Can anyone who's read the Fables comics tell me how accurate The Wolf Among Us's depiction of Bigby is to his comics...

Can anyone who's read the Fables comics tell me how accurate The Wolf Among Us's depiction of Bigby is to his comics personality? Also Fables thread I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xyxVaTmDjkw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's subjective considering Bigby's personality is entirely up to the player

It's pretty similar, tough but fair, assuming you didn't play him like a dick.

Comics Bigby would have ripped off Grendel's arm but not [glass him]

Season 2 better not have cringe like Bloody Mary. She fucking ruined the second half of season 1

Fables is actually one of the worst comics I have ever read. It's nothing like TWAU, and has none of its atmosphere. It's "baby's first webcomic-tier"
Everyone is an angry asshole with identical speech patterns. The plots go nowhere. The only good thing about it is the art ( and even that is inconsistent). Bill Willingham is a terrible writer who jams his politics into the story at the most bizarre times.
I mean this sincerely, OP, because I made the very mistake you are considering. Do not waste your time with this garbage.
The only part I really enjoyed was when Bigby lied and told a mundie soldier that his name was actually B.B, which stood for "Big Boss".
I can't stop you from reading this dreck, but if you do, ponder on what I've said.

>I can't stop you from reading this dreck
>ponder on what I've said
please don't say things like this

Why not? Do you only understand memes and Sup Forums buzzwords? Most people I know aren't embarrassed by basic vocabulary.

You don't know most people because you're a misanthrope that posts on Sup Forums

Don't mind me, just gonna drop this reaction image i got from the comics

Yeah, keep moving goalposts, you puerile gibbon.

>Everyone is an angry asshole with identical speech patterns.
Barring the vitriol in that post, I wholeheartedly agree. Every character seemed to have the exact same "voice". TWAU was a diamond in the rough with lovable and hateable characters. Fables had pretty lineart that didn't have 1/10th of the atmosphere the game did.

She was an okay idea. I just wish we could've told her off before Bigby kicked her ass.

>Sup Forumsermin gets triggered
Piss off, the first 75 issues are good.

you sound ridiculous.

It shocked me how many people complained about the glass him prompt being too vague and pressed it thinking it would pour him a drink.

It probably became a meme when that one vinesauce streamer got it viral.

I mean, even I got it and i'm dumb as balls. "Glass" "Him". Glass his fuckin face.

REMINDER that if you:
>didn't rip off Grendel's arm
>didn't beat the suspect you questioned
>didn't beat the shit out of Beast
>didn't send Toad to the farm
>didn't send Colin to the farm
>didn't kill Tweedledum
>didn't leave Georgie to die
>didn't throw the Crooked Man down the well

that you are a beta bitch.

>Implying Grendel didn't deserve it
>Implying that the suspect wasn't complicit
>Implying that Beast wasn't a retard blueblood ponce
>Implying Toad isn't an ungrateful rulebreaking piece of shit
>Implying that your best friend should be exempt from the rules
>Implying assault on an officer with intent to kill shouldn't be met with appropriate force
>Implying Georgie didn't deserve it
>Implying the Crooked Man didn't deserve it

I actually liked Mary, because she was the one character I thought could actually put up a fight against Bigby. Any time a character tried to intimidate him, I knew they would get their asses handed to them because he's the Big Bad fuckin' Wolf. But Mary is a force of nature too, so I actually believed they'd be even if it came to a fight.

>the classic Sup Forums shit on anyone who tries and then sit around whining about the lack of people trying meme.

I want Bigby to give me the knot

They're okay, but his criticisms are on point.

I read over 100 issues of Fables and I can tell you it gets bad after issue 75. It's never great, just good at it's best times. It's trash at It's worst times.

I like to think she wouldve been a lot better should TWAU didnt go through the rewrites i've heard so much about.

Overrated in its entirety

>muh off-board boogeyman
I mean this completely seriously: if you actually think Fables is a quality read, you have either terrible taste, or English isn't your first language

i never understood how people took it that way.

she's a good idea in concept but in execution she's fucking cartoony and completely laughable compared to villains like georgie and the crooked man

Comics Bigby is a cunt. TWAU actually lets him be something other than a complete asshole when he isn't talking to Snow.

Jack of fables was fun though

Well, Collin has more of a case than toad
See a pig? He keeps his mouth shut, who gives a fuck?
See a meter tall toad? That's fucking weird.
Fuck Georgie and the crooked man. They deserved it. Ripped the fuckers head off.

