So what does Sup Forums think of this smug cat

So what does Sup Forums think of this smug cat

Shitty kitty is one of the worst parts of RWBY.

The CG looks like ass, but does the show have at least good writing?

>does the show have at least good writing?

Meh

Miles Luna calls her the most mature member of team RWBY.

Miles also can't count to four. Make of it what you will.

>most mature
>spent 5 seasons running away from her problems
Only Ruby could be considered lest mature.

Oh boi

Well she did have edgelord oc trying to kill her friends

speaking of mature, did rt confirm how long the time gap was between volume 3 and 4? Yang Blake and Weiss have to be 18 by now

It's better than Legend of Korra, for example, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's good yet. It's getting better as it goes along.

Miles Luna also takes too much autism medicine and writes monologues about his RvB self-insert at 3 in the morning, never hold him to his word.

Bland as all hell.

You come for the fight scenes. Writing is second thought to the creators.

>Writing is second thought to the creators.
>second thought
That's being a tad too generous.

>Miles is the head writer of animation at RT
why

Golly, and it only took like what?
5 seasons?
Yeah, that seems like a reasonable time to wait for things to kick off.

Shitty kitty

>season 5
>better

He and Kerry were the only people at RT who could tolerate Monty's shit taste in anime

She'd be a lot more tolerable if the story didn't focus on her so much. I don't care about oppressed furries, I care about the world-threatening battle between the forces of good and evil.

Miles and Kerry had originally agreed upon eight months. Then, when people started to point out plot holes, Miles threw out the baby, with the bathwater, by announcing that he had decided that there are no fixed dates. He said they'd be less plot holes that way.

Good fight sequences also died with Monty. If there's an opportunity to skip a fight sequence, then RT will generally choose to have it happen off screen or just not point the camera in that direction.

>oppressed furries
>Zero examples of any actual oppression or racism

what plot points? There was really nothing established in the time gap apart from Yang turning into a depressed jobber who spent all day sleeping with the curtains closed.

>be oppressed furry
>keeps going on about all the injustice in the world
>constantly runs away from her problems and ditches her friends
>find out she's literally a princess
>she's the only member of her team with a happy, nuclear family
>lives in a giant mansion with guards and servants
>"muh racism, muh night vision"
Literally shitty kitty

That's pretty much most anime in a nutshell. It's hard to care about Shinji Ikari, when God is sending angels down to earth and they want to end the world. It's hard to care about Kirito (Sword Art Online) when hundreds of people are dying in a twisted game, for the pleasure of a mad man.

When Monty gave Miles and Kerry anime homework, the result was as vague and uninspired as the task. That said, smarter men would have just ignored Monty and wrote a story with themes and a plot that fit the concepts of RWBY.

At least some shit actually happened in season 5.

Well, that's the thing. Miles and Kerry can't write and spend more time ret-conning then they do actually building a basic story.

Don't forget the harem of lovers, the fact that people will call her an inspiring hero (by the end of the story) and none of her friends have actually died yet. I mean, she didn't know Pyrra or any of the faceless, nameless students.

>something happened so it's not as shit as people are saying it is
Why do you keep trying to defend season 5

You mean like team ranger sitting around and waiting for the plot to happen? Or Qrow finding out his friends are all dead, which is expected of huntsmen. Or all of the bad guys getting away, apart from Cinder. Who'll probably come back, somehow. Miles' semblance is the power of retcon.

Blake was the only one that had things happen in her story. Making up for the fact that, in the last volume, she didn't have anything happen.

here I am sitting here just waiting for Neo to come back...one day

not happening. She got sucked into a jet turbine on a 747 while floating away.

Every single thing that happens to her is directly her fault. She's had to learn the "stop running away from your problems and trust your friends" lesson FOUR times. She complains about how oppressed her people are and how difficult her life is, but later we find out that she ran away from a lavish and loving home with both parents who are the leaders of their people to join a terrorist organization led by an edgy stalker type.

that's why she grew a pair in season 5 and bitch slapped adam

Also all we've heard is talk about how "oppressed" they are and how much racism there is. We've never actually SEEN any of that aside from the designated jock bullies way back in the first season and even then you can write that off as them just being regular bullies. Miles and Kerry do not understand the concept of show don't tell and the whole production suffers for it.

