Does he have a point?

Is Democracy, in its current state, a viable option, or has its meaning been lost? Does he have any right to say it if we take his goverment into account?

>If we take his government into account
Latveria is a dystopia when writers like Hickman aren't sucking Doom's dick. Stan and Jack based Latveria on the Village from The Prisoner. That should tell you all you need to know about it.

Doom is a villain motivated by pure hubris. Nothing he says or believes is valid.

Stan Lee also said he didn't see Doom as a villian

He meant in context that he wasn't a villain in the traditional superhero mold. He wasn't Dr. Destiny or TO Morrow. He had more to his character than a gimmick. He had some arrogant nobility to him. Sure, he'd test a robot army on his subjects, but if he gave his word he'd do something he'd do it.

It's very clear you aren't supposed to think Dr. Doom is anything more than a dickish dictator. It was later writers that wrote Latveria as a utopia at perfect peace because the post-sixties left has a giant secret boner for dictators (just look at news coverage of North Korea at the Olympics) and most comic writers are lefties.

How it's a utopia they never really get into. They just handwave it away with super-science while glossing over uncomfortable implications.

Today I will remind them.

Are you one of those people that unironically thinks Waid wrote a good Doom? Because Waid has outright admitted that he hates Doom.

Marvel is going about the right way right now.

Lee identifies with a character that explores people for his own gain.

Monarchists have been saying Democracy is doomed to failure since Ceaser took power over the Roman senate.
Ignore Trolls.

>Current Marvel
>Doing anything right
No Surrender is pure garbage and Infinity is at best inoffensive.

>He hates Doom
The best Doom is written by people that hate him-Kirby, Waid, Morrison.

Prove me wrong.

If you actually think Waid wrote a good Doom then you need to stfu

Unthinkable was great what are you on about?

Have you read Waid's Doom? Honest question because he made Doom have a torture chamber when this was never ever ever ever mentioned in any of his runs. And not the fun torture chamber but the edgy kind. He did far worse too.

Yeah I am starting to see he is a troll. Ignoring.

>plays with toys
>insecure around women
>speaks and acts like an autist
Holy shit, he's /ourguy/!

>The evil dictator has a torture chamber
>This is unacceptable!
I see the Latverian Internet Defense Force is here.

That's honestly probably why Doom has so many fans. He's a giant manchild.

No seriously. He's super autistic. He runs his country like its a medieval theme toy set because that brings back nostalgic feelings from his childhood. He can't into interpersonal interactions. He's resentful of Reed because Reed actually has a family. He thinks dressing like a knight with a little green skirt is cool. He talks in the third person.

You take the super-science away and Doom is that weird guy that posts on Deviantart.

well Democracy gaves us Obama who got elected not on merit but his skin color sooo yeah Doom has a point.

he probably just overheard some somebody with actual creativity say that and copied it

Democracy in America isn't real Democracy. It's corrupted and rigged and has to fit the agenda of the New World Order. Even liar Obama who said he would decrease funds to Israel never did.

A system that doesn't function like each and every state, yea he got elected and I voted the first time for him without so much of an idea of what he stood for or the party and my family told me too.

So yea the greatest evil isn't money it's ignorance because stupid people can be tricked.

>He's resentful of Reed because Reed actually has a family.
Plus Reed has literally the biggest dong on Earth, yet is happily married, while Doom daydreams about having a harem, but is too autistic and insecure (and possibly a dicklet or at least not a Thundercock), he not only doesn't do that, he abstains completely.

Holy fuck,Doom really is the supreme autist's dream AND sad reality at the same time... Huh, no wonder the vast majority of comic fans love him.

>Is Democracy, in its current state, a viable option, or has its meaning been lost?
CGP Grey illustrated why most people's idea of democratic systems aren't necessarily as fair and functional as one would imagine and there's likelihood those who know otherwise intentionally profit from the ignorance and idealism.
>Does he have any right to say it if we take his goverment into account?
I'll put it like this. I'm not sure how the beliefs and activities of a professional thief make their remarking on a con artist's hustle any less of a point.
If anything one can subscribe to an alternative meaning of the saying "it takes one to know one" in that the thief due to their experience would be informed enough to know when "it's for their own good/it's the best method right now/a few bad apples doesn't mean a rotten branch" may just be fluff covering up a conveniently mechanically efficient but morally ambiguous system, and the saying "Have you done better?/Haven't you done worse?" is a deflect that only reshifts focus to something less uncertain that people are less uncomfortable addressing to smokescreen.