From what I heard, comics Bigby is a borderline sociopath, willing to kill anyone who thretens his pack, but having no conscience about innocent collateral damage, or just being as much of a cunt as the villains. And it does not sound like anyone calls him out on it.

colin wouldn't be out of place if fabletown wasn't located in the middle of new york city user

to be fair it's explained that comics bigby has the mentality of a wolf, aka "fuck everyone not in my pack, and if you hit me i'll hit you ten times as hard so you don't fuck with me again"

and he stopped eating people because the times were changing

Anyone that played TWAU and didn't have Bigby punch or threaten anyone is unrealistically nice with how cunty everyone is

>FUCK YOU BIGBY YOU DIDN'T HELP ME WITH THIS SHIT I WOULDN'T TELL YOU ABOUT
>haha look at this fucking dog he's a chump he only killed thousands of people back in the day
>fuck you bro you were helpful but you killed all those people
>what the fuck bigby why aren't you helping us out of the debt we got ourselves into because we wanna live like royalty
>bigby you daft cunt woi u sendin me to da fahm i only baght a sports cah instead o glamuh
>FUCK YOU MAN I WAS JUSTIFIED KILLING THOSE TWO CHICKS BET YOU WOULDN'T BE SO HOT IN MY SHOES EH

The only person of note that misconstrued it is retard woolie from two best friends

apparently they're "ok" in Sup Forums's book so a bunch of posters from that board started parroting his inability to pick up social ques

>"fuck everyone not in my pack, and if you hit me i'll hit you ten times as hard so you don't fuck with me again"
For a beast that makes sense, but for a creature of higher spience like Bigby, that would require some massive mental gymnastics to uphold. I think TWAU did it better, with Bigby fighting against ingrained instinct and a conscience.

the second part makes more sense since disarming grendel ensures he never fucks with you again

You'd be amazed what kind of pets people keep.

I dunno.
I saw a pig once in nyc on a trip there.
I also see them every now and again where I live, but I live in Missouri.

It makes in the context of the game due to the theme and characterization and narrative working in unity to support that choice as well as the more benign one.

I actually started reading fables because I really liked TWAU.

Right on the money. I enjoyed the first 70 or so issues, but after 75 it became literally unreadable garbage. I even gave it 15 more chapters. I've never gone from decently liking a comic to thinking its complete and utter shit so fast.

Seriously it gets so fucking bad, dont waste your time.

Not to mention Billy Willy actually has poor fucking knowledge of fables, which makes you wonder why the fuck he'd make a comic about them.
Seriously, how THE FUCK do you not know King Louie wasn't in Kipling's books? A quick search on wikipedia will tell you that.

how does it take a turn for the worst?

What happens at issue 75?

after 75 is when the main plot of the first 75 issues ends. After that it doesn't really have anywhere to go, it shifts the leads to some unlikable characters like rose red, and honestly just fills like filler. I stopped reading around the time rose red kept mentioning Camelot.

Jack of fables was pretty enjoyable though

Fables is REALLY mediocre, and even the pretty good Jack of Fables spinoff series feels too derivative of far better series. If you want a story about living story characters, go for The Unwritten.

>Camelot
Putting the Arthurian myths on the same level of fables is the most brainlet pleb shit one can do.
It was retarded in Shrek 3 and I bet it's retarded in Fables too.

TWAU goes a little far from the comics, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Pretty much everything has been said already, but all the characters feel organic, the comic dialogue is bland and monotone, nothing and nobody really stand out, but in TWAU everything and everyone feels like it's original. The biggest gripe with the game is the awkward animation in some moments.

TWAU is written very well, and feels like the storytelling of a good detective game, like L.A. Noire.

Also, Bigby and Snow's relationship isn't so forced and artificial like it is in the comics, their interactions with each other feel organic.

It's probably been a good 5 years since I've read it but I don't think they had actually Camelot characters in there but rose red just wanted to model their town after Camelot and have them be governed by a round table. That was a long time ago so I could be wrong or they could have added more (actually is it still going ?) but it was awful and I just lost all interest in it.

iirc didn't their relationship happen because of a spell or something made them briefly fall in love, snow got pregnant during it, and they just decided to stay together ? it was kind of fucked up

It also might be best to skip the "Fables Crossover"

No, by googling it they actually put the Arthurian myths in there, Merlin et all.
It's ignorant and retarded.

Yes, and all of that happened in less than 50 issues.

Fables reads like it was translated to English. A very bland translation

>this thread
>that thread yesterday shitting on Invincible

God damn. Sup Forums was what got me into these books a decade ago and now this board hates literally everything it used to love.

>Not to mention Billy Willy actually has poor fucking knowledge of fables, which makes you wonder why the fuck he'd make a comic about them
simple. lazy hack didn't have to come up with any of his own characters

If you bothered to read the thread instead of whining like a bitch you'd have realized Fables had a hard decline in quality over the years.

You just have bad taste, that's all.

Started off pretty mediocre anyway. Then it just got worse and worse and then suddenly you get "The Israel Analogy". What a joke.

