path he took in life.

youtube.com/watch?v=xU5GV6zsK1U

The whole point of the opening of Civil War is about how Tony wished that he said goodbye to his father the last time he saw him. Tony's carrying around a lot of guilt and regret over the deaths of his parents--not to mention the conflicted feelings he still has about his fraught relationship with his father.

Like Cap there was a bedgrudging sense of respect for his intelligence and achievements, and to see him manhandled while his mother is witnessing helplessly the horror of the scene must not have been good for his already complex feelings on their sudden death.

It's not that Tony didn't care for his father. It's that Bucky killing his Mom pushed him over the edge of redemption. Brainwashed or no he was dead to Tony by that point.

Tony Stark is a dumbass who manufactures conflict and crisis. But if I watched somebody murder my parents and they were within arms reach, I'd murder them. Logic be damned.