Voltron: Legendary Defender

So with all the stuff around Operation Kuron, how will the Paladins deal with it when the inevitable happens and they'll discover it?

How will current Shiro react to him being...whatever he is? Not to mention Keith reacting to all of this (hoping Krolia will be still around to give her support).

please no shipping

Have a happy pair instead.

>Krolia smaller than McCree
It's shit.

Sadly. Have this instead.

What's the biggest Shiro theory now? Is it still Shiro is a clone?

At this point current Shiro is either a clone, his original body and personality altered, a clone body with the personality of the original Shiro...it's now a complex thing here. Like Gordian Knot levels of complex.

It's still the biggest and most thought out theory, but since the mindscape scene some of us have been bantering around the idea of Shiro's body and soul/lifeforce being split. Kuron is the physical part being puppeted by Haggar, and the soul is what called out to Lance.

don't you tell me how to live my life

What's certain is that the mind of the original Shiro is in the astral plane somehow. The clone theory is the most plausible one because Haggar growing her own Shiro explains why she got a body, though some has speculated that Kuron is the original Shiro with his brain scrambled and Haggar got his body due to some trickery with his arm previously so he was teleported to the Galra during the Zarkon fight.

Alternatively Kuron's body is that of the original Shiro, but his mind is different.

Who's going to DM the D&D session? what's everyone's class going to be?

>Operation Kuron
The name alone suggests the clone theory as the most plausible one desu

Are they really having so much trouble that they can only afford 6 goddamn episodes per season now?

Still true, but Shiro appearing in the mindscape has thrown people off since we expected him to just be somewhere else entirely, like maybe fucking around with Romelle. Not to mention astral plane theory was knocked around after S2, it's just coming back a little different.

>this pic
Kerberos Shiro, Sven, confused Kuron and diet coke please. Wanna try something new.

>current Shiro
You see, he's like this schrodinger's cat, not quite alive and sort of not dead.

>Allura: Ranger
>Shiro: Paladin
>Hunk: Cleric
>Keith: Fighter
>Lance: Wizard?
>Pidge: Rogue

Coran is DM, or maybe Matt.

Don't blame the studio, it's Netflix fucking around. The show was clearly not made for this format.

they're just doing it because the suits think smaller chunks of content sustain hype better than full seasons, regardless of how it fucks with the show's pacing. it has nothing to do with the production chain.

>Shiro is dead and alive simultaneously until any theory is confirmed

I know it's not time for degeneracy posting, but I wanted to say that the stuff last thread about Lance feeding Shiro with Kaltenecker's nutrient enriched milk made me think of Lance as the milkman delivering creamy goodness to Shiro after Keith has left for work. thank you

>until you open the astral plane box
Exactly.

Allura: a ranger named Romelle
Shiro: Paladin (heh)
Lance: Bard
Keith: Barbarian
Hunk: Cleric
Pidge: Wizard
Lotor: The bad guy. They're using D&D to cope with his betrayal

I want Matt to DM!

What is Lotor is completely hair from the neck down and everyday, he just shaves from the neck up to his hairline?

One vaguely defined scene is not certainty

They all entered the mindscape by using their bayards, but Shiro didn't appear until everyone was calling for him and "Shiro" blacked out completely during the whole thing. It's a pretty strong implication and not very vague.

>not realizing TV is meant to be released in weekly episodes to create a slow, sustainable flow of chatter
They're told in 30 minute blocks for a reason. These fuckers have ruined television.

They killed thousands!

>Keith: Barbarian
I hope this means he's going to be wearing skimpy clothes

Tens of thousands, more likely. They've blown up a LOT of ships

He's going to be in a conan-style loincloth, and is going to lean up against Shiro's leg like the fantasy girls in movie covers of the 80s

>Lotor is way older than Sendak

Just imagine him watching a fluffy manbatcat child grow up and become bara, and also become the son Zarkon wish he had.

I bet there was a mixture of jealousy and lust.

>implying
He's going through Galra puberty. His new height is going to make everyone hump his leg, especially Coran.

sorry cablefag but the Netflix jews have already run the math and figured out they can hook people harder with binge watching, this is just Dreamworks being shitty with releasing their content because they do that with almost all their shows. ask anyone keeping up with King Julien how pants-on-head their releases are.

This. It's not Netflix jews, it's Dreamworks jews.

I can understandably get confusing for people when you have different companies and contracts involved, but Netflix themselves are really hands-off with things and for the most part let creators submit content to be released at pre-determined times. We don't know if anything about the Netflix/Dreamworks exclusivity contract has altered that arrangement, but looking at Dreamworks' other releases I'd say not.

