Be me

Be me
>Young engineer from a top engineering school (a kind of French Ivy League)
>Take a first graduate job
>Sign €42k (=€3,500/month, which is huge in France)
>Discover at the end of the month the employee contributions to finance national healthcare, retirement and unemployment benefits
>After employee contributions, you earn €33k (=€2,800 which is still good in France)
>Discover income tax at the end of the year
>28k (=€2,350/month) to live, which is really mean in Paris
>Almost no jobs outside Paris
>A 320 sq-ft flat is €1000-1200/month with electricity, water and internet
>Food is €400-500/month
>Transportation is €70/month (just public transports which are good, if you want a car it is around €400/month with gasoline and insurance)
>Discover that you have to pay additional housing tax at the end of the year: €1k
>You can't complain to your boss because he has to add 42% in employer contributions, which makes him pay €60k.
>See your boss pays each year €60k for you, after the state came, you only have €27k, leaving you poor.
>You can't complain because 70% of this country is earning less than €24k, so you are a rich for most people and that without this, you would never had all this free stuff (healthcare, retirement, unemployment benefits).
>Read in press papers article such as "Why are French elite graduate moving to London or USA?
>Everybody votes for cucks like Sanders (left) or for corrupt right establishment.
>See right-wing people wanting to vote for LePen even if she has a shitty economic program.

If you are American, be happy that a communist cuck like Bernie Sanders is not your president. We have the same in France, and we are fucked on economy, security and we are first country on the use of medications for depression in Europe.

> Be american in a southern state
> Make ~45k at govt job
> Insurance and benefits are free or extremely inexpensive (I pay $22 a month for an improved dental and vision plan over the standard free plan)
> Mortgage on an 1800 sq ft house is around $700 a month tax included
> Have two cars, nothing special but both paid off (public transit isn't an option in rural areas)

You don't have to tell me how well I have it. What amazes me is my friends from college who move to big cities to make more on paper, but a lot less when you consider cost of living and quality of life decrease. Plus few of them own their own house; they rent it.

Je sors d'une école d'ingé pourrie mais je gagne 120k aux states, bouge ton cul au lieu de te plaindre sous-merde

Ok but
>Food is €400-500/month

You're either obese or eating out too often

gib h1-b pls

I earn 1500€/month (after all the cuts: pension, insurence, taxes..) and my total monthly expenses (flat, food, transportation...) are around 600€. I live in Prague.
Eat that shit franchfrog.

A first paycheck is what redpills alot of people here too.

Oops, forgot to mention I'm American.

>Be american Software Engineer in Ohio
>Make $6500/month after taxes
>Mortgage is $1000/mo
>Car payment is $400/mo
>Utilities are $200/mo

How many guns do I buy with all this extra money?

>Make 5300/month with job right out of school
>401k 5% matched
>8k health insurance I pay 25% of over the year
>pay $700/month in rent for 700sqft apt in nicest complex in town
>$200 for utilities including 100mb internet

>live in a town of 30k with no one for 25minutes around

If it weren't for that last bit this would be great. At least it keeps property values crazy low so rent is cheap.

be me
>get out of military, broke of course at 23
>college with future redpilled wife for a few years
>4 years out of school now
>student loans paid off, new cars paid for, house 20% paid off
>both good jobs make $80k/year
Live in ND, take home is almost 80% of gross
>cost of living stupid cheap
>have $2000+ extra every month
>23% of our income into retirement
>be rich

You need to move bro

Yeah but your college was "free" and your healthcare is "free" so it's a fair tradeoff.

I'm about to buy a 1200 square foot house + small barn on 10 acres here (selling current one) for 50,000$, property tax is around 1000$ a year. My monthly expenses for food, toiletries, groceries, laundry is about 300$.

Own a car with a 10,000$ stereo system, plenty of guns, a 4 wheeler, and got a fair savings in gold and silver.

I work for myself selling value-added food products.

Murica.

>be as rural as it gets
>make 2600 cucks a month, government job with benefits
>rent is 650 a month for a decent house
>it gets low as 550 in my area
>have to drive two hours to the nearest grocery store to buy food every now and then
The only downside to living in rural canada is that I will die alone.

kys chouineur connard

French education is shit like you wouldn't believe mate

Also healthcare may be "free" but there is a severe lack of manpower in hospitals right now because it pays way better in other countries

Not a bad price for the house and property.

Mine was $265k for 3 acres and 4000 sqft house.

50 gun safes are a pain in the ass to move.

>>Food is €400-500/month

how fucking fat are you jesus christ

Hey man, snails aren't cheap.

Couldn't you just have a garden or pond or some shit and eat all the snails you want?

The French confuse me, the Quebecois even moreso.

All of them. Duh

We don't eat snails though

The Quebecois still confuse me.

How so?

>Make $6500/month after taxes
>Mortgage is $1000/mo
>spending $600/mo

Either pay off your mortgage at a higher rate, or invest/save your disposable income.

If its true, I am looking forward to people under 40k paying no federal taxes.
In my state, keep in mind i do not make anywhere near 40k, a person working full time, 36 hours a week (unpaid lunch) would make just under 40k making 21 dollars an hour.
Right now they would pay 4488 dollars in federal as a single white male cis scum claiming 1.
2400ish for social security, no way out of that POS.
So about 9k in total takes or 25%, keep in mind a tax return would reimburse some of this. I dont think you pay in at 40k.
Under trumps plan a man making 40k would only pay half that. Which is pretty sweet.
Rent around here is 500 a month no utilities for a three bedroom. A cuck box with utilities would be 300-400.
570 for medicare. No way out of that turd either.
And about 1500 for state tax.

>out of military
>student loans
Something doesn't add up here. Were you dishonorably discharged?

France likely has a sales tax on food. Probably reduced from their normal tax but still. Plus things are way more expensive there.

Also while we are making OP want to kill himself.

>Be European
>get offered job in USA paying 60K
>federal taxes are under 3.5K per year because married with a child under 16 who I am able to support myself here, unlike in Europe
>employer pays well over 30K per year in healthcare, dental, vision and life for all of us, I only pay $30 a month for all of this
>no state income tax because fuck living in a state with that
>get matched private pension contributions by employer, thanks boss
>have enough at the end of the month to continuously invest and buy gold

Europe is a mess.

it's not just guns.

ammo, water, food et cetera

exactly. uncle same taking a literal 5th of my very first paycheck a few weeks ago really makes my neurons tingle

CP******
>cheesiest of pizza

gulp

Went to school for 7 years and GI was only good for 4. Was incapacitated due to spinal injury and was medically discharged so could only take partial schooling
Also wife ended up with $30k in loans was about $60k total