Is Chel the only reason Sup Forums cares about this movie?

Is Chel the only reason Sup Forums cares about this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d2TP6DZpmfA
youtube.com/watch?v=kvAzB_dAhNs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Personally, I loved the buddy comedy aspect of it, and I’m sure many others do as well, but Sup Forums as a group is chaotic and contradictory, with one of the largest commonalities between the individuals who comprise it being their libido. As such, any aspect that caters to that will be given much more attention than anything else.

Chel is the weakest part of the movie desu.
I do not like her at all and wish there was less of her and more of crazy jaguar priest guy.

It's legitimately a great movie, with great music and comedy.

Chel is just a nice bonus.

it was a good movie. adventure, comedy.

also a fucking sexy central american lady

I honestly did not give a shit about Chel. If anything she felt like an rather unnecesary character. She said she was going to "teach" the guys about the customs of El Dorado but barely did any of that.

The "You gave me loaded dice?" scene is the most quoted part of the movie I know, especially among the tabletop folks. It just has the perfect tempo.

"YOU DARE TO IMPUNE MY HONOR?"

youtube.com/watch?v=d2TP6DZpmfA
youtube.com/watch?v=kvAzB_dAhNs

Actually, all the best stuff really is when they're in Spain or at sea.

>dat shark scene

>great music
It's mediocre at best the rest of the movie is good though

I rate Tough to be a God very highly. The rest of the songs are pretty mediocre but the orchestral soundtrack is just superb.

I'm a fan of Elton John in general. Out of the Blue is my favorite from El Dorado.

Fuck Tulio. Miguel was too good for him.

>tfw born too late to explore the new world

Tulio was the best. The straight man is always the best in that kind of duo. Nice to see him get the girl too. That's pretty unusual. Even the movie says it's Miguel who usually has all the luck in that department.

>Tulio
>the best
Miguel's the reason the ever found El Dorado.

All Tulio did was make up a ton of rules that he didn't even follow himself. He meets a random bimbo and after 3-4 days chooses her over his best friend, who he's known for years. He was a piece of shit and a tool, and Miguel should have let him get crushed to death by those pillars.

>He meets a random bimbo and after 3-4 days chooses her over his best friend,
Actually the argument was about returning home to Spain, while Miguel wanted to stay and play god. Chel had nothing to do with it.

BIG SMILE

this movie was great

>chooses her over his best friend, who he's known for years.

Kinda like Miguel had continually fucked him over in every adventure with a girl before that? Did you not pay any attention to their history when they talked to each other?

It's a fun movie. It's no Prince of Egypt, but it's fun and well-animated.

The hottest animated woman in all of animated media is just icing on the cake.

Rewatch the movie.

Miguel was preparing to leave alongside Tulio. He only decided to stay after he overheard Tulio talking with Chel, saying "forget Miguel" like their friendship didn't matter.

Tulio explicitly said neither of them were to get with Chel, but then he went and did it anyway, breaking his own rule. This is different, and besides you're inferring much more than their dialogue gives away. I know for a fact that their history is never revealed to that extent because I just watched the film.

This. The main characters carry the movie, with everything else is perfectly fine. It's a very solidly Decent film, not amazing, but worthwhile.

You fight like my sister!

I love this movie, also the music is so good. I think Elton John did it?
One of my favorite movies

Nah, great fun movie, good animation, good OST, really neat visuals.

>also the music is so good. I think Elton John did it?
yup

It's a fun buddy movie.
Chel's just icing desu

No, it was legit a fun movie.

Tough to be a God is one of the best animated musical numbers from the mid 90s to early 2000s period. probably second best or best non-disney musical song (In the dark of the night might win if you dont look at the actual video)

I think the problem with this movie is the animation style doesn't lend itself to comedy very well. Some works great, but some feels too floaty.

To be fair...

Probably. Pretty good movie imo though.