In fact, the fact the sort of thinking above is less likely to fall into question than pointing fingers at the obvious is another example of the selective thinking that hinders the effectiveness of systems that rely on collective judgment. Vote from what most agree on is a patch job because majority rule obviously says nothing about the rules being necessarily right, and vice versa a majority can choose to ignore what's obviously wrong.

Chip is just be summoning what he thinks is vaguely Doomish ranting and posturing, but he unfortunately stumbled onto a point. Democracy is overrated. It's just as much of a "works until it doesn't" method as things like ideal Communism and fabled Philosopher King rule, the difference is more people are happy in the interim so the tragedies are swept under the rug until, by technicality, no one around is in a position to argue.

>Listening to Doom

He's just here to monologue to cover the fact that he's massively envious of Reed, despite Reed being mildly apathetic towards him.

Seriously, Reed could invent a new moisturiser, and five minutes later Latveria would invade somewhere, Doom would call a deathmatch, and a grand speech would be given on the evils of the dermatological conspiracy.

>Obama didn't win on merit

>Scholarship kid turned professor becomes president
>Not merit

What did he do to piss you off, take a dump in your moped gas tank?

It's not like you set him up against anyone credible, after McCain. Did you actually expect Romney to win? Paul Ryan to become champion of the people? Your last lineup consisted of a group containing the Zodiac Killer, and you still managed to find a worse choice, merit's fucking gone and taken the kids.

When it comes down to it, I don't think people REALLY care about Democracy. The vast majority of them want to be fed, clothed, have a good, hedonistic time, and that's it. Nobody has any plans or aspirations, and even those who do, their dreams don't go past "make money" or "be in a lab 24/7". I'm ignoring ultra-leftie protesters because they barely count as humans.

It's honestly no wonder Dictators easily rise to power, since, as long as they're competent, the average joe, which compromises the vast majority of the world, and that's not even getting into the actually poor and downtrodden, will just be glad to have good living conditions.

Good old Morrison. He gave a perfect end to Magneto, highlighted him as the washed up aging hypocritical monster that he is.

For the most part I think the average person has common sense but I am well aware that there are still huge segments of people who will "sympathize" with monsters like the Joker or Doom because they think there cool.

>post-sixties left has a giant secret boner for dictators (just look at news coverage of North Korea at the Olympics) and most comic writers are lefties.
Yet it is always right wingers who insist democracy is bad/the US isn't a democracy.

I don’t understand why people have a negative idea with dictator. All a dictator means is an absolute ruler which Doom is. The word you’re looking for is tyrant. If Doom is a tyrant to his own people that’s another story.

>The US isn't a democracy

Wait, what? It blatantly is.

I mean, you have checks and balances that are skewed, so it's not perfect, but you elect your leader, your representatives at all levels, and even town mayors and the like.

How is it not a democracy?

>Scholarship kid turned professor becomes president
all his school records are still mysteriously closed after all these years and nobody talks about his years as a professor either not that being a professor actually means you can run a country anyway.
the only thing we know about his time before becoming a politicians is that he used to hang around with some pretty racist and bigoted people and that he got turned down twice by some Asian woman

Because it corrupted see

>t. lefty idiot
the US is a republic, there is a difference idiot

Come on mods delete this thread. This is a veiled Sup Forums post. He made it again in the morning which got deleted so the autist is trying again. It’s funny that he is complaining about Doom being autistic when he a big obsessive autist himself.

Say's people don't care about democracy yet you failed to notice the pattern that the more educated the people of a country become the more it moves towards democracy.

You can look at the left to see how Dictators rise to power. It's not about comfort, it's about making life really hard for individuals who oppose them. When a female celebrity comes out and say's she's not a celebrity, she gets threats and insults, the media never reports what feminists do to her as a bad thing but they will report her apology for saying she's not a feminist.

Or how someone may be afraid to say they don't think we should be hiring women over men just to fill some quotas, they need to crush that person.

Eh, that's not the point. It's that for all of the talk about "freedom", the vast majority just wants to have a good time, even if it means sacrificing certain rights.

>What did he do to piss you off
user, he was clearly President WHILE BLACK!