twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lord Moldybutt

Sokka

Emostick

Sir Should-Have-Stayed-Dead

this meme is funnier when its the dragon
also this

Ember

I have no fucking idea, every sub group I used for every season and OVAs all had different names, I'm so fucking confused.

best boy

idiot or marty stu would do

Strange, since there is only one "sub group" who did the fansubs.

What about the Chad solo subber

Sir Percival, but he's called Misiek.

"Annoying ugly dipshit that takes up too much screen time from the babes so is the reason I don't watch this shit"

Shut up, Seba.

Iop brain

Stop localizing names

Tristepin

medium well boy

GOGOGOGOGOGO
GALO SENGEN

At the very least there's me, who did season 1 episodes 6,4,1,2,3 (in that order) and the brotherhood of tofu guys who took care of most of the series, but here may have been people in the interval between me and the brotherhood.

Are you "eurofag" from the first subs?

Yeah, EF for short

Have you been around S3?
Or the Dofus movie since lots of people went for that to help

I believe the full name is.
Ser Tristepin Percedal of Sadlygrove.
Dose not help rubi and Iop bastard #3 call him Pipun as a nickname.

I was completely uninvolved in subs beyond theseason 1 episodes I mentioned. I watched season 1 but only bits and pieces of later seasons and the movie. Season 2 didn't grab me so I've mostly kept a distant eye on it all since then.

decent post

Say "Uyssop" 10 times as fast as possible and you'll see why localizing names can be a good idea

One of the S3 subbers here.
Since the official S3 English website (wakfu.com/en/s3/tristepin) used Percedal, we settled on that one. I wasn't involved in S1 and S2, but my take is that the official localization process started near the end of S1 (I remember some Ultra-DX Wakfu figures with the international names, like Percedal of Sadlygrove, Tristamax...), which means that it was too late to incorporate them in the S1 subs and that everyone was used to call him Grovy when S2 started.
Anyway, yes, deciding which name to use is always prone to debate. If I'm around when S4 starts, I'd like to continue using the official localized names.

Since I didn't know about the vidya before watching this I thought Lop was his nickname for a couple episodes. Then via context clues I realized it wasn't his name and so then I thought Lop was like some fantasy racial slur.

I haven't played the game too, yet managed to understand the classes and their names.

Its "Iop", with an "i".

>its
Having to grammar-nazi my own grammar. Nice.

Tristepin

Sadlygrove

Perceval

WHY CANT THEY MAKE UP THEIR FUCKING MINDS

it's Tristepin of Percedal in the original. Percedal is the family name.

For whatever dumbass reason the people translating the show to English came up with "Sadlygrove", probably because "triste pin" in French essentially means "sad pine".

So, his name should be Sadlygrove of Percedal, if you want to try to shittily translate the pun in his first name. Then the people translating went full retard and apparently started calling him Percedal of Sadlygrove, because they felt that Percedal sounds more like a first name trolololo, or whatever.

Black handed hero