Final Space Thread

Anybody watching this show with the guy who sounds like Will Forte, Whaddya think about it so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Yco11ZQ0UE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

le bump.

I like the guys hatred for robots
The cat is an edgey Mary Sue(like Knuckles)
I'm not sure about the villain he seems okay, but he needs to wait a good damn second before acting.

The only character I can't stand, and I mean really can't fucking stand is the green alien who is friends with the black girl.

I like it

watched the entire pilot
thought it was good, but I sincerely hope they try to keep this an episodic series, where most of the time it's the MC going to places and trying to do stuff that has no real effect on the entire plot as a whole.
Rick and Morty suffered because it couldn't deliver on this formula and got bogged down with mediocre continuity

The whole arc seems to be okay, but with these characters I don't feel like it's oging to be anything spectacular, especially not with that fucking green eyes alien dude, who was just fucking awful.

when the second ep arrives, I'll see where it goes, but I'm most likely gonna drop the series as soon as something retarded happens

It's on now. I forget what channel TBS is on, so it's nice to catch it on Adult Swim.

the Tarantula dude is an asshole I hope all these TBS cartoons get immediately cancelled

I like the voice work. Nice to hear DiMaggio using his deeper tone even if he isn't a MC.

You faggots better support this show. Its characters are on-model and actually has a budget. Don't fuck this up, Sup Forums.

So the ranger is future black girl?

Writers and storyboarders watched a lot of anime in the 90s.

like what shows?

I don't know why I find Gary getting his arm torn off funny. I think it's when the camera pans back and it's just him screaming while spraying a blood fountain.

Ehh, he mellowed out after this episode. I've got to go save my son!

Just in the pilot I saw outlaw stas.

They to tone down Gary's hyperactivity and kill off the green alien who might have been made annoying on purpose. I hope the whole thing about having 5 season worth of content thought up is not the creator bullshitting.

It's not funny. It's like, really not funny. It's not offensively unfunny, but my face is a fucking stone when I watch this show.

That's called autism, user.

It's awful so far. Supposed to be a comedy and it's not funny. I'd say it failed at its one job.

So if I don't laugh at a show where %90 of the jokes are just supposed to be
"HA DIS GUY HAS A DEEP VOICE BUT HE SAY DUMB THING!"
I'm the autistic one?

Mooncake is for:
__ murder
__ destruction
__ hugs

hugs

also I'm somewhat dissapointed that they change the MC backstory

anyone have a like to tonights episode?

Not him, but I sat through one whole episode on this show. I didn't laugh a single time. The main character is more annoying than anything

I like it
It's fun and even though some jokes don't hit they aren't obnoxiously bad at worst they're kinda "eh"
It's prolly gonna be a (around) 12 episode thing so it might not overstay it's welcome

I'm still 'eh' with it. I don't love it but I'm still interested enough. We'll see if it continues

benis

How did they change it? He was a drifter who lied about being a soldier, blew up some ships and was sentenced to 5 years (rolling) in space.

Yeah, this is right. I actually really liked the preview and was excited about the first airing. I sat through two episodes and it was just miserable. Nothing about it works for me, but the biggest sin is it's just not funny when it tries so hard to be.

In the original pilot on the creator's channel the flashbacks show him as a fully trained soldier. He joined specifically to pick up chicks, but he wasn't a criminal on a prison ship.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Yco11ZQ0UE

Ohhh, I see. Maybe they changed it to fly under the radar of the current hysteria going on.

I enjoy it, I just wished things were played a little more straight. It really could work as a animated space opera, and Gary being the way he is feels quite forced into a narrative that while not original could work if played a little more "seriously."

I think if they ironed out Gary's personality they could have him be the quirky lead of an otherwise serious space opera

It has potential. If they tone down the childish humor and made the protagonist more likable it could turn out decent or even great. Production values are solid and it seems to be heavily serialized, so it's clear that at least some thought went into it.

Ehh I like it better the way it is, adds an interesting dynamic

i hated how little they explain things. like what the fuck is the order of the twelve? when supreme leader went to them he called them the eyes of the universe as if they're some sort of information traders but avocato seemed to use them as a super secret storage facility. it seems counter intuitive to store youre secrets with information mongers. and they temselves seemed to be engaged in some sort of cultish gladiatorial shit

by "pilot" do you mean the pilot or episode one? because the green eyes alien dude wasnt in the pilot and also theres already 3 eps out

I really enjoy it so far and I LOVE Olan

i also love it despite not knowing who olan rogers is

I get that a lot of people hate the multi-eyed guy for being annoying but he's not really that bad... plus he only has about 2.5 minutes of screen time in three episodes so his joke didn't wear thin for me at least

Fuck you i like American Dad. But yeah the rest of the shows look pretty trash. Final space was mediocre as fuck. They need some fucking composers on that shit. Just hearing voices for 90% of the show is annoying as hell.

The show will revolve around how the main character's faux-mature act constantly exacerbates disaster, but he succeeds anyway because he extends trust easily and his put-on theatrics don't interfere with his redeeming traits.
Avocado is gay.
Gary and Quinn's mother are going to get along when they later meet eachother, thereby frustrating Quinn to no end.
Gary's "24/7 CAPTAIN'S LOG" voice will mellow out over the course of the series as the character evolves.

>watching Final Space

You're better off reading some Rex Nihilo for some real Space Madman Kino. It's like if someone smashed the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Star Wars together, but in a great glorious love-in kind of way. Spaceballs meets Firefly. Space Dandy crossed with Captain Stern.

>Its characters are on-model
who the fuck cares with such a terribly bland art style