It's a certainty that something is wrong with Shiro. It might be Kuron is actually Shiro but his brain is under Haggar influence all the time except when projecting in magic voltron space. It could be real Shiro is locked away someplace in real space and could only reach out when summoned. It could indeed be his mind is detached altogether and only exists in voltron space. It could be any one of those or something else entirely, but it's not a certainty which.

"And to your left, you can see the universe where everything worked out for everybody. Man, don't you wish that were you? Heh. Yeah. Oh. Please stop pounding on the glass. Also, don't cry. It makes everyone respect you less."

Everyone entered the astral plane, only Shiro did not appear. Everyone started calling out to Shiro who only then took appearance. The shape of Shiro in the astral plane was pretty vague, you could tell it was Shiro but you didn't see his features in detail. He was calling out for Lance for something important.

Meanwhile RL Shiro mentioned to Lance that he didn't even remember what happened and specifically that he didn't know anything about calling out to anyone, in fact his memory fo the event is blank and he still has these ' headaches'.

IMO that says enough.

Lance confronts Kuron about it and the show spells out it's not him. If it isn't the original Shiro then Kuron is lying about not remembering for no conceivable reason.

Yeah, Netflix are actually pretty cool as far as companies leaving creators alone goes.

Lotor's gonna try and rip his momma out of that universe with the infinite quintessence pool
It's gonna break everything more

>implying Kova would have liked him
The alternate universe constant is that pussycat hates him.

I wonder how they'll present the DnD episode. Will it be played straight until t he end with reveal, or be upfront about it and have dice roll noises in the background and the DM narrating

I think if Kuron and astral Shiro really are a body and soul split, then their connection is what lets Kuron pilot Black despite having Haggar all up in his brainguts. Maybe his near-death experience at the end of The Journey triggered that same connection, and that's why Black was able to sense him.
If Haggar resurrected Shiro's soulless husk with quintessence, then he's got a lot of weird/possibly corrupted energy floating around inside him as well. It might cause some real shit to go down when the two halves are brought back together.
Then again if all this is true then the cyborg arm really was a red herring all along, what a mindfuck.

Anything notable from the Afterbuzz interview?

His head is full of fuck. He might only be able to remember or think about things Haggar wants him to while she's mindraping him. Could be his soul is chained up by weird dark magic shit and was struggling to even break free of his body to talk to them.

A lot of different possibilities are out there. It's fucking magic interacting with magic, we can't say anything's certain till we know how any of this shit works. We can only be certain that Shiro is real fucked up right now.

Only that Lotor is a 10,000 year old pedophile who got exposed to Jenova as a fetus.

If Kuron is in the original Shiro's body, then I would assume the arm played a role in how Haggar got her hands on the body.

and that he's at least technically telling the truth

Yeah I don't think it's unreasonable that the dude who has amnesia and blackouts and wild mood swings would feel like he's not himself.
Oh yeah true, and it might even be what caused the split in the first place.

>tfw loss.jpg was real

I hate it, I wish series were weekly like in the olden days.

I'm still not over this or that coathanger.jpg was true. This season delivered pretty much everything I wanted.

>not Zarkon's Dream.png
He just wanted to save his family...

>loving husbando Zarkon
>coathanger vs. Lotor
>loss.jpg
this is easily the strongest combo of /vld/ prediction hits

I'll fess up, I thought they would NEVER fucking do it because le edgy personal drama like that would be wildly out of tone, but they just fucking sidestepped it by leaving it up to obvious implication and not delving too deep. Actually pretty fucking smart of them.

I'm still happily bewildered that it actually happened with both of them. It's amazing.

His wife. Lotor came later actually.

What was that?

>the universe where everything worked out for everybody
>The main cast never become voltron paladins
>Hunk is a coward forever
>Lance never learns to grow up and apply himself
>Keith is probably never even born
well not everybody

>The D&D session is Krolia trying to bond with her son

>implying her pregnancy with Lotor isn't what worsened her condition
>implying the Lotor is a rift creature theory isn't correct

Oh, BTW have this too.

Seriously I do hope Keith and Krolia will have at least some parent-child moments (thus resulting in Keith's personality to become more at ease and less of a loner). Wonder if she asks about McCree.

Nah. It will be the punchline at the end of the episode when everyone is told by Keith that she's his mom. Bonus if Lance will try to hit on her.

Also anyone noticed that Krolia, with her youthful looks, would be more like Keith's older sister than his mom.

The former is a good theory, but the latter...we should see in later episodes.

they're teenagers so all that probably happens for them in the normal course of growing up, except on earth with mundane issues instead of in space with aliens.
except for Keith yeah. I wonder what Shiro would do without someone to mentor or his PTSD issues.