I feel like if I was Ruby, I'd be disappointed that my team is back together, since RNGR was superior. Nora's more likable than Yang as the energetic powerhouse, and Ren is leagues above Blake as the stoic one, as bland as he is. He's also had a considerably more tragic past than her, and is way less of a bitch about it.

shit character
shit voice
shit show
stop posting rwby on Sup Forums

this.
Based on the theme of racism, rwby would have benefitted from being a more mature rated series just to show how horrible and violent people can be when they're racist. I'm not talking about mortal kombat levels of blood or american history x style curb stomping faunus people, but kid friendly shows more often than not fail to tackle such issues like racism because they can't show the dark side of how brutal it can be

Do you want Miles and Kerry, with all the lack of finese they've shown, to honestly tackle themes of racism, oppression and race warfare?

On second thought, that'd be one hell of a garbage fire and people would stop making excuses for how bad of a writer Miles is. Sure, now I'm on your side.

Just saying it was better than an entire season of walking and five minutes of Ren and Nora’s childhood.

I notice that still leaves Miles' self-insert as the one member of RNGR that we'd be happy without.

why are nora and ren not couple. They do so much dodging around the will they won't they and it would be better if they got it over and done with. Written right it would add stakes to the plot people can identify with.

Stupid and for headpats

Her mother is better

The main team is so unlikable and poorly written that I actually miss spending time with those deuteragonist team orphans. Their backstory was conveyed better (they actually showed, without telling--via flashback, but still), and it makes me wish the show was more about them than the characters they give more attention to.

Maybe it's the fact that they give more attention to those characters that makes them worse.

Replace Jaune with Weiss.
I feel like that would make a good team for her she feels connected to.
Has she ever even interacted with Blake aside from greetings, or noticing she likes books back in volume 1?

You do fucking realize that she barely talks to Nora and Ren and is best friends with Jaune.

So she would feel connected to a team where you take out the one member she likes.

Aside from their initial meeting, I don't think Ruby and Blake have interacted one-on-one at all the entire series.

They've had more interaction one on one in Chibi than the actual show.

This has already been explained countless times so do you really not how that makes Blake's character make sense or are you just parroting something easy to parrot to shit on the character.

>Been airing for 5 Volumes
>Only one was decent
>And it was only because it was the payoff for nearly three years of build up

V3 in an anomaly that was only possible because people justified working 72 hours straight as "for Monty".

I want both Sun and Yang to ditch her and end up with each other.
I know it'll never happen, but I might consider watching again if it does.

Why does the least likable character have the most potential love interests?

A great problem, with the writing of RWBY, is that the characters usually only ever connect one on one. It's almost like the show was built to encourage the excess of shipping. So, regardless of who replaces Jaune, the four-man team would always only ever feel like two combined teams of two characters.

At this point, Chibi is RWBY. I mean, fucking Velvet came back for Chibi; she wouldn't have been out of place in the menagerie plotline and yet she didn't show.

Problem is she's never had a comeuppance for being a dick, everyone is magically understanding and forgiving of everything. Except Jaune, and even then he still let's Ozpin off the hook mostly.

>is that the characters usually only ever connect one on one
That was only really a flaw with Nora and Ren.

Blake didn't talk much to Ruby but she intermediately played off of Yang and Weiss and Ruby in turn also played off Yang and Weiss. Even Jaune has play with multiple characters at a time but not Nora and Ren.

>"We're gonna slow on romance in the show as we don't feel we're adequate enough at properly integrating it into RWBY"
>"Also you probably won't see a lot of characters again because we want to focus on the main cast"
>btdubs here's Blakes 4th love interest

What does her never getting comeuppance have to do with idiots continuing to stupidly nitpick the one aspect of Blakes character that makes sense.

It's a team WE would like better

Cause, they don't know what to do with her character. But, shipping and cliffhangers is the lifeblood of RWBY (and all the merchandise), so if they can't force cliffhangers onto Blake, they'll force shipping.

It's literally down to the character being a waste of space, so she gets all the things that keeps the young teens coming back for more. Hoping that their ship will be proven canon. It's manipulative, but that's business.

