Animation Production ideafagging

1) Post development artwork
2) Talk about production.
3) Talk marketing
4) Let's talk about animated series pitch ideas.
youtube.com/watch?v=WuRkHfW8MaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AmdieHtgAjc

I'd introduce 29 and 44 minute episodic cartoons again, like the Adventures of Tin Tin did, but with a higher budget and smarter use of it.
I'd cater towards educated demographics who care more about quality dialogue and intriguing world design and freeform storytelling exploration rather than just action and on-rails story-driven plots.

At the end of the TV credits I'd have a link to my official website below the credits, always showing.
I'd use the fact that it's animated in Flash to create alternate versions of my cartoon like different color palettes, different soundtracks, anything I can edit without costing me extra money. I'd host them on my website and let the fanbase play around with it.
I'd release the raw files of my cartoons to let the fanbase create content and free publicity.
I'd pay the extra money to have different english voice actors that go from light children voices to deep adult voices.

For the end credits intead of simply scrolling down the names, I'd have pictures of the staff members and even behind the scenes with the team members behind the episodes.
I'd have a marketing campaign where people buy the toy figurines and merchandise to get a chance of entering at an official convention which gives away something nobody else can copy-paste.
As well as a contest for who can make the best and most popular video promoting my franchise.
pastebin.com/SMDR434j

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y2vzBdIejVY
youtube.com/watch?v=97H9sJwj5Pw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=y2vzBdIejVY

bump

bump

>Wanting such intellectual thread on fucking Sup Forums
Here is a pitty (You) mate

What's the matter user, you tried to post some of one day and trolls shitpost your thread down? Don't let it get to you, this place can be cruel but it can also be wonderful. Actual intellectual discussions crop up all the time. I know you are capable, as the logical capacity to bait post isn't something the dull witted attempt. Join the discussion, we could discourse vigorously, and at length.

Here's an idea for producing the actual animation.
Add a filter to to it which adds slight softening, slight film grain and film jitter.
Not those crappy old-timey filters from Movie Maker but subtle film filters, to make it look less digital but still look pretty clean.

Studio Ghibli's productions use this filter and so do Studio Ponoc's productions, OpenToonz has this functionality.

Will it ever stop hurting, bros?

Yeah, I'd really love to move a bit further from the 10-minute format

>idea guys

literally the most worthless thing you could be

> Simpsons cost $75,000,000
> animates like shit

Jesus, did they over pay the Simpsons voice actors or something? What's with the price tag?

In the West most of the staff is jewed with the exception off top billed actors, famous directors, occasionally other famous staff and suits. In nippon tax tricks are different so everyone works like slaves and gets paid like them. Executives get everything unless they have special voice actors

This is stupid and so are you OP
>intellectual
How is this shit thread intellectual?

The Simpson's movie was unquestionably better than 5cm/s, what is the point of this image

A CGI movie typically takes 7 years to produce. A traditionally animated movie; 2 - 3 years.

So $270,000 paid how many people for 2 years? Nah, bullshit.

That picture is most likely misleading I’m assuming

5cm/s is the Japs paying some Koreans to draw some really pretty backgrounds for some limited animation.

Simpsons movie is Americans paying Koreans to do extensive animation against some simple CGI backgrounds.

Somehow that makes some sort of Japan Superior to Yankee Dogs weeb statement.

thanks for repeating part of the original picture's message

Japan pays its animation folks very low wages. Stuff also gets outsourced to South Korea who have been known to outsource to North Korea. Sometimes outsourcing is directly with North Korea.

Koreans are rarely used for anything other than inbetweens
I could only find a couple Korean names on the IMDb page for 5cm

A filter which stops me from seeing the obvious thick outlines? like how video games would play on TV and you didn't actually see each pixelated bit, which would make stuff like waterfalls look good.

By the way, does any animator here know how the hell was this animated? It feels like it was animated in Flash, but instead of tweens it's a super liquidy animation to the point it looks unrealistic and cheap. The timing of the actions is incredibly off.
youtube.com/watch?v=97H9sJwj5Pw

a) imdb often doesn't always list everyone in the credits
and
b) korean animators are very rarely credited

From the looks of it, they probably tried a mix of tweening, frame by frame and possibly even rigging to get this done.

That and it's Chinese, they don't really have much of a sense of timing.

It's still bullshit. There's no way that is reflective of even the wages paid to the people who worked on drawing it, let alone other costs.

All this effort and you use bait for pictures
not only is it but japes will work for fucking pennies in the most fucked cramped and cluttered miserable places you can think off

Do you know what the cost of living is in Japan? $270,000 for a movie is bullshit.

The only movies you will ever find that are made that cheap are terrible indi films, and passion projects made by groups of friends, and in both cases it is because NO-ONE GETS PAID.

I've been thinking lately that computers are a much larger drain on resources and productivity than anyone wants to consider. There's jobs the computer expedites and does better than traditional filmmaking processes (ink and paint, editing, arguably camera) but there is no goddamned reason an animator or storyboarder or a background painter or a production designer or any other person doiing creative drawing work needs to use a computer to do their task. You could get away with making a show or a film with only as many computers as are needed for the people who need them, and not incur the massive costs of everyone having a goddamned macbook with a million different renewable software licenses and a perpetually chugging render farm (how much does pixar spend on electricity per film? does anyone know?) on a huge campus style complex

just do it on paper! it's easier! animation is not really that hard! You only think it is because walt disney kept saying it was