What do people see in this show? Its nothing but "xd the mouse hit the cat so wacky and random...

What do people see in this show? Its nothing but "xd the mouse hit the cat so wacky and random." The art style is simple and shit compared to something BTAS or Castlevania. And there aren't any good jokes just "haha cat screaming or smoking"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nu, Pogodi! was better.

g8 b8 m8

>this children's cartoon does not stimulate my genius mind sufficiently

It's called slapstick. One who can't appreciate good slapstick can't appreciate comedy to begin with. The best comedy comes from pain of some sort, people who don't get this are probably into puns and knock knock jokes.

If you're gonna try to bait, at least be good at it dumbass.

>if I don't agree it's bait
Thanksnfor admitting you have no argument.

This is the worst bait I've ever seen in my life.
We should all feel bad for giving this guy (You)s.

Try harder next time, my child. I believe in you.

Are people here autistic enough to divide what people say into their actual opinions and baits? Is no one allowed to make a joke, for fucks sake? I mean, a one when no one is expected to take it seriously. Come the fuck on.

Unless everyone knows it and I'm the only idiot who takes that "it's bait" posts seriously. In that case, sorry.

Tom did nothing wrong and Jerry is an asshole

>Tom did nothing wrong and Jerry is an asshole
Hate OP but I also hate people who think this way. Everyone was a jerk.

Yeah they all were jerks, but the difference is Jerry never got any comeuppance while everyone else did. Jerry always came out smelling like roses even though he was as much of an asshole as everyone else, which is why people hate him.

there's good slapstick, like the pie throwing.

or be bad slapstick, that's more mean and unpleasant than funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHURiOqMVTI

well.. got locked in the bottle once, for costantly waking up tom.

i think best cartoons were when they teamed up and made peace afterwards

Directed by Chuck Jones, so it does not conform to Hanna Barbera Jerry.

Your thread was believable until you started comparing 1940s animation to cartoons made in the 90s or later. Lets try harder next time.

The chuck jones ones were never as funny to hanna barbera shorts. Tom never screamed as much nor were his injuries as funny.

Tom won in a handful of them and outside of the ones where jerry is trying to get tom in trouble his retaliation is justified because it's a mouse defending himself or another animal from getting eaten by tom.

So we're admitting they looked better?

Say 1940s animation is shit because it doesn't look like modern animation is like hating cars from the 1920s because they don't perform like a modern car

>tfw too intelligent for the "classics"

No one thinks old cares are better than new ones, they just appreciate the historical value of them.
Except there were cartoons from that time that were superior like Johnny Quest or Justice League of America, which art still inferior to better shows like Justice League or Young Justice, or most anime for that matter;

Yeah the amount of people defending this shit with no writing or decent art is astounding

I came to agree with Simpsons with everything but Looney Tunes:What the fuck were we watching growing up?!

OP are you mentally ill ? your ass is really gonna compare BTAS and Castlevania to this ? Tom and jerry is mostly a visual gag show and its more then a " xd cat hit mouse ! funny ! " its what they did with it user

Comedy comes from exaggeration

>don't compare it to better shows because reasons
Are you 12?
What other jokes are there besides "they ran into a wall lol epic"

>What other jokes are there besides "they ran into a wall lol epic"

user they would make character flatted , sliced up, blow up etc etc again, its the visual gags that made it funny , they would exaggerate the visuals and stuff

>don't compare it to better shows because reasons

its the fact that these shows are completely different , thats like comparing chowder to ghost in the shell , why would compare those 2 shows ?

Yeah - and it had all been done more effectively and with more of a social message on Itchy and Scratchy some years earlier.