All Star Batman & Robin

Why didn't you like it Sup Forums?

Because it was terrible

The amazing art couldn't make up for a trash Batman.

Why do you consider him trash in this one?

He was unnecessarily cruel. Tried to force Dick Grayson to eat a live rat. If Alfred wasn't there only God know what would have went down. Plus that part about the Green Lantern where Batman close to paint a room entirely yellow(pretty smart) but felt it was essential to paint the inside of his mouth as well(WTF).

I liked feminist Wonder Woman, Irish Black Canary and nerfing Superman but if your lead isn't on point your not going to have a good time.

I absolutely love it, but in the same way that I unironically love Manos The Hands of Fate. It's absolute trash, but there's the charming sincerity of someone who has no fucking clue what the hell they're doing pushing forward and doing it anyways.

because Sup Forums wouldn't recognize satire if it slapped them in the dick

>Jim Lee
>amazing art

I have shit taste.

t. Hivemind

For fuck's sake THIS

Batman is actually an insane person in this comic, and I fucking love it. The Green Lantern humiliation scene is probably my favorite part because of how ridiculous the whole scenario is, and how unreasonable he is towards Green Lantern.

I love it with a passion, it makes me sad that we're probably going to see its end, and DC's commitment to exclude issue 10 from every reasonable prized collected edition drives me nuts

>MOOM!!! BAtman is different in this alternate universe!!! WAAAH!!!
you show up in every thread about Batman, it's hilarious. grow up and get some fucking taste

Does it have something to do with All Star Superman?

>Batman is actually an insane person in this comic
I think you mean every comic

They're both part of a planned series of All-Star books that never really came together, but otherwise no

What satire exactly?

a satire of the edgy 90s anti-heroes that Frank Miller was partially responsible for

>All Star Supes is the story of Supes dying days
>All Star Bats is the story of a nutjob Batman
I shudder to think what they were planning for All Star WW and All Star GL

He's definitely more insane than usual.

But I don't hate it. Miller's Batman in that story is a terrible person in this and is out of character, but the entire comic is entertaining.

Plus if you read it in context with all the other Millerverse Batman stuff, plus Miller's Holy Terror (and remember that it was a Batman project before Levitz suggested they not go with it, and let Miller take it to Legendary and do it with analogues) it makes it funnier.

>All Star WW
It was going to be a romantic comedy in the vein of Roman Holiday between Diana and Steve written and drawn by Adam Hughes

The plot is plodding for the first half and the art is trash.

The original intention with All Star Batman was that it was going to be written by Jeph Loeb (he even had a second arc planned with Art Adams involving Man-Bat). But then Loeb bailed for Marvel and so they decided to get Frank Miller, and they decided to use this to continue his Dark Knight universe.

They're generally separate although at one point Morrison believed you could imagine that All Star Batman takes place before All Star Superman, if you wanted. (Obviously you'd have to ignore all the other Millerverse stuff the way the DCU had Year One in continuity but not Dark Knight Returns). But I think in general they're separate universes.

There was going to be an All Star Batgirl by Geoff Johns and JG Jones which never got off the ground (I think Johns is incorporating his ideas for Batgirl for Earth One) and All Star Wonder Woman, which would've been written and drawn by Adam Hughes.

Black canary is sexy as fuck in it also Barbara. Otherwise the story is ass and I hate how much of a dick Batman is. Still a little interested to see where it would’ve went

>ASB with Loeb and Adams
>WW by Hughes
fuck
those would both be so hype, I have chubs thinking about them

Loeb had already written the same story thrice.

And people wonder how this Dick became the Joker

it's a good story though

Even for an elseworlds it was not an interpretation of Batman that I enjoy. If you're going to change him, at least try to do something interesting with it.

When people want to defend shit, they always say it's satire.

"It's supposed to be crap, because it's like, making fun of crap, yeah, that's it. It's not actual crap, just perfectly identical to it."

ASBAR is a very well constructed comic, people just hate it because not muh Batman

Jim Lee used to be pretty good, my underage friend.

no, he was always pretty shit

>lazy "mystery" that makes no sense
>good

Go back to watching Linkara videos, you little shit.

Not really, his art used to have a lot of oomph to it. He stopped trying after Image though.

literally who?

this guy

see

Frank Miller is shitty, idiots who have bad taste notwithstanding just because TDKR was babby's first comic book.

Come on how can you hate THIS?

Because they billed it as DC's answer to the Ultimate Marvel Universe. If they'd just said it was an elseworld where Batman is a nutjob who makes Dick Grayson eat rats in the batcave and that it was supposed to explain how Dick wound up so fucked up in DKSA then I'd have been all for it.

>feminist Wonder Woman
>feminist
Wonder Woman insulting men doesn't make her a feminist.
She's the opposite. She despises every beta males and is completely wet for the alpha male aka Superman. It's closer to a patriarchy narrative.

Same with Black Canary who breaks bones for catcalling. It doesn't make her a strong woman but a maniac.

Everyone is insane in ASBR.
Everyone.

This is a show you really do have to like ironically. It's like a satire and the ridiculous behavior and dialogue is what made it endearing. It was like Ultimate Marvel showed what everyone being a dick was like and Miller said "hold my beer."

>don't paint inside of your mouth yellow
>Green Lantern pulls your intestines out through your throat
Nice going, genius.

>Everyone is insane in ASBR.
Alfred was fine.

>Batman is the human at the table of gods

Supes wasn’t too insane, just kind of a dumbass same as Hal.

When Grant Morrison's involved it's never a separate universe. He intentionally adds details that turn out to be plot points in every other comic book continuity he writes afterwards e.g. Superman's experiment ending up as the Huntsman in Seven Soldiers, or Ragged Robin being Crazy Jane, or Greg Feely working for the organization that injects people with para-personalities to create new versions of agents like Nick Fury in Nick's World and also being King Mob in Outer Church hell who are both also Flex Mentallo while subjected to Ultra-Violet Mentallium which makes him live out entire lives without him remembering who he really is.
You can take almost any Grant Morrison comic and work your way back to every other comic book world he's ever written for.

Yeah but that's with his own work. I think in this case he suggests you can decide if you want All Star Batman to take place before All Star Superman, although all things considered it doesn't seem like he's committed to that idea. He doesn't really make any references to All Star Batman in general (the Batman references usually more about Batman being his friend).

It was awesome. Exposes what limp, unimaginative dross most superhero comics are.

Batman is not only insane and reckless for the first 8 issues, he seems to revel in his insanity and recklessness, then in #9 when Dick nearly kills Hal he realises his mistake and takes responsibility.