Can someone exaplain the Mutant Allegory to me?

Seriously, think about it. We're talking about people that at worst look like genetic abominations, and at best are literal gods. An average mutant who gets through its "changes" during puberty, could randomly catch on fire, burn down his house, kill his neighbors and if it's situated in a rural area, start a damn forest fire. Then you have your Mangetos, who are uber-powerful and can literally shape the world as they see fit. Or the various Telepaths who can run the world from behind the scenes. We're talking about literal gods walking scott free, and putting good faith in them being decent people. So how the hell does it work as an allegory for gays and blacks? Like them or don't, they cannot crush you with a thought.

So why the hell would a human be in favor of them? Despite the fact that humanity's getting replaced by a bunch of literal freaks, aren't they afraid some random yahoo is gonna burn a church during X-Mas or something? Or sneeze and blow up the whole block? I mean, people are pushing to ban guns, yet I'm supposed to side with the people that let literal WMDs walk unchecked?

What any rational person would support, is registration, and to treat mutants as a disease. Maybe learn to isolate useful abilities like enhanced lifespans, better eyesight, whatever, to make humanity as a whole "stronger", but if left unchecked, it will eventually result in a bunch of Godly Purebloods ruling over monstrous freaks.

There is no Allegory, mutants are dangerous scum that must be purged.

Racism to anything?
Muslims
Blacks
Whites
Cripples

you can acquire guns

being a mutant is something you're born with.

stark can replicate professor x's powers but he'll never be a mutant.

professor x can be iron man though.

>mutants are dangerous scum that must be purged.
Eh, kinda. Sorta.

...Do you people have a problem? Do you pass by sentences on purpose?
>So how the hell does it work as an allegory for gays and blacks? Like them or don't, they cannot crush you with a thought.
I'm not asking what they're an allegory FOR, I'm asking how it WORKS, since mutants are walking WMDs, not differently colored people.

And that matters how? Why should I, an average joe, support the rights of a literal God-Being who could crush me with a thought?

It just a dumb allegory that falls apart the moment you look at it too closely. The only thing it gets right (that most writer don't seem to understand) is that mutants are hated while characters like captain america, ms marvel etc... are loved by the public. It doesn't make sense because it's not supposed to make sense, bigotry is stupid.

Depends, some racists think blacks and gays are dangerous to society.

>The only thing it gets right (that most writer don't seem to understand) is that mutants are hated while characters like captain america, ms marvel etc... are loved by the public.
Why wouldn't they love a super-hero who is an outlier, represents something, has a line of work and generally is someone to look up to. It's like actors, scientists, athletes, etc, who are good at their job. All of them got their powers when they were adults, they didn't run the risk of their jizz causing a nuclear attack during puberty.
>It doesn't make sense because it's not supposed to make sense, bigotry is stupid.
But it DOES make sense to be afraid of and hate mutants.

Well shit user, I don't like racemixing that much, or would like my kids to be fags or whatever, but I realize they're people, they pose no threat to me, on average (we're talking about Mr. Harrison down the block and John from the company, not Jamal the Gangbanger or Hezuz the Pedophile), so I don't mind them and treat them as I would anyone else. But a mutant is either a genetic freak, or a walking God that if I vex him by messing up a sales pitch, can make me forget my whole life. Why the hell should I campaign for its rights, instead or being Pro-Registration?

it's an incredibly retarded allegory for all minorities
it's supposed to be a mix of racism (how people view niggers & spics as more dangerous), "homophobia" & "transphobia" (how they're not necessarily visible in people & they can blend in, until it IS visible & they can't), & how an environment like that can create multiple outcomes from said community (how professor x & magneto are unsubtle allegories for MLK & Malcolm X)

the problem with most of it is that many of these people are basically walking WMDs who can easily just destroy an entire city block something as simple as being slightly careless

purge the mutants, most of the characters suck in current year comics regardless Jean & Bobby

They're the 1%, they're constantly under attack by the 99, which is why they need to defend themselves with their superpowers while living in segregated, gated communities.

