TFW you realize that Superman is the Ubermensch

>TFW you realize that Superman is the Ubermensch
>TFW you realize that Superman isn't the Ubermensch because he is a moralfag
>TFW you realize that Superman used to be the Ubermensch because he cast off the conventional morality of his time for his own vision of the future.
>TFW you realize that Superman is no longer the Ubermensch because his originally radical morality became boring and conventional, part-way by Superman comics becoming blander and less radical and part-way by American politics becoming more radical and liberal.
The issue when Superman campaigns against or for radical issues such as abortion is when he becomes an Ubermensch again.

Can we be honest here and say Superman is a nerds complete power fantasy and nobody really loves him for his moralfagging or gives a shit about him being a boyscout like they pretend they do

Nah your wrong, mxyzptlk or mad jim jaspers is my power fantasy, i like clark for being a good pure boy

Sure, you want to be a fifth dimensional manlet instead of a good looking country boy who has the best superpowers while you bang lois and punch other aliens through buildings while the whole world cheers and loves you

There are a hundred other heroes that work as power fantasies. That's a given of the genre. Complaining about superheroes having superpowers is like complaining about comedies having humor. Sure. Superman's powerset forms an important part of his appeal and options for storytelling.

But why do people prefer Superman over other characters with equal or better powers?

Either go back to Sup Forums or kys.

I'm not complaining about his Superpowers, I'm saying that's why we love him. Not because of his journalist integrity and Atticus finch gimmick.

Why is Superman a bigger power fantasy than, say, Black Panther or Tony Stark?

>But why do people prefer Superman over other characters with equal or better powers?
Point remains.

>against or for radical issues such as abortion
I'd be happy with an issue either way

He's DC's greatest hero in their universe. He's bulletproof, he can see through womens clothing, he can fly into outer space, a million other things. Sure, Shazam, the flash or martian manhunter or tons of other heroes could BTFO of him but on the Surface he's the one you want ot be.

>nobody really loves him for his moralfagging
But that's wrong Holden.

>>But why do people prefer Superman over other characters with equal or better powers?
Because they don't have the whole package like Supes. Nor the 75 years of content that's been at the forefront of DC. He's mr perfect and we want to be him.

>It's not his powers! I find his alter ego Clark kent just as Interesting!
No you don't

I actually do though.
DCAU really sold me on Clark Kent.
Specifically the episode where he has to work a a detective to get an innocent man out of prison while people think Clark died, or the fact that he's a huge nerd that believes in Santa and even though he's 30 his parents still have to wrap his presents in lead.

Because Stark is literally a mid-tier brain alcoholic, who suffers from ED, has no real friends, gets betrayed all the time, is a greedy asshole who wants to control everything, wants a perpetual state of strife and cannot hold a real, meaningful relationship with a woman. Panther is a black Power Fantasy though.

So you'd watch a Clark Kent animated series if he had no superpowers and he was just a schmuck bumbling journalist horny for an indifferent lois lane and wrote stories about how evil Lex corp was? Don't lie. Nobody would give a shit if he wasn't Superman.

can you even read? how did you even find your way here?

I like the Big Blue Boyscout. You can fuck off back to reading Crossed or whatever it is people like you enjoy.

Zod >>Superman

Every is misunderstanding OP's pic.
He's not saying to accept foreigners. The opposite, actually. He's saying than an American is an American, no matter where they're from. But the important part is that they're AMERICAN.
It's like that Teddy Roosevelt quote about how he will welcome any immigrant but they leave what they were before at the border. America has no room for anything other than Americans. If you immigrate here, you speak English, you like baseball, and you fucking love applepie.
That's how immigration was treated in the old days and that's what Supes is saying here.
Notice that everyone is very American culture? Also notice that's what Supes himself is? He acknowledges his Kyptonian past, but he is nothing but an American.

This Superman would have problems with people creating enclaves where they don't speak English and represent nothing of America. If you wanted to act like you did in your old country, stay there. You're in America, act American.

>Sure, you want to be a fifth dimensional manlet
his girlfriend is pretty hot so why not

>posts punch Nazi threads
>gets butthurt when anti-commie superman gets posted

Cope harder brainlet

Yeah, I bet Superman washes his hands both before AND after attending to his needs. What a weakling.

>Mr mxyzptlk can create his own waifu and unlimited gfs

I know you phrased that idea in the most strawmanny way possible, but that sounds pretty good to me
>it's a "Sup Forums has to misinterpret something very clear in order to justify their bullshit" episode
But Nazis deserve to be punched

Nazis deserve to be gassed. Bunch of homosexual bureaucrat bootlickers

>TFW this thread gets 250+ responses with 200 of which from Sup Forums and Sup Forums

How is that a strawman? That's literally what Clark would be without the larger Superman mythos and if he was just a regular human. Also you're a fag.

user, his gf has reality-warping powers as well...

No woman would date a manlet of their own free will

I lresonally would prefer a show where he's also Suoerman because that's a huge part of his character, but Clark and the Daily Planet crew have great chemistry when they're together on-screen in Stas.

Out of the way hebrew fucking shits

... Hot damn, he WAS in both movies!

Okay, people who have seen The Shape of Water: what did you think of the sex scenes?

The lewdest scene was the one where Elisa explains how his dick comes out

>reporter dealing with his crush on a more experienced colleague AND exposing a massive conspiracy run by a corrupt CEO
>somehow a bad idea
Okay
>Y-YOU'RE A FAG
Oh my, you have skewered me on your rapier wit.

>>somehow a bad idea
If you find the idea of sexually impotent nerds "breaking the big story" you would love daytime soap operas meant for bored housewives. You big gay fag.

>So you'd watch a Clark Kent animated series if he had no superpowers and he was just a schmuck bumbling journalist horny for an indifferent lois lane and wrote stories about how evil Lex corp was?
...Yes? I mean, Tintin exists and he's a reporter.

>you would love daytime soap operas
That's basically what capes are.

Except with aliens and heat vision

What stories are actually good then?

Superman was never supposed to be Ubermensch you dunderhead. In fact he's, purposefully or not, a rebuttal to it. The pre-Superman villainous character in "The Reign of the Superman" was a take on the Nazi version of the Ubermensch, and Superman himself is a heroic character somewhat based on the concept but changed. Rather than being a superior man who can't do everything but does all he can and brings humanity a superior moral code, Superman is an alien who can do everything but does not and abides by a code taught to him by humans.

Stories where he kicks ass. For all season was moralfagging trash.

>But Nazis deserve to be punched

Back to Sup Forums

Staying right here Sup Forumsmblr

But Superman is embodies nearly all of the traits of the Nietzschean Superman from Thus Spake Zarathustra.
He's a goal for humanity to strive for (soon they will join you in the Sun, Kal El)
He's worldly and rejects otherwords
He's a moral figure that creates morality from within

>10 roubles have been placed in your account
As somebody with Asperger's I object to being lumped in with these dipshits

>10 roubles have been placed in your account
>As somebody with Asperger's

>Sup Forumsmblr
Go back to /pol9k/, and take a shower. Your attitude stinks.

Sup Forums is WHITE WAKANDA you nigger fag

jeez stop trying to fit in so hard on an anonymous imageboard. maybe reddit is a better fit for someone like you

I am the leader of the alt right, Sup Forums is my home