FLASHPOINT Story Details

Barry Allen travels back in time to prevent the murder of his mother, Nora Allen, resulting in an alternative timeline called “Flashpoint”, ruled by a totalitarian government controlled by Eobard Thawne, the Reverse Flash, who has severed Barry’s connection to the Speed Force. Barry must restore his link to the Speed Force to undo Flashpoint, which was created by Thawne, before it becomes permanent, and in the process learns Thawne murdered his mother and becomes determined to stop him once and for all.

Directors John Daley and Jonathan Goldstein expected to revise the script. Current draft is standalone and features no additional superheroes. Original draft featuring meta-human war scrapped by WB after the failure of JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Ezra Miller, Kiersey Clemons and Billy Crudup set for Barry Allen, Iris West and Henry Allen. Kevin Bacon, Sarah Gadon and Carrie Coon in talks for Eobard Thawne, Caitlin Snow and Nora Allen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zfZTzcDFZ98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What’s the point if there’s no Batdad

This sounds more like a sequle than a standalone movie.

>Flashpoint
>featuring no one else but Flash
Apparently there's no upper limit to WB stupidity

Who cares for literal Comedian 2.0, i want the hottest woman on the planet in clown make-up.

...so flashpoint.

>Caitlin Snow
Please no. Also fuck Flashpoint.

read a comic, you fucking retard

>They're gonna use Flashpoint to reboot the DCEU

>I don't know what I'm talking about
It's 40% of the flashpoint concept but without absolutely anything that made Flashpoint kinda interesting

Which Flashpoint is worse, DECU or TV CW ??
and why

DCEU

Ezra miller as a terrible Barry Allen depiction aside, Jesus fuck, the fact that they're adapting flashpoint says more about the state of flash comics. How does it make sense for a studio to adapt an endgame alternate reality flash story first, before even really establishing the goddamn characters. DCEU is a travesty.

What other solo flash story would you adapt to screen?

They're both awful. Extremely awful, but somehow it's for different reasons.

Depending of the reception of Flashpoint, Warner might make full recast Rebirth movie, followed by an untitled one to set the path for Metal.

this is the worst thing I've ever read, at this point our only hope for DC to sink WB and have them bought by Disney.

>the path for Metal.
you poor fool...

watch me be wrong, DCEU definitely has the poor decision making track record and batwank to want to adapt a work that is somehow both trashy and continuity /reference heavy

Flash of Two Worlds. Let's establish how Barry chose the name and give him something of a support cast in Jay

The guy bleeding on the floor (who used to work for John Polito's character) is the DCEU,
John Polito is the executive board of WB,
JUSTice league was the shovel to the head.
Gabriel Byrne represents the critics
The guy howling in the chair represents non-retarded fans of DC comics.
Flashpoint is the one in the brain.
youtube.com/watch?v=zfZTzcDFZ98

Recall that their second Superman movie was Death of Superman and their first Batman movie was The Dark Knight Returns, and it was one big combined shitfest jamboree. They're retarded.

that sounds really nice. But I wouldn't want to ruin a story like that with ezra miller's barry allen.

I wouldn't ruin a kid's birthday party with Ezra Miller's Flash.

>flashpoint without any of the cool shit

Fucking this I know. Exactly. There are so many great DC stories they could just adapt wholesale, but they have to choose the endgame stories first. It makes no sense.

George Miller at least had the right idea with Tower of Babel / Justice League: Mortal,

You are a good person.

They had 3 of the most familiar superheroes in all of human history, the Flash has been running for seasons on television, Aquaman can be explained in a fucking single line of dialogue. They could have just used the Martian, skipped all the single character movies, and just done New Frontier as a big Avenger-esque movie right out of the gate. Made their billion + and went from there with solo/buddy films.

It would have totally worked. None of them needed a 3rd origin retelling.

I see it. But Polito needs a greater air of incompetence and bafflement to really represent WB. "Why isn't this working? They're iconic characters guys."

Stop being hyperbolic. Just because people don't want to do endgame stories doesn't mean they want origin stories.
There's a whole lot of Batman in between Year One and The Dark Knight Returns. Most Superman stories take place between his crashing and death. Do THAT shit. Do year 3 shit.