Not all mutants are genetic freaks or got the power of a god. You mutist.

>Despite the fact that humanity's getting replaced by a bunch of literal freaks, aren't they afraid some random yahoo is gonna burn a church during X-Mas or something?

>Sentinels burning down a church to kill your kid
>ABSOLUTELY FINE

>your kid burning down the church because its unholy mutant powers manifest during a sunday service
>DIE MUTIE SCUM

Because the X-men are a better allegory for guns and gun control than minority rights. Think about it if minorities had world destroying super powers, they wouldn't be oppressed and the majority would have every right to hate and fear them. Now if it's an allegory for guns, things make more sense. The X-men are the NRA who oppose any and all regulation on the off chance it may turn into a take over, while talking about the normalization of mutants (guns) in society. The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants are the lunatics who want to overthrow the government at the drop of a hat, while the anti-mutant factions ARE the people who want to confiscate(kill/jail) all guns(mutants). The problem is most X-men writers don't bother looking deeper into the allegory and end up writing the same oppression stories over and over again.

A better writer wouldn't use mutants as an allegory for racism, a better writer would ask:
>What happens when a mutant joins a terrorist organization?
>What happens when a mutant kid decides to go "Pumped up Kicks"?
>What happens when a mutant super hero wannabe kills an unarmed black kid?
>What happens when a mutant like Iceman uses his powers not for fighting but for service like putting out a wildfire?

You are not born with a gun attach to your hand.

And Black people can't control minds and shoot punch lazes out of their eyes

Has there ever been a story where a mutant just pretends they got their powers through radiation or some other shit

Mutants are a very literal interpretation of the right to bear arms though.

>mutants are hated while characters like captain america, ms marvel etc... are loved by the public
Said public turns on any superhero easily. Marvel citizens are douchebags
You don't need guns to kill.
Also, it's easier to kill someone without guns if you aren't properly trained in wielding them.

just saying being a mutant and why people hate them can be explain with jealousy.

you can replicate being the fantastic four, captain america or spider-man but replicating mutant powers don't make you a mutant.

>But it DOES make sense to be afraid of and hate mutants.
Not really. You already live in a world of Spider-man and aliens and dangerous high tech weapons.

>What happens when a mutant like Iceman uses his powers not for fighting but for service like putting out a wildfire ?
read Concrete

i do believe there is.

played for laughs but i can't recall what issue/comic that was.

You're being prejudiced. You cannot assume a mutant is dangerous and will hurt you and killing them all because some are is bigotry.

t. jealous flatscan

>But it DOES make sense to be afraid of and hate mutants.

Yes it does, but doesn't make sense why firestar and sufire are hated while the Human torch is adored

Because the fear of an out-group destabalizing your in-group is the basis of bigotry. If black people were just different on one would care but racism comes from fears that they'll outbreed whites and treat them like shit.

That's why characters like Xavier and Magneto are allegories for MLK and Malcolm X. Malcolm X might not have been able to destroy cities with his mind but he could have with the wrong words.

>Also, it's easier to kill someone without guns if you aren't properly trained in wielding them
Yet time and time again some rando can kill a dozen people with the right gun

>and this is how we got our powers.
you can try to gain powers exactly like how the four did it.
>i was born this way.
you're a jack-ass if you blame your mom and dad for not giving you superpowers.

do offspring of empowered individuals (say captain america and captain marvel made a baby) count as mutants or having the x-gene is mandatory?

Acting like a retard is still being a retard.

you chose to be a retard.
actual retard.

see the difference?

Well then I guess you're just a retard user.

Which rarely happens compared to other types of murder.

>Mutants have the capability of being extremely dangerous living weapons that can nuke entire cities if pissed
>"This group of people that are objectively more dangerous then the average population is an allegory for another race"
Yeah, do you not see the huge negative implications here?

