So, now that it's going to end, what is the Sup Forums consensus about duggan's run in deadpool?

So, now that it's going to end, what is the Sup Forums consensus about duggan's run in deadpool?

maybe underrated, maybe mediocre, it'll probably be remembered fondly.

first half was good, second one was bad

Great with Posehn, alright with good moments afterwards. Atleast they took into a direction and stuck with it without dumb fake outs and such.

Started good, got worse, and is currently finishing on a high note

Most consistently good Big 2 ongoing of this decade

Loved it when Posehn was still on. Was still reading it after it resumed when Secret Wars was over, but dropped it in a few issues.

Duggan and Posehn understood that Wade wasn't just some lolrandom memespouter. He was a dude who seen some shit and his crazy helps him cope.

Does anyone seriously enjoy the opening arc?

It was great, didn't know it was about to end, i'm gonna have a sad now.

Also, the end is great, and they should feel lucky to have taken him on such a wild and long ride. They basically did the highest point Deadpool has ever been, and one of his lowest point, great job!

dead presidents one? Its bad compared to the stories come after. But when I first read it , I loved seeing some good side characters and some jokes which is not so cringy in a deadpool bok after long time.No white boxes, many badass moments and the arc ended with a dark note.

I was ok with anything other than daniel way.

was the arc where he fought zombie presidents duggan? that was pretty good. i dunno, i stopped reading marvel like half a decade ago because of the constant outpouring of shit

Yeah, and it's the worst arc of his run. Why give up on every book if you still actively enjoy it? Outside of becoming a memer because DA REST OF DACOMPANY BAD

People who can write decent-to-good Deadpool (no particular order):
Fabian Nicieza
Joe Kelly
Gerry Duggan
Rick Remender
Gail Simone

Who am I forgetting?

Bunn is serviceable.

It got better a few issues into it. By the end of the arc they lay off the jokeiness and find their groove.

It takes a dip in quality during World’s Greatest but often is able to hit hard as the first half. That said, the quality is transferred to Duggan’s fantastic Uncanny Avengers run featuring Wade in the cast, and picks back up from Secret Empire through Despicable.

Jonathan Maberry

He loves to write badass deadpool. He tries to include deadpool in his non deadpool books. Deadpool was great in doomwar and all the marvel universe vs series had a nice role for deadpool.

Tom taylor

Deadpool's appearance in "all new wolverine "are really nice.

Christoper hastings

I am sure he can write a good deadpool. Mcninja was actually inspired from deadpool.

It's the shitty store brand version of Kelly's run. It tries very hard to round Deadpool and make some sense of tragedy regarding his character and his fruitless efforts to better himself but none of it is very interesting. As far as Deadpool runs/series it's firmly behind the runs of Kelly, Priest and Simone, Agent X, the two minis (Circle Chase and self-titled) and Cable & Deadpool, firmly above the runs/series of guys like Gischler, Way, Palmiotti and Tieri.

Middle of the road, not great but not terrible, won't be remembered as within a year.

Do I get the trades or omnibus? It's going to cost me more in trades but that omnibus is pretty cheap on Amazon, however, I've heard from numerous sources tell me the binding is pretty shitty. Can any anons confirm?

Hastings' first writing gig for Marvel was Fear Itself: Deadpool which was pretty good. You think he'd be the guy lined up to take over Deadpool given that, Dr. McNinja and Gwenpool (and that series having a great Deadpool guest appearance) but nope, he basically has no work at all lined up from anyone and Deadpool will likely go to some shitty writer or big name one who won't be able to write him for shit.

Robbie Thompson's has been good for the past few issues

Simone was indistinguishable from Nicenzia era deadpool, her taskmaster was better which Agent X was basically tasky-lite. Which is far inferior to parts of Duggan's runs.

Anyone that argues in favor of Kelly's old runs forgets how shitty the art is half the time. The writing can be the best ever and still be a chore to look at.

And cable and deadpool was basically wanking cable the entire time so i'm not sure why you'd argue a series turning deadpool into a glorified guest star as 'superior' to his own series is beyond idiotic.

Duggan pulled his image out of the waypool shithole it was left in, and made him enjoyable to read. He's probably best writer since kelly. Remender's ideas about pool should also be credited since they're the foundation of what duggan used as well, especially dadpool.

The north korean arc alone is better than almost anything anyone has ever done with him, the fact that you could even try to argue otherwise makes me think you didn't even keep up with various series and talking out of your ass.

I dont like his fear itself story. But that time way had a creative control and asked him to add white boxes etc. He was asked to give a silly story as a parody of the event quickly. But his deadpool was nice in longshot short series and that issue in gwenpool.

Duggan's is in no way comparable to Kelly's other than being a 3x longer and 3x less memorable version. To say Duggan's is better than Simone's is patently false too.

>Anyone that argues in favor of Kelly's old runs forgets how shitty the art is half the time.
It wasn't THAT bad. Especially compared to other 90s Marvel interiors.

Was great until the team deadpool stuff when the series renumbered.