Toonami Ratings for 3/3/18

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for summer 2018. There will be a sneak peek panel April 6 2018 at C2E2

The replacement for Outlaw Star should be announced on this weeks preflight, if not earlier.

Last weeks ratings were actually some of the best we have seen in a few months. This week, Super and Kai actually did really well, which bled over into Black Clover a little bit. But after that everything else was at their typical lows. By the time Jojo starts, nearly 50% of the audience is already gone.

10:30 Dragon Ball Super 1155 0.50
11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 1030 0.46
11:30 Black Clover 708 0.32
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 596 0.28
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 558 0.27
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 507 0.24
1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 479 0.22
2:00a Outlaw Star 411 0.20
2:30a Space Dandy (r) 351 0.16
3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 367 0.19
3:30a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (r) 337 0.17

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ohVoTgWfvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I miss Ryukofag

>almost died

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Don't worry, I'm still here, and I'm going to remind you every week that One Piece is the best selling comic book of all time, WORLDWIDE!

that's why i've been watching the new ones ever since he decided we didn't want to watch it anymore.

Current Series End Dates (accounting for marathons):
Dragon Ball Super - November 16, 2019
Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters - June 23, 2018
Black Clover - January 19, 2019
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders - August 11, 2018
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - April 21, 2018
Hunter X Hunter - June 29, 2019
Naruto: Shippuden - December 7, 2024
Outlaw Star - March 17, 2018
Space Dandy - August 4, 2018
Cowboy Bebop - March 31, 2018
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - May 12, 2018

Alright boys, we will probably be discussing the new show in this thread. Time to place your final bets on what turd Demarco will disappoint us with this time

Ghoul S3

That's not even premiering in Japan until April.

That's replacing IBO

I sure as fuck hope this is wrong. As if we don't have enough boring space politics drama on the lineup

I heard a new Tenchi anime is getting dubbed. I haven't kept up with Tenchi for years, so can someone fill me in on what it is? Is it a continuation, an AU, or a spin-off?

I think they are just 5 minute shorts

How long until Boruto joins?

When they finish dubbing Shippuden.

It's actually already been partially leaked. The dub cast reveal panel for Re:Zero made an implication people will be able to watch it before the BDs drop, but when asked if they meant the Funi stream, the answer given was it would be somewhere else

Not even doomsaying by saying this, but Toonami will likely legitimately be dead before Viz gets the ball rolling on the dub. Doesn't help that they have a massive backlog still of Shitpudding episode to finish

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Doesn't help that they have a massive backlog still of Shitpudding episode to finish
Super and Kai are able to run concurrently, Super even having its timeslot before Kai. "Chronology" does not and should not affect real-world TV schedules.

And if they could even drop Shippuden, they're under no obligation to finish a longrunner, see One Piece.

About 3 months away now from the announcement of Fairy Tail joining Toonami. What have you done to prepare?

Did you even fucking read what anyone typed? No one gives a shit what Toonami is doing. Toonami can't air shit without a dub, and from what we all can see, Viz isn't starting the Boruto dub until they finish dubbing Shitpudding

I've created a Fairy Tail folder in anticipation.

Source?

I have 9 bottles of fine Scotch. It might be enough to last an episode.

What is with the Tenchi resurgence going on right now? A new anime is getting dubbed years after it came out in Japan, and after 20 years the True Tenchi novels have finally been licensed in english. Not that I'm complaining. Tenchi has always been a favorite of mine.

We all do.

One piece.

You've just been hired to work on Toonami. You can do whatever you want with the rerun slots. What do you do?

Gut the block altogether and just air Rick and Morty reruns to maximize my income

Thank you based Katakuri

Run nothing but cute girls doing cute things in Japanese with no subtitles.

>No one gives a shit what Toonami is doing
Then get out of the toonami thread.

If I can't secure 3 new to Toonami shows, I clip off each slot I couldn't find a show for. No reason to bother with slots for reruns

>people discussing the lack of a Boruto dub stopping it from airing
>you come in and start yapping about One Piece and DBZ like a retard despite it having nothing to do with the current topic

Use those slots to try something other than battle shonen. See how well a shoujo or comedy could do.

How long until Toonami jumps on the isekai bandwagon?

Between now and Saturday it actually hopped in in 2013 with SAO

>after 20 years the True Tenchi novels have finally been licensed in english
The Shin Tenchi novels got licensed? What publisher was crazy enough to license it?

>Looking forward to another good AS prank for April Fools
>look at calendar
>April Fools is on Sunday
>meaning instead of something funny on AS it will be some stupid bullshit on Toonami no one will care about
Just thought I'd drop by to tell you all to go fuck yourself for ruining April Fools this year. Why AS continues to allows this cancer to air on their channel is beyond me

Adult Swim's April Fools shit has been terrible for a while. They should stop doing it.

What was the point of getting rid of One Piece if they were going to have so many rerun slots? Do the reruns get better ratings than One Piece did?

The reruns are in the dead hours, and most likely will be cut off when the rerun catalog dries up. They needed to trim down on the long shit and OP was the longest, most expensive and least performing. The choice was easy

Exactly the kind of response I'd expect from humorless Toonami retards

The new show is a bunch of 5 minute shorts like the other user said. It might get edited together to be full length episodes though. It is directed by Negishi who directed Universe. From what I remember it is an AU but it could fit with the Universe canon. Negishi even said the plot was originally intended for a third In Love movie.

