Hey, it’s Zaheer

Hey, it’s Zaheer.

Glad I caught you at home.

Oh man... i almost got to forget about that cringy filler episode :(

ahahaHAHAHAHAWAHAHahahHaHAHAHAhAHAhAh!!!!!!

GET IT??! IT’S BECAUSE VAATU IS STUCK IN THE TREE!!!

HAhHaHaHAHAHAHAHAWAHaHAH!!!!

SUCK IT Sup Forums, ATLA DOESN’T HAVE A SCENE THAT TOPS THIS!

BASED LEGEND OF KORRA!!!!

>That autism showing.

It's amazing that the seasons of Korra are only 13 episodes long, yet Bryke weren't even able to come up with enough story to fill those.

I'm STILL mad.

That wasn't it. Nickelodeon cut the budget of season 4 down by the amount of a full episode, but still demanded 13 episodes. So the option was either two really low budget episodes or turn one episode into a recap.

But lesbians lol

And yet they waste minutes of Season 1 on a romantic subplot when they didn't even know they were going to get a season 2, waste two episodes of Season 2 on Beginnings, and then do that mid-season recap.

By Season 4 Nick was entirely justified in sticking it to Bryke. They lavished all that advertising and money on Korra, but ratings diminished each season because they pissed off all the old fans and didn't bring in any new ones. Bryke sowed the seeds of their own demise.

I know, I can't believe they wasted time on the one great part of season two, they should have just cut those parts out.

>Avatar in the prime of their life with four elements and 10,000 years of fighting experience versus a mature person who sits around and thinks about Satan with one element and just recently became an Avatar with no pool of experience to draw upon
>The first one is shown having trouble in the fight and then loses.
>I'm STILL mad.
It's kind of funny.

In before they have Legend of Did you Just Assume my Gender, which takes place forty years after LoK but somehow the world's gotten up to post-modern tech.
They somehow manage to have even better ideas than they had for Korra, and waste them even harder than they wasted a lot of good ideas for Korra.
Also whatever Pro Bending is in forty years will take up whole episodes now, instead of just parts of episodes.

Moving it from Saturday morning to Friday night to online-only didn't help. Also no fucking merchandise to recoup the money spent.

I do think Nick's usual ineptitude didn't help, but Bryke didn't uphold their end of the bargain. They promised Nick a New York strip and only gave them ground chuck.

I thought that episode was fine. Not as good as ember island players, but still a fun recap

I'm actually surprised they didn't tie Unalaq to the Red Lotus while all being in service to Vaatu.
10,000 years of darkness sounds like tons of anarchy that they'd enjoy.

>the one great part of season 2
>implying there was any great part except the intrigue around war profiteering and Bolin maybe getting the dick from his futa GF
But Bryke ruined the fuck out of that by putting in the spirit world retcons.

I’ve spent my life trying to defeat Nuktuk and I know just where to find him!

WITH ALL THE-

The Red Lotus being a vast conspiracy that tied all the books of Korra together is just one of many, many ideas the fandom had that wound up being better than what we got.

niggers!

>they didn't tie Unalaq to the Red Lotus
They did, though?

in what way did they?

That was one of the problems with Korra every season's villain was basically stand alone

Zaheer had a little bit in season 4 and Kuvira had a little set up in season 3 but for the most part what happened in a season stayed there

>That's a great story, but it doesn't explain why you tried to take me when I was a kid.
>That was Unalaq's idea.
>What? My uncle was part of the Red Lotus?
>I met your uncle when I was a teenager, after we had both joined the Red Lotus. We learned about Raava and Vaatu, and how Avatar Wan foolishly severed them, disrupting the balance of the world forever.
>If my uncle came up with a plan to abduct me when I was a kid, why wasn't he caught?
>He wasn't with us that night, and he covered up his involvement afterwards.
>So he betrayed you, just like he betrayed me.
>Yes. He allowed me and my friends to remain in prison while he pursued his own selfish goals. Unalaq becoming a Dark Avatar was never part of our mission.

Not him but the red lotus does claim that unalaq was a part of the plan to kidnap korra when she was a child, but then he sold them out and became best friends with spirit satan.
Doesn't make you point any less valid though.