I can't even imagine a situation where it could be misconstrued without severe brain trauma.
>Yo bro, I'm thirsty. Glass me!
>Table 7 ordered 2 beers. Can you glass them for me?
Like, what fucking situation do they think someone would say it?

Oh god I remember that, then Bigby literally burns down a forest lmao

To be fair fables and invincible suffered from the same thing which was neither ended when they should have. They just kept going and nothing good came from it and they just went downhill and couldn't have a good ending.

>their interactions feel organic

Fucking this. A lot of the choices later on were legitimate hard for me to make because it becomes a case of whether or not you want to make Snow happy but fuck over people because the system is shit.

Invincible has nothing substantial besides gore to attract teenagers. And nice art

It can't be stressed how much comics Bigby is an irredeemable asshole. When a bunch of werewolves are eating mundies, his response is to say he'd be okay with it if they weren't hiding and attacking from the shadows like cowards.

WHY DID DETETIVE BRANNIGAN GET WRITTEN OUT? She seemed like a really cool character.

Because Willingham pitched a fit. Seriously.

It's even harder in my opinion because you see Snow's optimism and hope become twisted into annoyance and an icy attitude that she begins pushing unto others.

It just shows how good Fables could be, if it was written by literally anyone besides Bill Willingham.

Isn't it a bit weird that they always get Erin Yvette to voice the waifus, except for Bonnie.

I've always liked her performances, she's a good voice actress.

Fuck off, asshole. Are there ANY comics you like?

I can't wait to hear her performance in TWAU2 when it comes out this year.

Fables went downhill when they went to Arabia or whatever shithole that was.

Yeah, but this is a thread about a shitty comic. I'm sorry you're so insecure and defensive.

>TWAU2
???????????????????????????
telltale is finally making a sequel?

youtube.com/watch?v=xyxVaTmDjkw

Yup, they released a trailer last year, here's to hoping there are no delays. It's one of the few games I'm hoping for this year.

>Someone doesn't like Fables and Invincible? Well then they must not like any comics at all!!
Do you think they're the pinnacle of the medium or something?

>asked to name a comic they themselves like, thus having their taste being exposed to ridicule
>deflect like cowardly bitches instead

I'm shocked

O maybe Sup Forums has just gotten bitter and whiny over the years.

nice but why do i have the feeling that it would be fucking shit especially with nu telltale? fuck i dont know i liked episode 1 of TWD s3 but it went to shit later on so i don know

Got any sauce on that? Or at least a very fun fictional account?

Whoa, where's this coming from? This is obviously the best thread Sup Forums has ever had, because it has guys like and that are cultured enough and brave enough to call out shitty comics when they see them, saving us all from the torture of their mediocrity.

Shame on you user, and God bless those philosopher kings.

>S-STOP CALLING ME OUT ON MY SHIT-TASTE O-OR I'LL CRY HARDER!!!

Jesus fucking Christ I can't even imagine how unbearable you bitchiness must be in real life.
Do you even have friends?

That's one of my concerns, desu. I'm not a huge fan of telltale games to begin with, but TWAU is the game that everyone I know, even the people who dislike Telltale, likes and hopes for a good sequel.

I don't have to justify my taste because I'm not insecure. You, on the other hand, outed your own shit taste yourself. You're also getting very upset and clearly taking this personally, although I can't imagine why.

I'm just going to hope for an enjoyable game

It's not that it went to shit, but it went nowhere interesting. To be fair, though, TWD is a stale franchise, and nothing can be done with it anymore that hasn't already been done by Telltale, Kirkman, the novels, or the TV show.

Batman Enemy Within is a well-written game And John is my best friend, bosom buddy, and life-long pal, though I've yet to play Ep4, so who knows, maybe he turns into a prick, even with the stale Batman setting.

Guardians of the Galaxy was obviously done by a junior team, but I commend them having different endings and a slightly branching storyline. And it felt like a fun comic book. Not to mention Drax was a total bro.

I have hope for TWAU Season 2, because Telltale knows how to make a good game, when they're not making it to pander to a braindead fanbase, or working with a zombie franchise.

wow you're mad

>there are people that don't like Fables

Really? I'm legit surprised. It's such a fun comic, at least earlier on.

Everything with Jack was a gas.

>at least earlier on.

Exactly. If it was just a piece of shit from literally page one like say, America, I wouldn't care. It's upsetting to watch something you enjoy turn to shit.

>thinking season 2 will ever come out
lmao

After TWD: The Final Season, and Game of Thrones Season 2, they should get around to making TWAU S2... In 2021.

Flycatcher might be my favorite slow burn in comics. The nice quiet guy that nobody paid attention to ended up being the greatest hero of all.

Don't forget how good Tales from the Borderlands was.

One of the few characters that wasn't an abrasive douchebag. Even Blue turned into an asshole on his deathbed