>in church like an hour and a half before service
>sitting near the entrance reading my bible
>old lady comes in and pats me on the knee
>"Good for you. For doing the bible here."

So that's how pic related feels.

Other urls found in this thread:

exposingtheelca.com/exposed-blog/idolatry-in-the-elca-christ-sophia-mass
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She congratulated you for showing interest in religion instead of doing drugs and having shitty sex you massive sperg

She was congratulating you on reading that specific book. Look at the context around yourself sometime user.

Where im from churches are dying left and right. She's probably happy that you still give a damn.

>So that's how pic related feels.

Looks like OP's not the one missing the point here.

are you dense - are you retarded?

she obviously perceives the Bible as being the most integral foundation stone to the Christian life, in that it is God's very revelation of Himself to mankind, and through the Scripture one may find how to have peace with Him and know The Lord's will

now she may have misunderstood your motivation in reading such a work, and in assuming you were serious about the faith and searching God's inspired word rather than simply killing time; her approbation was misplaced - but for you not to understand this rather rudimentary facet of Christian life seems the product of wilful ignorance rather than naivete and you should be ashamed

the point is that you're smug little fucks who feel the need to look down on someone who is only trying to be nice to you and give some positive reinforcement

>old lady is happy you're in church and not some r/atheism dickhead
>this is a bad thing

I mostly do my Bible study with Hugo and Jake.

>the most integral foundation stone to the Christian life, in that it is God's very revelation of Himself to mankind, and through the Scripture one may find how to have peace with Him and know The Lord's will

I share this sentiment, and I am indeed serious about my faith and not "simply killing time". You misunderstand. You sorely misunderstand. The encouragement was appreciated, it really was. Just an interesting experience. I apologize if I implied something offputting.

>an hour and a half before service

the fuck?

Oh, well then you're forgiven

>You misunderstand. You sorely misunderstand.

it seems i do, having inferred from your pic in the OP that you were relating more to the character of Huey whomst is notorious for an acerbic cynicism indicative of a dark antipathy for most everyone around him

Let us pray the Pimp's Prayer.

What are you?
Some kind of Catholic?
Fuck outta here, papist scum!

Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch, and guide my pimp hand and make it STRONG, Lord! So that she might learn...a ho's place. Amen.
nice holy trips

>this entire thread

american proddies are fucking wild

t. not a burgerclap

Hasn't the Lutheran church gone full "God is actually a woman and Jesus was transgender" now?
Had to find the article:
exposingtheelca.com/exposed-blog/idolatry-in-the-elca-christ-sophia-mass

Couldn't find the other one I 'd seen.
But yeah, the ECLA in California has even changed the Nicene Creed because God is a woman and Jesus is her daughter and IDK what the hell they did to Mary.

I find it weird that there are unironic christians on this website now. Contrarianism is one hell of a drug I suppose.

If God is a woman how would her pussy feel?

*tips mitre*

Godly

This. Sup Forums is literally internet Sodom and Gomorrah.

So who's Lot, and who's Lot's wife?

I don't think it's so weird. Just stay respectful and keep away from super degenerate threads that feature loli shit among other things.

>super degenerate

I hate to break this to you, but the very fact that you're even on an internet board dedicated to children's programming is enough to make you a degenerate, user.

technically speaking from the christian perspective, all mankind is by nature and intention; 'degenerate' - having rebelled against their Creator and His purpose for their lives

the christian is someone who has been given an insight into their own wretched state through a direct intervention from God Himself, enabling them and empowering them to turn from their self-determination which leads to destruction, 'regenerating' them and giving life to those who were once spiritually dead

it shouldn't shock anyone that where vast hordes of broken unregenerates cluster, you'll find christians seeking to share the good news that saved them

Christians are huge fucking nerds and half of them are faggots. Is it really so strange?

Instant death, if the word is to be believed. God isn't healthy to be around.

This. Chtistianity often attracts addicts.

>You misunderstand. You sorely misunderstand.
Or you know, that was the context of the image you posted...

The Bible actually has some interesting stories. Turns out David, the same David that killed Goliath, ended up being a huge sloot when he became king.

True but I want to believe there are layers of degeneracy and there's one layer you simply shouldn't dare to cross.

Churchs start dying and all around me morals are getting lost on all fronts, I just finally started to accept religion. I now understand why people have become shit at this point.

convincing yourself the world is shit to justify your sense of religious moral superiority is not the same thing as things actually being shit

It's funny when I see Christians decrying polygamy when pretty much every major figure except jesus had multiple wives or mistresses at once.

This user: Is most correct on the notion of degeneracy in the Bible.
The problem with Humanity is that God originally made them perfect: they didn't need to eat, sleep, breathe, they felt no pain, and all they had to do was exist at the moment as God would guide and educate them to be as equals to them- a companion, as unlike all of their other companions Humanity possesses free will.

But then apple, eden, eve, etc.. All that shit happens and we fast forward and we're basically as far as our factory-setting perfection as possible, according to Christian mythos: we're impossibly inbred, no better than animals at this point, and the REASON you get evaporated or instantly die upon looking at God is because to witness and be infront of God is to have all your impurities cleansed, so in the spiritual sense: there is so little left of you that's pure, that looking at God's cleansing image is enough to completely destroy you.

That isn't to say people aren't 'good' or that they can't be 'good', God's angle at the moment is trying to establish a personal relationship and accord with Humans on an individual spiritual basis so they can develop mature, complex, beings so when they get to the after life they aren't fucking obliterated and cease to exist.
Lots of people have the misconception that Heaven and Hell are 'places' when really they aren't, they're metaphors and analogies to describe the state of your soul and connection to God: Hell is what it's "like" to be deprived of God, to spiritually suffer not because you did 'evil', but because there's nothing to YOU beyond your physical wants and desires, your attachment is EVIL, you're PETTY and VAPID and there's nothing complex about you so you suffer; being unable to comprehend or elevate your spiritual equity.

Or not being as shitty as everyone else

and in every single case of polygamy in the OT we see it causing division and strife, which even now disturbs the world

L2Bible

But muh Boomers!

>in church like an hour and a half before service
>in church

Are you in middle school?