True but it's the fear of a mass shooting that causes hysteria, that's what it's about fear not hate

>Which rarely happens
How many mass shootings is it gonna take?

Some mutants are. Not all of them.

You're being prejudiced. You might as well say Black are dangerous criminals or muslims are terrorists or that the handicapped want to die.

Mass shootings are like shark attacks. Or mutants. It's illogical to focus on them because they're so vanishingly rare, instead of focusing on common handgun crimes. Or on street muggers low-level supers are always fighting. But people do anyway because it's flashy.

All of them.

>Mass shootings are like shark attacks
No they're not.

At least one in a week for two or three months. Then kill counts will be comparable.
But of course, it would be easier to achieve with bombings.

>Also, it's easier to kill someone without guns if you aren't properly trained in wielding them.
Its easier for a mutant to kill by accident if his powers aren't properly trained

Incredibly rare statistically, but given tons of news coverage because they're scary and attention grabbing? Seems similar.

This.
Same with plane crushes.

>At least one in a week for two or three months.
Do you not know how many mass shootings happened in the united states? My city had one just a couple of months ago, 9 people died.

>Incredibly rare statistically,
That simply not true though.

Yeah, no.
The number one reason why most moral people are against racism and prejudice is because we are all ultimately human and no set of people are naturally born inherently "better" be it genetically or cultural. Black, white, male, female, disabled or non nobody is naturally born we are all the same.

X-Men as a euphemism fails because it essentially says "Hey, what if the Nazi's were right about eugenics? And while we're at it what if certain types of people can shoot fire or electrocute people with ease?". Even if some have shitty powers that don't do much it doesn't change the fact that many are also practically Gods that are OBJECTIVELY more dangerous.

Since some anons here are talking about guns let me use that an example:
The biggest argument against assault rifles is that they are dangerous weapons made for killing.
The biggest argument for guns is that they are simply tools and it is the person that decides to do with it.

Mutants are basically what happens when all guns come to life and become their own race of people. Sure a lot of them are water guns but a lot of them are also assault rifles and grenade launchers.

>Yeah, no.
Yeah you are. You are pre judging a whole group of people based.

>mutants are dangerous scum that must be purged.

>9 people died
Literally a drop in the ocean.

It makes sense when the Human Torch is just one guy with a great pr team and mutants could potentially replace humanity.

>you can try to gain powers exactly like how the four did it.
Why would it matter? You're either against super powers or not.

Well let's kill 9 people you know user.
Are there 9 people in your life to kill or can you count your friends and family on one hand?

>let's ignore this serial killer, he only killed 6 people so it's not a big deal

Pre-judging is saying a group of people are inherently more dangerous based on genetic or internal factors instead of realizing that society and other external factors is what effects how someone grows up.

Saying a hypothetical person born with knives for hands is inherently going to be a bit more dangerous the average person is common sense.

Well in this case, the genes of the individual DO make them more dangerous.

>Pre-judging is saying a group of people are inherently more dangerous based on genetic or internal factors instead of realizing that society and other external factors is what effects how someone grows up.
Which is what you're doing.

Remember that time that a newly awakened mutant literally obliterated all life in a several mile radius around himself and wiped an entire town's population off the map and had to be ultimately put down by Wolverine?

>Which is what you're doing.
Only if X-men are real.
Which they aren't.

If X-Men ARE real then please reread

I'll be amazed if you'll be able to pull that off in a single mass shooting.
Ironically, it's easier to find a guy who shot a few people, than a guy who killed them with a melee weapon, by poison or with their own hands.

It's just the metaphor of the day really. And with bigotry and hatefulness it's easily accessible.

>you think gays shoot laser beams?
That's what bigots think of people that are different, look at Sup Forums and the hoops they jump through so they can justify their insanity

>I'll be amazed if you'll be able to pull that off in a single mass shooting
Why? We've had mass shootings where 58 people died. 9 people dead is on the low side.
You really don't know shit about mass shootings do you?

