Is this the most effective weapon on the MCU?

Is this the most effective weapon on the MCU?
Could this work on thanos?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iSYlxzCHvKg?t=108
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
youtube.com/watch?v=XIdEu9BL8IU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

For both questions just one answer:
Only if the plot requires

>Im am Thanos! The Mad Titan, you cannot simpl---BLUEBLALLEEHHH *is shocked*
I can see it now

Is it an electrical discharge, or is the device activating his pain receptors in his entire nervous system? Either way it seems odd considering Asgardian durability and the fact that he's the god of thunder. But then again, Asgardian biology makes no fucking sense. One minute their tank proof, the next they're dead from sword wounds

but it will just give Thanos lightning powers like it did for Thor.

>God of thunder
>Easily immobilized by electricity
what did disney mean by this

The iron man armor has the same problem in the first movie it shrugs off a tank shell in iron man 3 they seem to be made of tin

He's not the god of lightning

But that was the point in 3.

All of the suits were half-assed and only focused on one specific thing while being shit everywhere else.

It looks more of a pain receptor activator™ like this user says It reminds me of the agony matrix
>The agony matrix is an energy-field-based weapon that Darkseid used against Superman. It directs neural stimulation of every pain receptor in a person, causing unfathomable torture.

This mixed with bullshit Extremis powers. I was more annoyed that AIM could fly the War Machine suit, even hacked it. Did Tony not provide decent software for exclusive use for Rhodey?
He's more like the demigod of lightning

they meant "dude just turn your brain off lmao"

my personal headcanon:

the suits are protected by omni directional repulsor fields, which grant disproportionate durability and strength while also being vulnerable to temperature changes.

the omni directional field is the true secret of the iron man suit and the lack of this field is why the bootleg suits in im2 were such garbage.

to prevent the secret from getting out, the omni directional field is switched off in party mode, and unpiloted suits will self destruct when exposed to severe damage. it's exactly the sort of costly but effective thing tony would do to protect his ip.

It worked against Korg
Korg is a rock
Is electricity good against rocks?
Do rocks feel pain?

Don’t try to find the logic or you will go mad

>don't try to find the logic of it
Why are you here

>effective weapon
it was a flimsy plot device, if we're being generous

Well, it's still a canon weapon.

I didn't mind there was a device to deal with enhanced beings, that's sort of the logical technology to develop in a setting rife with them waving their dicks around, what I found odd was I thought it was a neural inhibitor, as in it blocked electrical signals by absorbing them or something, but the wiki says it just produces electric shocks.

Korg has to have some form of biology. Even Ben Grim has organs

I don't get it why people are so confused by this. The discharger was just as effective on Hulk and Silver Surfer in the comics. It's an op plot device, nothing more.

>can take direct hits from an angry hulk
>dominated by a little gadget

nah.

Well if we’re gonna go there then why do people in the marvelverse still believe in religion? Where’s the logic?

How about we just pretended Thor Ragnarok never happened?

But here on Sakarr...

The only way to not get killed by this thing is to be as far away from it as possible

>ITS NOT A SUIT ITS A VESSEL REEEEEEEE
>zap

>Cross was such a autist that he refused to patent and sell the most dangerous handheld weapon ever conceived
JUST SELL THE GODDAMN SHRINK GUN! It's 100x more terrifying/effective than a shrinking Iron Man knockoff

>a multi colored glue-gun
dear god...

There's people that believe both in aliens and god.
In any case, Thor being real could only mean that the abraham god could be real too, or at least that's what some people may believe.
Shatter people's faith is more hard that you give credit user

There are canon Thor-cults in the MCU

I don't why that won't work on any villain that the mcu heroes had encounter.

What should have happened is that it would take more than one of them to keep him down, like that scene in the hangover

youtu.be/iSYlxzCHvKg?t=108

It would have shown that Thor is a prime Asgardian specimen that they don't effortlessly contain

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

Disney have a boner for shock devices

>But then again, Asgardian biology makes no fucking sense. One minute their tank proof, the next they're dead from sword wounds
As gods it actually makes sense that they would die to epic heroes using swords but would be invulnerable to tank shells. However, this only works for the comics and not the MCU.