Speak for yourself kemosabe.

Because repeating the same mistakes for 5 years is a realistic trait in the real world, but is very boring to watch unless the writing is of the highest calibre.

>Cause, they don't know what to do with her character
>Blake.
>The one character that has had the straightest arc of point a to b of the entire cast.

That wasn't what was being called stupid. The fact that people are still bitching about Blake's backstory was.

Are you talking about the go nowhere plot, where Blake bitches off to her Australian paradise and plays a low stakes game of waiting for the plot to happen? Yeah, straightest arc my ass. The plot only happens because Blake threw a phone off the balcony.

>Are you talking about the go nowhere plot, where Blake bitches off to her Australian paradise and plays a low stakes game of waiting for the plot to happen?
You mean the one where she repeats the mistake she did with Adam and ran away without standing her ground and had the consequences of everything she's done chase her home?

Yeah, I do. And I'd agree with you, if her well-guarded home, being attacked by a motley crew of furries, was consequential. But, it wasn't. It was contrived, but not consequential.

Now that I think about it, Ruby's character kind of sucks too, so I'd want her replaced as well.

It fit the theme of the show when Monty was still alive. "Victory is in a simple soul." But, Rwby's changed a lot; since then. She can't even be called the main character anymore, Jaune is. Jaune saves Qrow, Jaunes saves Weiss, Jaune had the most on-screen interactions with the one who died (Pyrra). Ruby's just kind of there.

>was consequential
Except it was?

For some time now the White Fang have been a major part of Salem's plans on the ground and with Adam taking more and more control of them they've been falling more into her sway. Adam attacking Blake's family was him trying to wave his dick and backfired on him horribly leading to the island of Menegere taking the official stance of fuck that guy and ruining what should have been Adam's smooth transition into leadership.

It was both fairly important to the plot and something that logically followed Blake's many, many fuckups and her situation with Adam.

>She can't even be called the main character anymore, Jaune is
No he's fucking not.Why do retards keep parroting this?

Jaune didn't save Qrow. Jaune just fucking helped carry him and Jaune was explictly the reason why Weiss was stabbed. Not because he is the main character who the plot revolves around but that Cinder saw him as the easiest mark to fuck with.

Also he had the most interactions with the one who died? That is a criteria for you?

You see, that's the contrived part. Menagerie could literally give no fucks, even when the king of furrydom called upon his witless subjects to do something. Only after X amount of time had passed did they suddenly change their minds. Everything that happened in menagerie was only there to pad out the runtime.

You could argue that it lead to Edgy OC being beaten. But, the end result still would have been the same. Yang got the relic, ensuring that the villains would have to flee for their lives.

>Menagerie could literally give no fucks, even when the king of furrydom called upon his witless subjects to do something.
Because the entire point was that they had to realize that no they have to care and do something about it instead of sitting on their asses waiting. They didn't suddenly change their minds their ruler, who was actually relitvely well liked was attacked in the night and had his house burn to ground admittedly lit by his daughter but nobody has to know that.
>But, the end result still would have been the same.
What was Adam doing when Blake stopped him?

She's a redeemed kitty now.

Adam was setting up high explosives when Blake showed up and stopped him. Why does everyone seem to not remember that.

thing is what happens now Yang has the relic? Does she take it to her destination? Does she keep it? Does she get tempted by whatever power's inside and take it for herself? There's a lot that can written in here

If Ruby was the main character, Ruby would have helped carried him away from the nucklavee, she would have used her silver eyes to save Weiss (which was even built up as a parallel to Pyrra's death) and yeah that's a criteria for me. It's apparently also a criteria for Miles and Kerry, that's why they retconned the story so that Ruby apparently had some form of interaction with Pyrra. Even though she didn't.

I wonder why that would be? Maybe it's because the main character is supposed to be the one that goes through the most hardships and comes out as a better character for it? Maybe because the audience is supposed to see all of their growth. Instead, we get to see all the growth that Miles- I mean, Jaune gets to make.

>What was Adam doing when Blake stopped him?
trying to think on the fly when his bomb plot was foiled

Except his bomb plot was never foiled.