>Original draft featuring meta-human war scrapped by WB after the failure of JUSTICE LEAGUE.
Warner are fucking idiots, that sounded like the coolest part

Polito's character has taken over and filled the city management with morons who cannot even speak English, and taken on his ex-boss's henchman as an advisor (Byrne)
His character has literally smacked his most loyal lieutenant from behind on behalf of the guy (Byrne) who's actively sabotaging him, kills his henchmen, lets Byrne lead him into a setup where he and this Jewish grifter that's been plaguing Byrne get into a gunfight, which kills Polito's mobster, then Byrne shoots the Jew.

He's incredibly incompetent.

Source or fake

But does China have the necessary exposure to these iconic superheroes? Surely they will be confused, and how then will WB possibly make their china market money if the chinese are confused by a lack of origin? Think of the chinese children user.

Sure, but all that doesn't come across in a 20s scene. I still like it though.

Do a New Frontier to introduce your Extended Universe cast to EACH OTHER.
None of them need real introductions to the audience. Superman had 5 movies, Batman 7, Wonder Woman had seasons of TV, Flash is a TV character. Aquaman is remembered.

Do a big "come together moment" with the main heroes and the new lesser heroes you want to introduce. SKIP THE FUCKING ORIGIN movie, you can always do flashbacks or introductory credit sequences in later films.
Then post New Frontier, you can tell all the solo stories you want.

Are you implying the Chinese don't have bootlegs of every DC film/show stacked everywhere?
They know who the fuck Superman and Batman and Flash are.

Pretty much this.

My comment is about how WB execs think. Not about how the world actually is.

the little faggot can't even run

Holy shit they're literally copying one of the best Batman the Brave and the Bold episodes I'm fucking dying of laughter.

But if you replace Batman's spot in the story with a de-powered Barry Allen, and have Barry Allen replaced by an Alternate universe Flash, Jay Garrick, then it'd be fucking awesome.

A shame that they terribly cast/wrote Barry. The actor was optimistic as fuck and said he was reading and reading and reading, but clearly, it's all for nothing.

You want a clusterfuck?

Danny DeVito could read every Superman comic ever printed twice, it would not make him a good choice for Clark Kent.

>want
We HAVE a clusterfuck.
What everyone wants is a way out of it.

This. I don't care about celeb stories about actors and what they think about their the characters they were cast as. I care about the end result. Bad casting is bad casting. And while I guess it's not the actor's fault, who honestly gives a shit what they think?

>Simplified story to make The Flash more prominent
>Why don't they make this JL flashpoint?
Which is it?

Nobody
wants
this.

NOBODY.

They'll get the message post-Aquaman.
Believe me.

Look it on the bright side, it will be the worst thing you've ever read only unitl the next DCCU stuff comes out.

You're still doing it. You're still thinking introductions are the same as origin stories.

Samefagging again Ladderbro?

> Nobody want a movie with Flash vs Reverse Flash?
>Nobody want a movie with Bat Negan

People here bitch about the dumbest things.

Nope, I'm sure not.
Homecoming was an introduction without being an origin. I'm simply saying that the individual members of the Justice League never needed an introduction OR an origin movie.

You could introduce Martian Manhunter in the ensemble movie, the same way the MCU has introduced characters in their big ensemble films.

THEN you could do introduction or even origin movies after the fact, with characters like WW that hadn't had one in a very long time.

The budget for Man of Steel would have easily covered New Frontier.

I think they're bitching about their favorite/classic DC characters being utterly butchered to shit in their first big live action outings. As reasonable as any shitfest on Sup Forums.

Superman and Batman have taken plenty of abuse at the hands of the studio, but WB has really done a terrific number on Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman as of late.

Let me rephrase that. modern big budget.

>Thawne
>Dictator
My god, they don't even care anymore do they, can't wait for them to ruin DC's best villain
Also, no way are they doing flashpoint and not having batdad in it, Batman has been in every DCEU movie except MoS because casuals love him, no way they're not putting a fan favourite into this

CW's Flashpoint actually provided an interesting moral dilemma for Barry, but it was too rushed. Should've been at least two episodes.

woah dude, are you the same who is calling ladderbro in every post of dc?

>The actor was optimistic as fuck and said he was reading and reading and reading, but clearly, it's all for nothing.

They're all like that.

>Batman has been in every DCEU movie except MoS

And Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

>Killer Frost

based. Hopefully she's in SS2 as well.