Fair is fair Thor lost a lot of his mojo at this point when his hammer was destroyed. He'd later learn he hadn't really lost anything, but he needed a major confidence boost to get back on his feet.

So basically Thor was weak and vulnerable due to psychology which actually did dampen his innate Asgardian abilities. Thor runs on willpower is what I'm saying. He's an electric blue Green Lantern, but the hope kind, so, you know, a Blue Green Lantern.

Nobody steal that concept! It's mine! Nobody else can have it!

Didn't it work on Hulk too? I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as an electric shock, it pretty clearly has something to do with the nervous system as seen with Loki's close up face shots when Thor uses it on him.

>red circle
I hate this thumbnail trend

I expect the minions of an Elder of the Universe to have some shit that's pretty overpowered compared to the average heroes.

>JUST SELL THE GODDAMN SHRINK GUN! It's 100x more terrifying/effective than a shrinking Iron Man knockoff
Cross probably don't want to sell it. He doesn't know how to defend against it, which means he would risk his own safety by selling it. At least with the shrink suit, he would have his own. So it is safe.

How comes the God of Thunder gets electrocuted every movie?

It's a metaphor for the ongoing emasculation of the proud aryan peoples.

Nah, user, maybe because it's funny?

Well heaven and hell are both places you can actually visit so take that atheist

heh, whatever you say Larfleeze.

I just woke up from falling asleep to the director commentary. Decided to give the Doctor Strange one a listen and so far enjoying it so much more.

I thought the suits went down so easily because Extremis' overheating basically made all of those soldiers into Melters

but that's how Gladiator works
or rather, jobs

From what I recall Melter didn't actually have any powers.

Going through the portal sapped his strength. Making him more vulnerable than usual. Throw in the fact he'd lost his hammer and for all intents and purposes, his powers - albeit for psychological reasons - so he was more susceptible to damage.

>in the first movie it shrugs off a tank shell
Is this some sort of retarded meme?
The tank fires at him once, and misses him.
He gets dropped out of the sky by a small air-burst SAM, climbs up, the tank misses him, he hits it with his tiny missile and it explodes..
youtube.com/watch?v=XIdEu9BL8IU

Jesus Christ.

the way Sup Forums talks about MCU it's clear they haven't watch any of the films before 2012 or at least have never revisited them. Minutes after that scene two fighter jets grief him so bad that he has to call for help. There was no level spike in the suit just people not remembering anything. As to Thor and the taser as already stated he thought he lost all his powers and was just weaker. As to the death of Asgardian's, they didn't get killed by any swords, they were manifested blades from out of no where magic that had bullet speed and were even reference once as god killers.
Now I'm really understanding why films feel they have to hand hold audiences really bad.

But the movie was fucking amazing

Yellowjacket's shrink gun

>Tony not provide decent software for exclusive use for Rhodey?
I think its implied that they take put their own software in there after Hammer fucked around with it. Then again I could just be ignoring something they said in IM3.

This, the guy sounded smart enough not to Stark himself.

I like it.

Its this just how the comic works, didn't he have almost the same journy but in reverse in the comics?

It was a comic thing?

Iron Man was kino as fuck. What went wrong with MCU?

Seems the best compromise yeah.

>Elder of the Universe
Huh?

Makes sense I guess.

Just be glade he didn't ask if it was a scar.

How new are you?

A Sword thrust by an Asgardian is obviously very fucking strong.

>I think its implied that they take put their own software in there after Hammer fucked around with it.

Actually, it's stated in the film that AIM did the refit of the War Machine Mark II into the Iron Patriot, so they probably installed a backdoor into Tony's software (Killian is about as Smart as Stark, as it were)

I knew there was something I missed, also what happened to AIM?

Are they still out there? Who is the leader? Would Killian really have all his staff in one place to get iced by IM? I would have only one or two high ranked people there the rest working on other projects, because I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Like who does that, what happens if any part of the plan fails what is the backup plan?