Replace all reruns with To Love-ru.

In other news, Toonami Asia is dead.

Re:Zero is actually good though. Meaning there's no way Demarco would touch it

>Re:Zero is actually good though
Nice joke.

Who cares? None of the international ones have anything to do with the real Toonami. Why are people so fascinated with shit that has no effect on them?

I wish.

Whoops, forgot I'm in a Toonami thread where Jojo and Super are considered bastions of quality content

Re:Zero is Jojo or Super tier. It's awful.

It's got cute waifus, which automatically makes it superior

>It's got cute waifus
Rem is the only girl of worth. Hell, she's the only good character. Everyone else is shit.

Still can't be any worse than our current shit lineup

>Black Clover

More like Black Hole because that's where the ratings went

Just because it isn't worse doesn't make it better.

So cat tats actually did make a difference. Imagine if they'd actually promoted it as a "never before aired on Toonami" episode.

Better check your glasses, Jojo is where the ratings nosedived

We have to take what we can get. We can't just do whatever and make things better

So just making this clear, the only reason Toonami isn't cancel again is because of FLCL?

I think they are just to prideful to cancel it. The ratings are shit, but the block keeps getting longer. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a separate Toonami channel just so they could go on about how well it is doing.

>5 minute shorts
I don't really like the sounds of this. Thanks for the info though.

That and Super. When AS does start trimming Toonami back after FLCL bombs, they will still probably make some generic TOM bumps for an hour of Super every week

>entire channel
Their pride can't exceed their budget. And they are barely keeping the current disaster above the water. This guy is probably right. Toonami won't ever be cancelled fully, but they will puppet it's corpse around with Super and their catalog reruns

Ai is great so don't be put off by the episode length. It is a true return to form for the franchise after years of Kajishima shitting all over.

who's ready for the new show

>keeps getting longer
Yea for reruns. For a bit it seemed like the BC extension was for something new, but that was just an early Lupin replacement. When they can actually afford to extend for new content is when that should be brought up

>I wouldn't be surprised if we got a separate Toonami channel just so they could go on about how well it is doing.
There's not going to be another dedicated anime channel ever when anime was like the first thing to embrace streaming as a means of lessening the time between Japanese and international release

Waiting with cautious optimism. We got burned bad last time

It's either gonna be Re:Zero (dub cast was announced recently) or another shitty rerun. Demarco will only pick flavor of the month.

I'm still hoping they'll pull an ASA and add in mustaches or farting noises.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ohVoTgWfvI

>real toonami
As if we're any better.

I honestly have no idea what it could be. Demarco doesn't give hints anymore.

>Toonami channel
That's just idiocy. They wouldn't be able to afford programming for a whole channel.

>12 hours of dragon ball
>12 hours of naruto

>Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Dragon Ball movies, Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Ball Super. Naruto, Naruto Shippuden, Naruto movies, Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals, Boruto.
That honestly enough to hold a whole channel.

Reruns are free.

>something actually funny
They will do a le epic Reddit and Meme prank like last year because of how pissed everyone got

ReZero's month was quite some time ago though

Which is why they will probably get it. Demarco can't get current hits anymore since someone else always snaps them up first

If they pick up One Piece again and rerun Bleach they would have more than enough content for a channel.

So, how long til Nardo's dead?

This. It may actually do them well. It's popular, but not so popular everyone has already seen/been spoiled on it

Spoiler for the end of this HxH arc. Don't open.

>One Piece: 12AM-5:30AM
>Bleach: 6AM-11:30AM
>Naruto: 12PM-5:30PM
>Dragon Ball: 6PM-11:30PM
Sprinkle in some other reruns throughout the week and continue to air new episodes on Saturday. A Toonami channel is a terrible idea but they could certainly fill the schedule.

How long til best boy's on the block?

When does the Major /ss/?

I really don't think you are understanding the issue. Amount of content is not the issue. It's the price it would take to license all this trash for 24/7 airing.

How about a streaming app?

Yea I'm sure it will have no issues getting absolutely raped by the better, more established streams

Why would anyone use a Toonami streaming app over Crunchyroll or any other streaming service app? They will have bigger and better catalogs.

This Saturday.

Here's last week:

10:30 Dragon Ball Super 1039 0.51
11:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 927 0.44
11:30 Black Clover 730 0.34
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 618 0.27
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 525 0.26
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 501 0.27
1:30a Naruto: Shippuden 543 0.27
2:00a Outlaw Star 420 0.21
2:30a Space Dandy (r) 371 0.18
3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 395 0.19
3:30a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (r) 360 0.18

Look at that, an hour with 1 million plus for once! And, breaking the 2 week trend, HxH beat Naruto again. All that said, I wonder what caused the brief Naruto trend, anyway? Given how Jojo's been doing, are we even going to get Part 4 or should he cut his losses?

In other news, Would Vegeta make a good GoD or does he care too much about his family to ever leave?

If we still got IBO back after it flopped, I don't see why not JoJo gets part 4.

Bobobo
Cyborg 009
G Gundam
Thundercats (the original one)

This is Jojo's third chance to prove itself though. Eventually his bosses are gonna step in and tell him to stop wasting their money on failures