>one of the few that's actually good and it gets no help

Being Sam is suffering.

Because NINO.

>All Novas being sales poison
ftfy Cosmicbook :^)

because reader's hate-boner for Sam is stronger than their love for Rich

Because Loeb's son must remain dead.

It had dudes.

I did. Two of every issue. Like a terrible sheep. But since it had dudes instead of black chicks it's sales threshold was higher than shitty books.

>how to spot a vidya novafag
I don't hate you people, but sadly they're all poison.

Shit sales, and nobody knows that Sam is latino so they weren't willing to extend its life for diversitybux.
It's a crime that it didn't get at least a second trade.

I don't remember anything that happened except the Cancerverse was involved. Did Rich stay alive at the end?

Sam was a fine character and I'm ashamed to be a Riderfag whenever I see some Annihilation-era newfag go all "reee not muh Nova" over him.

Can't have a mainstream hispanic being pushed without it being lgbtfdjkalffjdk.

Yeah, it ended with Sam and Rich flying off into the sunset together.

It wasn't very good. But it brought back Worldmind, so in the end it's a net positive.

>Did Rich stay alive at the end?
See, some people probably thought it was just more Marvel trolling and waiting to see if it was worth even reading.

>But since it had dudes instead of black chicks it's sales threshold was higher than shitty books.
Probably another factor.

what are the essential Sam reading list? os it just Loveness issues or should I read everything from Duggan to Loeb?

Shitty comic with shitty sales.

Dick Ryder is poison to a book

Bad timing

Read all of his ongoing except for the the CWII tie-in during his second volume. I think the series became a lot more enjoyable when I re-read it recently. I wasn't constantly thinking "when are they gonna introduce Rich?" which made it way better.

So is Richard back to normal now?

Sales were shit and it didn't have the minimal publicity that America had to be continued despite having shit sales. The art was poor and fans of Dick Rider didn't trust Marvel to do him right. They were right in the end considering all the retcons, continuity contradictions and the character assassination he, the Nova Corps and Worldmind got later.

I agree with this, the series itself is decent and sam wasn't a bad character. Unfortunately, it got stick shit like america, squirrel girl, etc and just weren't interested in buying from "numarvel". It sucks but it is how it is.

Too good for this world

>nobody knows that Sam is latino
they even brown him up in this book and his mom started speaking in spanish for no reason

more or less

It kinda sucks though. Sam was the first of the legacy characters, long before it was a forced wave. Sam as Nova was a lot more natural than Riri or Awesome Hulk since Rich was dead for like 3 years at the time, and the Novas are a massive group to start with. And because of the space police aspect of the Novas, no one thought that he'd be completely sidelined once Rich came back, he actually became better once they had the brother type relationship. I'm hoping Duggan spin another Nova series after IC. especially since there's a Champions tie-in that will inevitably focus on Sam.

thanks

He went against hulked out hulk. You are missing out.

>Sup Forums rather have multiples maxed out threads about how shit America was than paying attention to the Nova comic

Still makes me mad.

Mostly, but the Cancerverse became his new personal archenemy.

Can't wait for our lord and savior Mar-Vell to come back and cure our world of death.

Because it was really good, and Marvel doesn't want good titles anymore.

And yet they never did resolve that whole issue about Sam's father

Speaking of Nova arch enemies: Has Sphinx ever come back? At one point he achieved godhood and fought Galactus, but haven't seen him recently.

Finding Sam's dad became an allegory for finding Rich during vol 6. Now there gonna wait until the next volume when Rich uses the Worldmind to instatntly find Jeph Loeb.
He appeared in a few issues of Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. but I didn't read it because it looked like it wouldn't be all that important to his character.

Sam Alexander is sales poison. His "NINO" hatedom is one of the largest and most vitriolic in all of comic books.

Have they reached HEAT levels yet?

It's up there. They ban you on their forums if you call him Nova, you have to call him NINO (Nova In Name Only)

Do they still do that? I figured that whole thing would die out by now.

Hate doesn't die out easily

no one wants to buy a book with Dick in it, his fans are all fags

I was pissed about Sam for a while as well. But I got over it by time of the Beta-Ray Bill stuff.

>It's up there

It is nowhere fucking near HEAT levels. HEAT had harassment campaigns aimed at customers across the country. They send in a mysterious package to DC's New York offices that had the bomb squad called in. Ron Marz and Daryl Banks had numerous stalkers who made threats against their lives. The list of awful real life shit HEAT did goes on and on. The RICH ONLY fans have just bitched on the internet.

Rich is Sam's dad now.

And the Captain is his uncle.

you'd have to be stupid to not go after Sam's mom.

I want to say it was just sales but America sold worse than Nova and Nova was cancelled the moment it dropped to 17,000.

Honestly it's a combination of poor sales, the characters not being Editor pets or popular, the comic being low priority, people being fed up with Cosmic, some Rich fans not being aware the character came back, etc...

I want to say the hardcore Dick Riders not buying it because REEE NINO" but those guys are like 6 people at the most and they won't buy anything ever again so it's not like they matter.

>Did Rich stay alive at the end?
Yes, as a matter in fact he's in this comic right now

Pretty sure Loveness was going to get to that especially since he killed Rich's father to give them something more to bond over.

But yeah I hope that plot thread gets solved at some point, it's been a thing since Sam's comic started.

He's more like a big brother than a father especially since Rich is not consciously trying to mentor or teach Sam in the slightest (he does give him advice and other stuff since Sam turns to him for it). He also treats some more like an equal and didn't care that Sam was underage when he took him to Starlin's (something I see a brother doing but not a father unless he's irresponsible).

Also Sam already has a father in Jesse but he doesn't have a big brother so Rich fills that role quite nicely.

I'm mostly a newfag to comics and a cursory google search turns up nothing so, what's HEAT?

Hal's Emerald Attack Team, bunch of fucking autists that include Geoff Johns

forcesofgeek.com/2014/06/losing-heat-how-fans-took-fun-out-of.html

>Then H.E.A.T. showed up, and it was like watching that metaphorical train wreck. At first it stood for “Hal’s Emerald Attack Team” but then everyone agreed that sounded eerily like a terrorist organization. So it was then changed to “Hal’s Emerald Advancement Team”.

>"Meanwhile, H.E.A.T. took out a full-page ad in Wizard Magazine. This was subsequently dismissed by DC editorial and mocked by the very magazine that was paid $3,500 to run the ad. The ad read:

>“Restore the Majesty. Return to the Mythology. Support the rebirth of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, in coexistence with Kyle Rayner, by joining the more than 500 people who have signed the GLC petition…”

to good for this world

Nope, mainly because the angry Dickfags aren't that great in numbers and their message board at cosmicbooknews is pretty fucking dead since they managed to drive out the majority of the Nova fans out.

Lol no, they're obnoxious more than anything but they haven't gotten to threatening people with bombs bad or making people fear for their lives like HEAT did.

The worst hardcore Dickfags have done is Mark Mcgloin (the Richard Rider autist who runs cosmicbooknews) calling James Gunn after Rooker leaked Gunn's phone number at a con.

Gunn got called by all sorts of people when that happened, he just held a grudge against that idiot because he put a video (which wasn't even by him) of the leaked phone number and encouraged people to call James Gunn.

James Gunn didn't even call attention to this until months later when Mcgloin was tarding out about Nova and Gunn got triggered enough to call him out.

But really he's the only Dickfag that goes above and beyond and he's embarrassing as fuck
youtu.be/892OcWBsTzU

I heard Ryder's cultists refused to buy the book because Sam was in it

That was Axis