Because, it was never used. There's a saying in writing. Don't set up a shotgun, above the fireplace, and then never have it once fire in your story. Shawn of the dead parodied that idea. Cause Edgar Wright is a good director/writer.

I know, that's why the writers set it up like that; to keep you coming back for more. Even though, you've got better things to watch or read or play.

You're right, it wasn't. So, why didn't he blew shit up. Killing Sierra Khan wasn't out of the question So, why does he suddenly give a fuck about excess damage now? When he's so close to victory.

>Because it was never used
Because she fucking showed up talked down most of his forces and knocked him the fuck out.

You're not describing the characteristics of a main character you're describing a character doing three things that you wanted her to do while asking that she have a contrived as fuck power added to her ability.
>I wonder why that would be? Maybe it's because the main character is supposed to be the one that goes through the most hardships and comes out as a better character for it? Maybe because the audience is supposed to see all of their growth.
And again these are not the actual criteria for a main character.

No a main characte is not obligated to go through the most hardships and come out as a better character for it. If you think that's the case you have a world of discovery out there waiting for you.

>Instead, we get to see all the growth that Miles- I mean, Jaune gets to make.
And now you just went full fucking idiot.

Are you one of those people who insists that Ruby should have gotten character development because she's the main character and not because it makes sense?

That doesn't excuse why audiences don't remember the bombs. You don't set something up and not follow through, unless you want to make a bad story.

Because like the rest of the villains he's a psychotic irrational asshole easily distracted by his own emotions and fixated on Blake and hurting Blake and her chad boyfriend.

except it was because they were sabotaged to not detonate and and Adam and his crew were cornered by the faunus lynch squad. Just because he got the bombs placed doesn't mean it wasn't foiled.

>Faunus lynch squad
Who?

The faunus from furry Australia.

>That doesn't excuse why audiences don't remember the bombs.
So because you couldn't remember something a week later they spent several seconds on it's a flaw?

They set it up and then Blake and crew showed up.

All I'm going to say is, please follow the reply chain up and see what is being argued.

Oh for the love of God.

Oh god, the lack of understanding you have is hilariousness. Go on then, tell me why you think Ruby still qualifies as the main character. Entertain me, by blindly stumbling through something that you clearly don't understand.

I'll just go get the popcorn, this shit should be worth it's weight in gold.

that the faunus showed up to oppose the white fang and capture Adam. Did anyone actually watch the episode?

You asked why nobody seems to remember, I explained why. What more do you want from me? Other than to shout me down until I get tired of listening to you. Thereby proving you "right."

Why is it that so often with this series people will fucking make themselves out to look so much more shit at writing.

Keep going up the reply chain. Just keep going.

I'd say it got better than LoK during Season 3

You should use commas more often, they help people to understand the shit you're saying.

I assume you mean "Why is it, that so often with this series, people will fcking make themeselves out to look so much better at writing?"

In which case I say, a trained monkey is better at writing than Miles and Kerry and most people just like to make fun of that fact. I mean, last I checked, a monkey can count past four and Miles can't.

Choose one:
>Gus is grinding on Dead by Daylight
>Burnie bought into his Jobs hype
>Matt is making movies
>Joel invested in gold, beat cancer, tortures younger staff
>Geoff got sober, became a farmer
>Gus

>Go on then, tell me why you think Ruby still qualifies as the main character.
Because she and her team are still the main characters.

Jaune's plots? They're entirely inconsequential to the actual overarching plot of the story. His bullying arc was a filler so Monty could have time to make fight scenes and the character was not fundamentally changed by it except for a few things that honestly would have glossed over anyways.

Pyrrha died? Jaune doesn't have the ability to fight Cinder. He doesn't have the ability to even harm her and his only contribution was having the ability to save his mistake, and that ability was explictly solely for support and only really served to have Weiss save the day.

Ruby is one of the main characters because she's driving force of the series. She is the one actively chasing the bad guys down. She is the one keeping to the main track of closing up the plot. Her family is a heroic linage, her mother was explicitly unique in the setting and she has her abilities. More importantly, the villains are scared of her and remember her. Cinder didn't even remember Jaune's name.

Don't you notice how everything revolves around her?