>retroactively made Zaheer related to Unalaq even though Unalaq never mentioned the Red Lotus or Zaheer and Zaheer only mentions it once in a conversation that sounds like forced exposition

ah yes how foolish of me to forget such a deep and important scene to the story

honestly if that is your bar that is pretty low, might as well count Korra hallucinating Amon and Vaatu as well during the 3rd season as well

What other time would it EVER come up?
>Oh btw Korra, I used to be a part of the Red Lotus and was best friends with this guy named Zaheer. But you don't even know what that means lol I swear this isn't bad foreshadowing.
It coming out when it did was the only logical time. Zaheer was being truthful with Korra, and was wasting time so the other Red Lotus members could move into position to take her.

Say what you will about TLOK but I will defend S3 e8-13. Those were some solid episodes, and Korra / Zaheer's talk was a great moment.

yeah but having villains that once met in a cafe isn't an interesting connection or a real story thread

having villains vaguely mentioned they knew each other is about the laziest connection you could possibly build and it adds literally nothing to Zaheer or Unalaq

This might be different if the attempt to kidnap Korra was something that actually happened during the show, but its not, we don't even know that it happened until season 3 and even then we can't get flashbacks to it happening, we don't see Zaheer and Unalaq working together we don't actually see how their interested might have once aliened although misaligned later

Its just a lazy throwback and that was the problem, its not hard to draw even simple connections between villains, Amon could have gotten his power from Unalaq/Vaatu as an attempt to kill Korra, Zaheer's powers could have been something Unalaq/Vaatu intentionally caused in attempt to have the Red Lotus kill Korra, they were able to forge this simple of a connection with Zaheer and Kuvira, since Zaheer's assassination is what leads to Kuvira's rise to power, but the first 3 villain all pretty exist and act complete independently they neither cause nor effect each other in any real way they just all happened to show up one after another to fight the Avatar

>I'm actually surprised they didn't tie Unalaq to the Red Lotus while all being in service to Vaatu.
>They did, though?
>In what way did they?
Well this was what I was originally responding to. I thought it was funny considering, y'know, it was literally stated in-show that Unalaq was an ex-Red Lotus member.

And it's just a neat detail, that makes a lot of sense. And the only natural way for it to come across. It would've been cool if, like, Korra found a Red Lotus tile in Unalaq's apartment during B2 for some very subtle foreshadowing...but it just doesn't make sense. Unalaq isn't a Red Lotus member anymore and Zaheer's in prison. Zaheer and Korra's honest talk was the only time, and fuck I loved their discussion.

I agree it would've been awesome if villains branched between seasons. Maybe squeeze in a Spirit World Zaheer cameo during B2? But I did feel like they learned from their mistakes in B1 where there's nothing, aside from Raiko's appointment, that branches the seasons. But than S2 leaving the spirit portals open -> leads to Zaheer's escape -> leads to power vacuum -> leads to Kuvira's rise.

And I *REALLY* liked how Zaheer came back for B4 to help Korra. It would've been a huge missed opportunity if they didn't, and I wouldn't put it past TLOK to miss an obvious opportunity like this.

yeah but leaving the spirit portals open doesn't really work because its not understood from a logical cause and effect point of view

Korra's choice to leave the spirit gates open seems very random, there was no clear reason behind it and there seemed to be little understanding of what it might cause to happen

because of that the Airbenders returning as a result doesn't feel like choices leading to consequences it just seems random, it doesn't help that no one has an real explanation for what exactly happened or why, I seems to be related to the Spirit World and what happened in season 2 but since literally no one comes even close to understanding what was happening beyond correlation with events, I can't actually be sure if it even had something to do with Korra, was it leaving the gates open?, was it Harmonic Convergence itself, or is it something else entirely and the timing was just similar?

This is again a huge miss by the writers, if Korra had actively made the decision to bring back the Airbenders then it changes her motives alot moving forward, sudden Zaheer and everything he does and everything that follows him is completely Korra's fault because she gave him his powers but since the cause of Airbending returning is a little vague, Korra doesn't need to feel personally responsible for what is happening beyond her general duties as an Avatar to help people

their advertising and generally terrible financial managing of the property is well known. They dropped the baby but didn't want to perform a late abortion so let it hobble it's way into it's grave

Are you MysterousMrEnter

>They lavished all that advertising and money on Korra, but ratings diminished each season because they pissed off all the old fans and didn't bring in any new ones.
Nick switched the show's time slot and airing day like four or five times before finally moving the entire thing online. They bumped the premiere of Season Three up by six weeks with NO announcement and NO advertising. You cannot attract an audience if nobody knows when the show is airing or where.

>sudden Zaheer and everything he does and everything that follows him is completely Korra's fault
The various anonymous boards' wet dream, blame everything on Korra instead of sharing the blame among all the parties involved.