There are no good Barry stories to adapt to the big screen.

This. Regular Flashpoint was kind of undercut by the fact that saving Nora ends up causing Armageddon down the line somehow.

CW Flashpoint meanwhile gives Barry the choice between his current friends and family vs a world where he has his mother and father by none else.

So the cinematic universe is dead?

FUCK YEAH

METAL IS THE GREATEST THING ON THE DECADE

I felt this was too, I don't know why Flash (and the other CW shows, really) feel like they have to rush last season's cliffhanger to a conclusion in a single episode when they usually end up with a few filler episodes later on in the season.

>"First solo movie? BETTER START WITH THE TIME TRAVEL BUTTERFLY EFFECT STORY"
oh God whyyyyy.

Because only a rookie would mess up time they way the comics did.

I believe CW doesn't allow them to stray too much from their formula so as to avoid viewers from dropping the show because "NOT MUH".

I'm taking this all with a grain of salt considering the other amount of "leaks" detiling different stories. But considering the state of the DCEU and the movie's title, this seems like the most likely plot to actually come to fruition. They'll most likely end up using this as an excuse to reboot the series and start over whilst keeping all the stuff people liked in. Probably explains why this is coming out after Shazam and Aquaman, to see how audiences react to those and they can plan the new movies ahead of time based on their reactions.

I'm not looking forward to this movie however, Ezra Miller was my least favorite part of Justice League, and he can't play Flash to save his life. Here's hoping he gets recast.

Okay fair enough. You're not conflating individual stand alones with origins and it's my bad for accusing you of doing so.
I still disagree though, and I'll tell you why. Doing the big team up movie first doesn't work for the same reason a lot of the DCEU stuff hasn't worked; it's blowing your load too early. There's no sense of progression and the non existent.
It's all but impossible to go from stopping the total destruction of the planet in your team up movie to dealing with smaller time supervillains in the follow up stand alone movies. The MCU doesn't do this well, and the scale is so much bigger for DC characters in general that I can't imagine how you'd go from Darkseid to Captain Cold.
The DCEU already suffers from this to the point that Justice League was a wet fart in part because we already did the whole "alien invasion is going to kill everything" in the very first movie.
And that's without even getting into the whole "why doesn't superman help Flash with his bad guys" issue that shared universe stuff gets all the time.

So apparently WB just hates The Rogues. Flashpoint sucks, and using Thawne first movie is kind of stupid

Yeah but why have a movie about alternative timelines, WHEN THE TIMELINE HASN'T BEEN ESTABLISHED.

I mean how long could a movie spend before the time travel to establish the normal time setting? 30minutes? Maybe Flash stops a bank robbery and then hangs out at the precinct once so we can be briefly introduced to our supporting cast?
Maybe they'll make the movie 3 hours long, then we could spend 45min before time travel?

This timeline is already shit.

This is a plot ya do for a sequel. Set it up at least somewhat.
I hate to make it seem like a company war thing by comparing it to MCU, but they have enough sense to set up Infinity Guantlet with 6 years and like 10 movies in-between. WB won't even run the long gamble of TWO MOVIES.

What doesn't make sense is doing a Flash movie where he instantly loses his powers first installment. Then again, none of this makes any goddamn sense. It's not that fucking hard. You do the origin, establish a gang called "The Rogues", they steal tech to even the playing field, and you make the plot an action packed heist move. Sequel you do Grodd, third movie you do Thawne and reveal he was behind Barry getting his powers in the first place

Is it wishful thinking or a fair guess that when a cape movie is a real fuckup, it's due to a corporate higher-up making terrible ideas?

Like the clusterfuck that was X-Men movies for half a decade; or that story that the only reason we got a Green Lantern movie was cause some exec saw Iron Man and went "it was successful cause of the jet planes".

>followed by an untitled one to set the path for Metal.
>Snyder was trying to make Evil Superman
>Studio tells him to fuck off and makes Evil Batmen instead
I’d totally be ok with that but this is all bullshit anyway.

Can we stop with this meme of using comic book arc names, but literally only using the arc name and nothing else from the story?

I'm not asking for a perfect adaption, but at least some semblance would be nice. I'm sick of Marvel doing this, DC doesn't need to hop on this bandwagon too.