>That's what bigots think of people that are different

I'm pretty sure not even the most delusional bigot believes homosexuals can kill you with a thought or nuke a school because they got anxious.

I live in a country, where a lot more people get killed outside of mass shootings. And getting a gun here is easier than in US.

So you just admit that you don't know shit. This is you admitting that you're just a shill.

I've never been able to buy the X-men and other mutants in the same universe as the rest of Marvel. The whole "they hate us because we're different" doesn't work as long as people are worshipping other heroes that are non mutants. This is why I never wanted the MCU to take in the X-men, though I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Again, the metaphor kinda falls flat when you look at something like mexican illegals, yeah?
Are they going to launch explosive taco missles from their eyes and use the local home depot as their HQ? Probably not.

Meanwhile comparing a MUTANT to a living weapon is pretty appropriate, considering multiple countries have weaponized several.

>shill

Statistics say that niggers are objectively more dangerous than the average population tho, so it checks out.

Okay then.
Tell me about mass shootings.
Why should I fear them more than pissing off a wrong guy?

>muh humanity argument
This is like the people who think the white race is being genocided because there are mixed babies.

>This is like the people who think the white race is being genocided because there are mixed babies.
Black people have the literal physical power to destroy the world user.

So you're a selfish fuck too who can't empathize with other people's pain.

Should civilians with dangerous superpowers be allowed to board aircraft, or even be allowed through airport security? If so, how does one reconcile not allowing someone with a firearm onto a commercial plane (other than the designated air marshal), but being fine with letting someone that can fire steel-melting lasers from their hands on board?

Simple question.

Which of these is potentially dangerous to the public:
Mutants (within their setting)
Blacks
Homos
Asians
Mexicans

Depends on the power level. If it's something dumb like that kid with a bunch of eyeballs or Skeleton Jelly then they should board.

Destructive powers like you said shouldn't be allowed.

Actually the black super power is being connected to a hivemind, I know because I'm black

I'm going to tell you a secret that's going to blow your mind.

You can carry a firearm onto a plane as luggage. Just not as a carry-on.

Mutants are both a boon and a bane to humanity.

Homosexuals literally offer nothing to humanity.

>Hivemind
Nigga please, blacks argue with each all the time.
Now Jews on the other, now that's some real hivmind unity shit.

They're so overpowered when white people tried to kill them all out of jealousy they still failed.

>Destructive powers like you said shouldn't be allowed.
>mutant has control of their powers
>"OK what are your powers?"
>display very tiny minuscule amount of your power, not enough to do anything with
>"Alright you're clear to board!"

Jews are reality warpers.

This thread is a reminder that we didn't really need, that Americans are seriously fucked in the head.

Imagine a bunch of radical muslim terrorists with superpowers

A little bit of destruction is still destruction so I think it's a fair compromise. If you see a mutant can make a small flame you can deduce they can make a big one.

Okay, why should anyone fear mass shootings more than pissing off a wrong guy?

YOU GOT YOUR MANGETOS

I'm aware. So should mutants have to take off their steel-melting-laser-hands and put them in their luggage?

>it essentially says hey what if nazis were right
>being this retarded

I think the point you're missing is a mutant with the right power set could easily fool an air traffic controller into thinking he's safe to fly.

>guns

Its just hack writers making hack stories.
They have no idea what they're doing, so they put in a political message because THEY SUCK AT WRITING

This guy gets it. The same applies to social inequality: I know we're all human, so I don't support a monarchy. But if Prince Harry had superpowers, he's objectively better than me, isn't he?

Then x-men has always been written by hack writers, because it's ALWAYS been a euphemism.

Empathy doesn't mean what you think it means.

Prince Harry is already objectively better than you. Don't kid yourself.

It'd depend on the superpowers. If Prince Harry could shoot eye beams I'm not sure that would make him any more or less qualified to rule over a country. If Prince Harry had hyper-intellect I'd be a bit more willing to take a knee.