What animated shows in the Adult Swim lineup would you say are absolutely "must watches"?

What animated shows in the Adult Swim lineup would you say are absolutely "must watches"?

What shows do you believe deserve more recognition and discussion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-GGtOmiyE2Y
youtu.be/XM7k-91YQE4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is the only one I would ever say that about. I think everyone, even the hyper religious (if they're not the kind to chimp out at the slightest bit of irreverence) can take something positive away from it.
Everything else is pretty taste based.

Venture bros

Aqua Teen
Venture Bros
Frisky Dingo
Mike Tyson Mysteries
Rick and Morty
Harvey Birdman

Xavier Renegade Angel.

Although that's gained a lot more popularity as of late.

I'd say The Venture Bros. is the absolute must watch.
I've discovered Mary Shelley's Frankenhole recently , and I must say it was absolutely great, but I had never heard of it, so it got my vote for the one show which deserves more recognition

>Aqua Teen
earlier episodes were decent
new ones give me cancer
>Venture Bros
needs longer seasons
>Frisky Dingo
genius
>Mike Tyson Mysteries
worth a watch
>Rick and Morty
shit taste
>Harvey Birdman
pretty funny

I agree with Moral Orel

venture bros
frisky dingo
sealab

Frankenhole is really underrated

Venture bros is their highest quality show overall, but Xavier Renegade Angel is their funniest.

Moral Orel is just one of the most depressing shows that just take a middle finger and puts it in front of the audience. First season you think it's alright then the second just fucking uppercuts your gut like a bullet until you are nothing more than a shriveled piece of shit on the floor crying. It was too based so they had to cancel it.

I never understood the appeal of moral Orel show was lame as fuck. Saul of the mole men is the only good show.

those who do not support Space Ghost Coast to Coast shall be sentenced to death

Would you a devil?

Sup Forums is too young to remember that

I honestly do not understand why people don't like the first season. It's completely fucking hilarious.

I like the first season but it's almost like a different show in the second, I'm not denying it's good, but it's just a complete opposite

First season WAS funny, but I don't think it would have been that notable of a show if it stayed that way throughout its entire run. Its shift to a character-driven drama is what got it that cult following. Season 1 was gold though, just for this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=-GGtOmiyE2Y

Space Ghost
The Boondocks
Harvey Birdman
Sealab 2021
Xavier
Venture Bros.
Frisky Dingo
Moral Orel
Black Dynamite

But the absolutely most important and mandatory watch is Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

It's not that it's bad, it's that if I wanted more of Dino's wacky comedy I'd just turn on Mr. Show, which has his best comedic stuff.

Is mission hill honorary adult swim?

It might as well be.

And since Warner produced it, I'd count it.

Must Watch
>Venture Bros
>Moral Orel
>The Boondocks (1-3)

Enjoyable
>Mike Tyson's Mysteries
>Rick and Morty
>Samurai Jack (5)
>Space Ghost
>Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law
>Frisky Dingo
>Frankenhole

Watchable but could have been better
>Superjail
>Sealab 2021
>Metalacolypse
>China IL
>Black Dynamite

Live action
>Eric Andre
>Loiter Squad

Considerable Mentions
>Off the Air
>Mulchtown
>Too Many Cooks
>Uninterrupted Footage of a Bear
>Fish Center Live
>Development Meeting
>Daytime Fighting League

Anime
>Space Dandy

Cowboy Bebop is honestly the peak of animation regarding style and soundtrack, I wish people would recognize it beyond the meme level

>Space Dandy
Literally my favorite anime. If that makes me a pleb then I am a happy pleb.

anyone have the link to the rip of the show that has the licensed music?

That, Venture Bros., early Aqua Teens, Space Ghost, and Xavier are the peak of AS's creative output.

I liked The Brak Show.

>I wish people would recognize it beyond the meme level

Why do you think it became a meme? It has Naruto levels of fanboyism only it actually earned it.

I find that a lot of that character drama stuff is still there though, less of the Clay introspective, but they have so much about the dysfunction of the town, and to imply it isn't similarly played for laughs in the last two seasons is untrue.

Frankenhole is a lot of fun

>even the hyper religious (if they're not the kind to chimp out at the slightest bit of irreverence
>hyper religious
>chimp out
>slight irreverence
user, I...

Essentials:
Harvey Birdman
>Perfectly voiced and boasted insanely tight writing.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
>The closest thing AS has had to a flagship show. Fairly consistent quality too.
The Venture Bros.
>AS's last remaining show from their heyday. Hasn't dipped in quality THAT much in the 15 years it's been on and boasts surprisingly deep lore (for an AS show).
The Boondocks (seasons 1-3)
>Was there to pick up the title of best satire on TV when Chappelle's Show ended. Shame about that last season though.
Superjail (season 1)
>Later seasons didn't add all that much but the first season is perfection.
Frisky Dingo
>Between Sealab 2021's scrappiness and Archer's reliance on formula were two seasons of magic.

Assy Mcgee will forever be criminally underrated.

Nah man I know some genuinely devout Christians who don't think that is offensive, especially moral orel where Orel is a very good person and very religious. They related to Moral Orel very much actually.

I just got home from work, give me some time to take a shower and eat some food and I'll post a magnet for Mission Hill and seed for a while

youtu.be/XM7k-91YQE4

Quick question, my dudes.
Was there a character (woman) in Moral Orel that apparently lives in a house on fire the entire time?, most of what i remember was that it was a tiny white house, always on fire, she got the house from a relative or something.
Cant remember if its really from Moral Orel or from a movie since i watched it way back when it aired.

That sounds like Synecdoche, New York. I kinda love that movie.

Christian here! I loved Moral Orel.

Moral Orel
Black Dynamite
Xavier Renegade Angel
Need to watch at least some of Aqua Teen
The Boondocks s1-3

>Comedy: Xavier
>Tragedy: Orel
>Depth: Venture
Pick your poison.

The Jellies, but only with watched previously GOLF version

add mission hill to the top and throw in early robot chicken and the brak show in there somewhere and basically this. i'm sure i'm forgetting something.

oh yeah! THANKS A BUNCH, user!
Bless you so much.

Dont know why i associated those 2 together

Common Sense Media, a mainly christian review site dedicated to determining if programming is right for their kids, has rave reviews for Moral Orel saying stuff like even the most devout may find it gross but appreciate the lessons and satire it provides.
It's not like the show depicts normal healthy spirituality and most people will recognize that.

Must Watches:
Sealab 2021
ATHF
Moral Orel
The Venture Bros.

Sealab was fucking brilliant guys. RIP Captain Murphy, you were too good for this world.

What else has Dino done that's been especially exceptional?

I like him as Starburns.

>Essential
The Venture Bros
Moral Orel
Frisky Dingo
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Samurai Jack
Cowboy Bebop
Futurama
Space Ghost Coast To Coast
12 oz Mouse
Perfect Hair Forever
Home Movies
Generally, if someone wanted a list of shows to watch to get into adult swim I’d give them that.
>Special Mentions
Delocated
Neon Joe
Eric Andre
Superjail
Metalocalypse
Xavier
China, IL
Mike Tyson Mysteries
Sealab 2021
Brak Show
Harvey Birdman
Mission Hill
Off the Air
Infomercials
Fishcenter Live
Most of the pilots are good too.
Pic related, my 3x3 for favorite [as] shows

don't forget my boy Xavier, it really is perfection if you're into that kind of humour