Do you prefer his webbing to be his superpower or his invention?

Do you prefer his webbing to be his superpower or his invention?

Both, the webs are natural but he builds a way to control them

Web shooters, no contest. It's a representation of Peter's ingenuity and intellect

Its really not that important to the story to be honest, but a lot of normalfags act like webshooters are the most important part of Spider-Man mythos. That and Peter being a highschooler

the webs come out his butt, but its too embarrassing for him to use in public so he squirts it into cartridges he has made

fpbp
I hate how the webshooters create a source of stupid tension by having "OH NO, I FORGOT TO BRING MORE WEB CARTRIDGES" and turns what should be a sign of his genius into repetitious sign of how dumb parker is for forgetting to have more webbing cartridges.
I dont mind it when the problem is just finding the time mid-fight to put new cartridges in, but thats rare compared to simply not having them.

That's a writer issue though

It's retarded.

Preference? Organic, and thats coming from an old, old fan.

But the level of caring? About a 1 on a 10 scale. Personally I think Pete should be a bit more of an everyman character, a bit less Jimmy Neutron. But the amount of sleep I'll lose on it is nil.

(I've heard a fan theory that Pete's mutation triggered a short but intense burst of super-intelligence, for a few months or weeks after being bitten his smarts were way off the scales allowing him to make gadgets like the web shooters and the trackers that key off his spider sense. Then the mutation Algernon'd way down to the point he really isn't much smarter than normal. Something about that appealed to me, but again, its not that big of a deal in the spidey mythos)

Web shooters. Natural webbing is autistic and he wouldn't be able to do nearly as much shit with it because it would be bound to actually behaving like real webbing, artificial webbing means unlimited possibility for what he can do with it

Also if it was natural webbing, the heavy metal hand sign gimmick seems really fucking stupid, where it makes perfect sense with the web shooters

In a vacuum I like organic shooters more because it seems really arbitrary that he gets certain spider-like abilities but not that specific one, and the mechanical web shooters raise a lot of technical questions that don't need to be there. But the fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of Spider-Man depictions for half a century have given him mechanical web shooters so the debate is kind of moot. It's like arguing that Batman shouldn't keep Robin around because it's out of character for him to keep putting a child in danger; whatever argument you could make about how it might make the story stronger is drowned out by decades of legacy.

Organic for the first reason here, actually. I think it's really weird he gets spider powers, but not spider webs. I'm also fine with as a compromise, but I really don't like purely mechanical webs.

>That and Peter being a highschooler

That's a more recent thing with toy companies milking kid Spidey to death. And now every piece of media except the comic features kid spidey.
And it works. You see little boys walking around wkth spidey shirts way more than any other hero.

It's pretty weird since when i was a kid I wanted to grow up and be like him, but now kids think "I want to be a superhero kid like him".

Organic with arm bracelets to increase his control and accuracy.

Without natural webs hes just a guy who can stick to surfaces with superhuman strength and a perception so good it may as well be a 6th sense. Many other bugs or animals could fit the bill, but webs are special to spiders. I know the argument of " But it shows off Peters intellect and- " yeah I get it you're not wrong but its still lame and I really hope they only keep web shooters as a Peter only thing. Also is the best outcome no arguments.

>Without natural webs hes just a guy who can stick to surfaces with superhuman strength and a perception so good it may as well be a 6th sense. Many other bugs or animals could fit the bill, but webs are special to spiders.

This always seems very autistic to me, it gives me douche chills when people make this argument because it takes me back to being a little kid and getting upset that Batman couldn't actually fly, despite flying being the primary trait of Bats

I think it's stupid for him to have the wall-climbing be natural and the web an invention. Either both or non. How is he even a spider mutant if all he got was sticky hands? He's fucking Sticky Hands-Man. Where's the web, where's the venom? Either they should have given him ALL the spider shit or none of it and just have him be some super-strong smart guy who decided to go with a spider motif and created relevant gadgets.

Organic but that's more of an autistic preference for weird mutations and organic powers than any real reason.

Is the current canon to shoot webs still "pressing the button 2 times pretty fast"?

Always thought this was dumb.

It's not sticky hands, his whole body has attraction powers.

He can probably turn pussies inside out with his dick.

>It's a representation of Peter's ingenuity and intellect
"oh no, I forgot to refill my web catridges!"

You guys sound like people who would bitch about Otto Octavius not being half octopus with actual tentacles.

>How is he even a spider mutant if all he got was sticky hands?

Because he got his powers from a spider. He makes more sense than fucking Spider-Woman, who literally doesn't have spider powers

I dont bitch about that because he's not really a mutant. I complain about Doc becuase he never has 8 legs just 4. Doesn't even shoot ink or any other traits. Hes just " I got 4 metal dildos coming out of my back"-man. if he had all of this but mechanical then I wouldn't bat an eye.

I really can't imagine any kid wishing to have Parker's shitty life nowadays. Back before OMD, he at least had a hot wife, a stable job and a reputation worth a damn. Now, he's always fucking up, going broke, girls always shit on him or end up dead and he still has more enemies than Batman.

I mean, spiders don't actually shoot webs anyway and they certainly don't swing with them. The way Spider-Man uses his webbing is so unrelated to actual spider webs that it might even make more sense as being an invention, coulda been a fucking web gun

4 normal limbs 4 metal limbs

>I complain about Doc becuase he never has 8 legs just 4.

It's counting his human limbs, you fool. He has four human limbs and four robot ones, that makes 8

Most kids don't know about the parker luck meme I assume.

Welp now I feel both stupid and angry that the normal human limbs even count

Actually biologists have determined that octopuses have 6 arms and 2 legs given how they're used. So Doc is still on point

I mean come on, you think that's stupid? I'll tell you what's stupid

The Scorpion, not only did he not have a stinger initially but just a billy club tail used for blunt force trauma, but instead of giving him pincers or claws....he had a super strong grip in his fingers

I don't think he needed pincers and generally don't care for his designs that do, but if they were going to that level it's better than this super hard pinch power that I don't think was ever referenced outside of this...how the hell does one magically gain the ability to cut things with their fingers ?

Invention; very effective way to express how intelligent Peter is.

Powers are increased strength and senses.

I swear Spiderman had the best kind of stupid when it came to villians, especially design wise. Im still surprised Electro looked the same for so long with such a stupid mask.

It hasn't really changed. Now he's dead, with a poor mans Livewire in his stead

>scorpions have powerful pincers
>this means I can cut trough this shit with the tensile strength of steel with my fucking fingers
WTF is this shit? How fucking hard is it to draw a couple of pincer gloves on that goofy fuck? How is this 60's animated Spidey levels of stupid?

Scorpion has never had a good design, ever.

Would he forget to bring more web cartridges? I always remembered it more as him needing to reload them which he would need to do from time to time regardless how many he brought.

I like this look, just needs to be more broken up in color like his Animated series look