>"Killing your dad - that is, your last living relative and the only link to your past - means you're pro-Peace!"

You can just hear the gears in Lotor's head smashing into each other as he tries to process this asinine logic.

He'd be an ultra boring flight instructor or some shit. Some days he'd just lie awake at night staring at the ceiling thinking "My life is perfectly fine...why does this feel wrong?"

paradox of tolerance, mang

>implying Lotor didn't believe this himself
wew lad

More like it was for the greater good. And Lotor wants to turn the Galra Empire into a hegemonic one. AKA: the one that makes others attracted to it and allows for planets to rule themselves while contributing to said empire.

>Lance settles down with Jenny Shaybon and fills her up with babies
>Hunk continues stuffing himself with donuts

I've clearly missed something. What were these theories?

and that's a sad thing, innit?

>Lotor getting along with crazy rift zombie Honerva
Wait this is just another bad end universe isn't it?!

So what do we want for focus episodes next season?
I really want Hunk to get one on his being damn good at engineering. Or really anything that isn't just Balmera and food jokes

Why didn't they give Pidge SOME feminine features? I can't help but think she's a boy half the time

or a happy end? she's "healed" and survives but still bares her scars? Then she and Lotor work together to create renewable, sustainable energy for everyone while she teaches him Altean culture/science/magic. Lotor calms the fuck down and helps his mommy out. Maybe pumps out a few kids with Acxa.

That's a nice thought but they're probably going to mutually destruct somewhere around the finale

>Lance feels like he never achieved some greatness he can't quite define
>becomes an abusive drunk
>all his children hate him and his wife has stockholm
>one night he beats Jenny badly and in horror admits himself to a mental hospital
>He remains too afraid to go back into the real world
>his wife and children never visit
>he's too chickenshit to write an apology
>one day in he decides to end it all and overdoses on medication
>fucks it up and is left a vegetable until the end of his days

>Hunk stops working out and gets morbidly obese
>becomes confined to his bed
>none of his friends still contact him out of embarassment
>never found love but constantly feels like there's someone out there for him he'll never meet while trapped in his disgusting body
>dies from a heart attack, whisper for help with no one around to do so
>the body isn't found for weeks; his home fills with the scent of human filth and broken dreams

If anything, Lotor has more reason to hate Haggar than he did Zarkon.

He does though. He blames Haggar for what his father became, calling him her puppet the whole fight. He just doesn't realize/accept that Haggar is Honerva.

It's still possible that Kuron has OG Shiro as a "spirit" since his personality and memories got copypasted into his mecha arm, and it's sort of a split personality thing. Doesn't really explain why he'd take so long to appear though.

Who hurt you?

Astral Shiro only appeared when the rest of the team called out for him in the mindscape, maybe he just has no idea where the fuck he is or what to do. Maybe he'll start popping up in peoples dreams or something now that he's made contact with them at last.

>Maybe pumps out a few kids with...
>...Acxa.
>mfw I thought you were gonna say Honerva
>mfw the idea got me excited
I...I think I need to leave the internet for a while

This show is gross.

Given how everyone pays so much attention to the Bayards, you'd think one of the Team Voltron crew would notice how big of a red flag this is.

With Zarkon safely out of the way, who's going to be the big bad next season?

The green dudes he and the old Paladins used to fight. Both empires that put them down are pretty much gone so they've got a free shot at Voltron again. This time without all those lackeys getting in the way.

Haggar and Lotor's ex-generals
then Lotor 'betrays' the party by trying to kill possessed Kuron, adding him in as a completely autonomous third party for S7

They were focusing on getting Sam back.

Either Kuron is going to realize he can’t trust himself and go out in a kamikaze, get robeasted, or get integrated with astral Shiro so “real” Shiro will be back.

Thats fucked, user
what about the others?

I think next season will be more about mopping up the remaining Galra who haven't joined Lotor, Project Kuron coming to a head, and Keith returning to the team, and maybe something about the quintessence mutant. I have no idea what they have planned for the finale, there are so many things it could be.

Keith, Pidge, and Shiro all lived happily ever after.

I want the latter to happen. Then it would result in a power-boost and real Shiro getting all of Kuron's memories resulting in him being up-to-date.

At some point, they're going to have to kill Kuron and find a way to pull astral Shiro out of Black

And I really hope Lance does it, to show how he's growing into Alfor's role and doing what the first Red Paladin couldn't bring himself to

>Lotor is going to pilot the Black Lion
> Lotor is going to be the leader of the Voltron
If this happens then I'll be calling the Black lion a slutiest slut until the end of this show.