Oh my God, they're seriously doing FLASHPOINT as the FIRST Flash Film?
Time travel, reverse-Flash and alternate-universe versions of characters we've never met top INTRODUCE the character.

DC learned literally nothing from the failures of BvS and Justice League. NOTHING.

Why would you even want an accurate telling of Flashpoint?

It was literally the only cool part. They would never have done the storyline in the comics if they hadn't been able to do that stuff.

They're trying ot kill it at this point.
Did Warner Brothers take out an insturance policy on their "sure thing" franchise or something and they're trying to cash in?

They're making this really fucking difficult to be a DC fan.

What's next, the Green Lantern movie will start with Hal Jordan killing everyone?

Pretty sure they're just looking at top selling graphic novels for each character and screaming at the film people DO THAT despite the utter lack of logic to it.

Watchmen is the only movie DC made that was pretty universally regarded as pretty good outside of Wonder Woman.
You cna bey your ass they are going to do "Watchmen vs. the DC Universe," which is what Metal is the lead-up to.

It's the plot to a third movie. Reverse Flash is the sequel.

Doing this int he first movie is a dign of incrtedible desperation and a complete lack of understanding of a) The characters b) Basic storytelling. These guys are supposed to be experts at that second thing.

Kylefaggots would rejoice, since that's the only thing they like about the character (despite being editorially mandated out-of-character bullshit)

I'm right here with you buddy, but every time I bring it up, Sup Forums defends it for some fucking reason, claiming "not everything needs to be like the comics!"... We're not even asking for that, just that they give something a name that doesn't amount to false avertising for a completely different story/product.

I mean hell, Thawne is the ruler in flashpoint? Thawne was killed early on in the comics of Flashpoint. For fuck's sake. They keep doing this too just for recognition or because they think it sounds cool.

I said this too. He needs a solid, low-risk, semi-origin movie. Just enough to get the audience probably introduced. This is too much.

>Kylefaggots would rejoice, since that's the only thing they like about the character (despite being editorially mandated out-of-character bullshit)

Are you fucking retarded? Everybody hates Emerald Twilight. The story barely works 136 issues later with Johns retcons in place. Kyle is great, but nobody argues Hal's downfall was bullshit.

They aren't going to call it Flashpoint, nor use much of Cereal Lords pilot.

Part of the sticking point in getting them to agree was the script and part of the reason for hiring them was that WB wanted people who could do the re-writes themselves.

>What's next, the Green Lantern movie will start with Hal Jordan killing everyone?
T̶h̶e̶y̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶r̶o̶d̶u̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶B̶a̶t̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶ ̶#̶1̶.̶
T̶h̶e̶y̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶J̶o̶k̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶B̶a̶t̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶i̶e̶.̶
They'll do a Batgirl movie before a Batman movie.

...they're planning a standalone Nightwing movie, right?

(DCEU is like a fucking parody of Hollywood executives. It's osmething you'd see on SNL.)

Why not a movie that shows his past in a brief glimpse, his mother getting murdered, and then goes to the accident and a young adult, and then how he's getting used to his powers as the rise of a new supervillan happens (Maybe Mirror master, no one uses mirror master.)

Flash point should not be an introductory movie.

New Frontier is a great story for introducing Hal and Jonn, otherwise it's not really an intro story to the DC universe and a true adaptation to it would only work if the audience is really familiar with the characters - otherwise, for example, Clark's speech on the oceanside base is really not as powerful, for example.

>Yeah but why have a movie about alternative timelines, WHEN THE TIMELINE HASN'T BEEN ESTABLISHED.
Because that scene from Bvs need a new reason to exist or whatever.
>This is a plot ya do for a sequel. Set it up at least somewhat.
Here you go

A New Frontier with a minimized cast and possibly shifted timeline would be the perfect balance of introduction and team action without being a cram fest. Done right it would have been perfect for the execs to get a feel for who polls well with audiences that isn't Bat/Supes and develop movies from there.

Instead, rather than fall this easy formula for millions they somehow fucked up by wanting artistic visions and edgy shock.

Yes

>flashpoint
>without batnegan

It's not hard to figure out why they're doing this.
Johns.

WB is probably planning to use Flashpoint to reset the DCEU timeline.

I would laugh until I puke if they retocn every idiotic Snyder decision into being Reverse Flash pushing somebody or something. Everyfucking time. Just Reverse Flash fucking shit up nonstop.